bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 7th Sep 2011, 12:14   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Rage system requirements unveiled

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...nts-unveiled/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Sep 2011, 12:18   #2
steveo_mcg
I Mod, Therefore I Own

steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Eeek, i'm now a fraction above minimum specs.... I could do with an upgrade but its not high on my spending priorities.

Man i'm getting old!
Old 7th Sep 2011, 12:21   #3
yakyb
i hate the person above me

yakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysis
thats a fair amount of Hdd space but otherwise low specs
Old 7th Sep 2011, 12:22   #4
Jack_Pepsi
Clan BeeR Founder

Jack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the DremelJack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Pre-ordered last weekend. Can't freakin' wait!

During the rectification of the Vuldronaii the Traveler came as a large, moving Torb. Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex supplicants they chose a new form for him—that of a giant Sloar. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day, I can tell you.
Jack_Pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Sep 2011, 12:23   #5
Centy-face
Caw?

Centy-face has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Seems perfectly reasonable even the 25gb of hard drive space won't be a problem. Though I guess anyone who wants to download the game better pray the installer size is lower or there's going to be a lot of data limits being breached.
Centy-face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Sep 2011, 12:33   #6
GravitySmacked
Mostly Harmless

GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Don't sound too bad to me.

GravitySmacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Sep 2011, 12:42   #7
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.
recommended seems a bit low....... was expecting gtx460 or 5850.

and 8800 to 9800, seriously? they do realise there is less than 10% difference because it's all about the same speed with same G92 architecture. (well G92 roughly equal to original G80 in 8800gtx)

hope the game scales well. nvidia card's requirement doesn't look promising.
Old 7th Sep 2011, 13:07   #8
Arkanrais
Supermodder

Arkanrais has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It seems a bit silly to be having an 8800 as the minimum specs, then an HD 4200 next to it, also minimum. I'm quite certain that even an 8800 GTS 320MB could easily wipe the floor with an HD 4200. :/
Arkanrais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Sep 2011, 13:11   #9
knarF
Noob

knarF has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Sweet, should be able to play at decent setting by the looks of things.
Although that size means it's definitely not going to be a download, it'd take about a week.
knarF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Sep 2011, 13:16   #10
Denis_iii
Ultramodder

Denis_iii has yet to learn the way of the DremelDenis_iii has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Sweet, so my ATI mobility 5870 should have no trouble handling it. I heard it looks amazing on the xbox 360 so an average PC GPU should run it no trouble.
Denis_iii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Sep 2011, 13:17   #11
Instagib
Ultramodder

Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.Instagib is definitely a rep cheat.
Buying this one on disk then.

Silverstone TJ07|Rampage 3 Extreme | i7 950 @ 4.0 | 12Gb Corsair DDR3 1600mhz | EVGA GTX680 | Akasa 1000W Powermax | 480 rad; all under water
Instagib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Sep 2011, 14:54   #12
Showerhead
Ultramodder

Showerhead can run CrysisShowerhead can run CrysisShowerhead can run CrysisShowerhead can run CrysisShowerhead can run CrysisShowerhead can run CrysisShowerhead can run CrysisShowerhead can run CrysisShowerhead can run CrysisShowerhead can run CrysisShowerhead can run Crysis
On multiple disks
Showerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Sep 2011, 15:01   #13
Psy-UK
Multimodder

Psy-UK has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
25GB? Really? Jesus.
Psy-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Sep 2011, 15:58   #14
tad2008
Supermodder

tad2008 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Well looks like my system is somewhere in the middle of no-mans land with a dual core cpu and 2GB ram coupled with a Radeon 6850.

That said the graphics hardly look earth shattering and Deus Ex:HR barely gave my system enough to warm up, unlike The Witcher 2 which definitely made it sweat.

I guess with disk space requirements increasing it won't be long before we'll be buying games on blu-ray disks instead of DVD, lol
tad2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Sep 2011, 16:36   #15
Ayrto
Supermodder

Ayrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for president
At 25GB I think it's safe to say that content wise, players will sure get their money's worth. Would have liked it if they'd aimed a bit higher on PC , as in DX11- with recommended sys requirements set around (say) a GTX470. Though that's understandable, the game has been in development for ages and as a result uses DX9 only afaik
Ayrto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Sep 2011, 17:02   #16
mighty_pirate
Multimodder

mighty_pirate has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I downloaded the 7gb Dead Island preload in 20minutes. It doesn't seem likely that anyone who can't download this overnight would be buying new games digitally.
Amazingly low specs though, either it's not nearly as pretty as it looks (I'm not expecting it to blow me away, but it looks nice enough) or it's very well optimised.
mighty_pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Sep 2011, 19:21   #17
rollo
I Mod, Therefore I Own

rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.rollo is definitely a rep cheat.
id expect its well optimised
rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Sep 2011, 19:58   #18
Chicken76
Hypermodder

Chicken76 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Chicken76 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Chicken76 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Chicken76 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Chicken76 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Chicken76 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Chicken76 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Chicken76 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Chicken76 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Chicken76 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Chicken76 - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
The specs seem low, because they are supposed to run the game with every 'knob' set to 'ultra low' and probably in 800x600 resolution. Set everything to medium and make it run on a 1680x1050 monitor and that 9800GTX will give you all it's got: 12 fps!
Chicken76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Sep 2011, 20:37   #19
bagman
I Mod, Therefore I Own

bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
This game looks awesome, really like the graphics style and the guns sound good to, hope they handle just as well.
Old 8th Sep 2011, 09:21   #20
sub routine
Archie Gemel

sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sub routine is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
i would like to see how their claims hold up in actuality.

And on a side note it just goes to show how much consoles are holding up gaming in terms of the shinies, I mean an 8800 low to a 9800 high....Oh what it could be if people put aside maximum priofit and optimised for top end pc architecture. I think if I ever win the Euro millions i`ll set up a non-prifit pc gaming company.
sub routine is offline   Reply With Quote