bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 12th Sep 2011, 10:37   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Space Marine not released on Steam in UK

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...-steam-in-uk/1
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Sep 2011, 10:40   #2
Stotherd-001
Knows what a dremel is. Shock.

Stotherd-001 has yet to learn the way of the DremelStotherd-001 has yet to learn the way of the DremelStotherd-001 has yet to learn the way of the DremelStotherd-001 has yet to learn the way of the DremelStotherd-001 has yet to learn the way of the DremelStotherd-001 has yet to learn the way of the DremelStotherd-001 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Shenanigans afoot.

Yeah.
Stotherd-001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Sep 2011, 10:52   #3
Guinevere
Mega Mom

Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.Guinevere is definitely a rep cheat.
Has steamworks but isn't on steam? A detect a lawyers handiwork.

Agghh that's the last time I ever click on one of your videos. If I'm not being bitched slapped by chunky pixels I'm being force fed 30 second adverts that can't be stopped, paused or muted.

Definitely the worst video watching experience I know of anywhere on the internet. Terrible UI (try rewinding to the beginning LOL). Size restricted by advert frame and preceded by something that makes me feel like this:

I know the site is free, but we're also a decade into the twenty-first century. Everyone else seems to strike a better balance including other Dennis sites. Check out Auto Trader, better UI & UX, shorter and more relevant adverts and a video that's the width of the content. What gives? Why does BT get a rough deal?

Last edited by Guinevere; 12th Sep 2011 at 11:00.
Guinevere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Sep 2011, 10:55   #4
Greenie
Modder

Greenie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It's a joke. I ended up buying a download key from shopto to get around it so I could play the game!
Greenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Sep 2011, 11:12   #5
proxess
Hypermodder

proxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for presidentproxess should be considered for president
+1 to Guinevere's post.
Ubuntu #8076 / Linux #429448
proxess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Sep 2011, 11:35   #6
Parge
ITX FTW

Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.
If this is due to Game I'm going to be super annoyed! THEY DONT EVEN STOCK PC GAMES!

There is a worrying trend of big games starting to rally against Steam!

I cannot stress enough how stupid this is, Steam keeps PC gaming alive.

Parvum ITX - 3570k - GTX 770 - Asus P8Z77-I ITX - 8GB Tactical Tracer - 256GB SSD - 480GB SSD - H80
Parge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Sep 2011, 11:40   #7
Gigglebyte
:3

Gigglebyte has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I got a copy from Amazon instead and later downloaded it from a different location to a different machine from the Steam servers without needing the DVDs, it is pretty ridiculous that Steam is being blocked in this case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parge
If this is due to Game I'm going to be super annoyed! THEY DONT EVEN STOCK PC GAMES!

There is a worrying trend of big games starting to rally against Steam!

I cannot stress enough how stupid this is, Steam keeps PC gaming alive.
With publishers the quick large cash flow is in consoles, PC gaming doesn't get the attention it deserves and is always left with sloppy-seconds on multi-platform titles : /
Gigglebyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Sep 2011, 11:46   #8
Trefarm
No matter what... It's all good

Trefarm has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinevere
Agghh that's the last time I ever click on one of your videos. If I'm not being bitched slapped by chunky pixels I'm being force fed 30 second adverts that can't be stopped, paused or muted.
+1... absolutely dire, I find that the ad's glitch and repeat as well.

I'm always tabbing off to youtube to watch.
Old 12th Sep 2011, 12:03   #9
Mongoose132
Smiles are free-Use 'em :D

Mongoose132 can run CrysisMongoose132 can run CrysisMongoose132 can run CrysisMongoose132 can run CrysisMongoose132 can run CrysisMongoose132 can run CrysisMongoose132 can run CrysisMongoose132 can run CrysisMongoose132 can run CrysisMongoose132 can run CrysisMongoose132 can run Crysis
+2, just give us a Youtube link underneath or something on the Sly
Old 12th Sep 2011, 12:09   #10
goddi
What's a Dremel?

goddi has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Shenanigans afoot
goddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Sep 2011, 12:11   #11
Gigglebyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose132
+2, just give us a Youtube link underneath or something on the Sly
If you wanted something sly just install AdBlock+ plugin, works fine and no ads in the video for me and as a bonus it gets rid of YouTube adverts too.
Old 12th Sep 2011, 12:27   #12
longweight
Possibly Longbeard.

longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.
Adblock works really well, at the weekend the O2 adverts on BT were causing my CPU to run at 25%, used ad block and it dropped to 2%
longweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Sep 2011, 12:27   #13
longweight
Possibly Longbeard.

longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigglebyte View Post
If you wanted something sly just install AdBlock+ plugin, works fine and no ads in the video for me and as a bonus it gets rid of YouTube adverts too.
No ads at the start of YouTube videos?!
longweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Sep 2011, 12:34   #14
Denis_iii
Ultramodder

Denis_iii has yet to learn the way of the DremelDenis_iii has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
THQ, I'll buy Space Marine and Saints Row when available on Steam. Until then, you obviously don't want my business which I respect.
Denis_iii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Sep 2011, 12:36   #15
Denis_iii
Ultramodder

Denis_iii has yet to learn the way of the DremelDenis_iii has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by longweight
Quote:
Everyone everywhere who browses the internet should install AdBlock+. From years of frustration, flash ad popups, flashing crashing browsers or causing cpu to thrasg and lockup PC not to mention bullshit youtube ads and youtube crashing due to ads etc etc etc etc etc and then..... I installed AdBlock+ and it was like a new internet, a breathe of fresh air.
Denis_iii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Sep 2011, 12:43   #16
DbD
Supermodder

DbD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DbD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DbD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DbD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DbD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DbD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DbD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DbD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DbD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DbD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DbD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis_iii
THQ, I'll buy Space Marine and Saints Row when available on Steam. Until then, you obviously don't want my business which I respect.
+1
DbD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Sep 2011, 13:00   #17
Gigglebyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by longweight
Quote:
Yup it gets rid of the ones before videos and the ads that popup a few seconds into the actual video.
Like Denis_iii said, it is a breath of fresh air.
Old 12th Sep 2011, 13:05   #18
Salty Wagyu
moo

Salty Wagyu - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Salty Wagyu - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Salty Wagyu - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Salty Wagyu - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Salty Wagyu - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Salty Wagyu - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Salty Wagyu - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Salty Wagyu - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Salty Wagyu - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Salty Wagyu - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Salty Wagyu - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis_iii
+1
Old 12th Sep 2011, 13:06   #19
greypilgers
Supermodder

greypilgers can run Crysisgreypilgers can run Crysisgreypilgers can run Crysisgreypilgers can run Crysisgreypilgers can run Crysisgreypilgers can run Crysisgreypilgers can run Crysisgreypilgers can run Crysisgreypilgers can run Crysisgreypilgers can run Crysis
Never mind the sodding adverts on videos - save that for another thread. More important is the news that another upcoming and prospectively good title is being witheld from the most popular digital distributor for reasons that are never made clear by any party. THis is definitely a worrying trend and the fact that no one ever seems to see fit to grace us gamers with anything approaching a decent response or explanation is really quite insulting.

Bungletron, I salute you!
greypilgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Sep 2011, 13:07   #20
the-beast
Modder

the-beast has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
So it used steamworks, but is not on steam..... how the hell do you activate it or are you left with a nice shiny coaster instead?

Am I missing something here as all steamworks games require registering and activating on steam as far as i know?
the-beast is offline   Reply With Quote