bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 5th Feb 2012, 16:40   #1
TheGreatSatan
Dark Lord of BT!

TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.
Project: FO3 Wasteland Ranger - He Lives!!

Fallout 3: Wasteland Ranger

I've been wanting to do a theme case for the game Fallout 3, but I've had little luck with picking the proper look

I was recently looking at Troy Fryfogle's Hellusion mod that he built years ago and even though I've seen it so many times, I was finally inspired.

So, I ordered my own mannequin

Except, I'll be using the whole mannequin

I'll also be adding some interesting accessories, like this Nerf gun

Mine will need it to look real

I'm going to be recreating the clothing too and making him look like a California Ranger from Fallout New Vegas, but not completely like the picture

I got these cool kneepads

My boots from when I was in the military. I'll go back and roughen them up later

And my old duty belt

Then I threw it all together with this one piece coveralls

Just thinking A-Head here

I ordered this gas mask on eBay. It came all the way from Lithuana!!

He's almost too pretty to cover up...

First I put on the black hood. I don't want his eyes visible through the mask eyes

And then I stuffed it all in the mask

And set it back on. Looks just creepy enough!

More to come
Modified Azza Genesis with an Intel 2600K, Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H, 32GB (8GB x 4) Corsair XMS3, 960GB Crucial M500, 240GB Sandisk Extreme, 1275W Thermaltake 80 Platinum, Gigabyte GTX 780 OC 3GB, and a Corsair H60

Last edited by TheGreatSatan; 3rd May 2012 at 14:48.
TheGreatSatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Feb 2012, 17:59   #2
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
Kinky...
I suspect you will be cutting the useless fingers at some point? -Needs the 'Kung-fu grip' for holding weapons. I also see some biker armor in your future.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Feb 2012, 00:18   #3
TheGreatSatan
Dark Lord of BT!

TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.TheGreatSatan is definitely a rep cheat.
You are psychic!
Modified Azza Genesis with an Intel 2600K, Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H, 32GB (8GB x 4) Corsair XMS3, 960GB Crucial M500, 240GB Sandisk Extreme, 1275W Thermaltake 80 Platinum, Gigabyte GTX 780 OC 3GB, and a Corsair H60
Old 6th Feb 2012, 13:56   #4
Vetalar
*learning english*

Vetalar has yet to learn the way of the DremelVetalar has yet to learn the way of the DremelVetalar has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
excellent!!! FO 4ever!!!
better add some "muscles" to this metrosexual body... until this it looks like a pencil in bucket
and IMHO You have to remove all stickers/logos from equipment...
Quote:
I also see some biker armor in your future.
maybe football player armor (greetings from nearly ALL post-apocalyptic movies)
Vetalar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Feb 2012, 20:44   #5
peteski
long live the pc

peteski has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
like it . can i ask where are you it looks like a computer parts graveyard

Old 6th Feb 2012, 20:53   #6
l3p
www.^.nl

l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Oh man, something completely different! Sub'd!
l3p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Feb 2012, 06:04   #7
TheGreatSatan
Dark Lord of BT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteski View Post
like it . can i ask where are you it looks like a computer parts graveyard

My basement/modding area
Old 7th Feb 2012, 06:56   #8
modscases.com
Multimodder

modscases.com has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
wow very cool man keep it up
modscases.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Feb 2012, 08:03   #9
The_Beast
I like wood ಠ_ಠ

The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
This needs a Fat Man or at least one of the laser guns
- i7 3770k - MSI Z77A-GD65 - EVGA GTX 570 - 8Gb G.Skill Sniper (1.25v) - Fractal R3 Black - Corsair H50 - Corsair 750HX - Samsung 830 128Gb SSD - 6 Samsung F4EG 2TB - 2 WD Black 1TB - 2 WD Black 750GB - Dell UltraSharp U2410 - WASD V1 Custom - IBM Model M SSK - KBC Poker (Ergo-Clears) - Logitech Mx518 & G500 - Audio Technica AD700 - Logitech Z4 - Windows 7 Pro -
The_Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Apr 2012, 23:31   #10
TheGreatSatan
Dark Lord of BT!

I finally got around to cutting him open

And it's roomier than I thought

Actually, 8 inches should be plenty

I put in a Micro ATX motherboard (just a dummy) and discovered my first obstacle. The mannequin has an arched back and the motherboard will not be able to lie flat

I want to use this video card inside

An even though it's a 3 slot beast it will still fit

First I'll have to remove the arch

I'm going to cut it out and then add some aluminum following the line and making it flat enough for a motherboard tray and stand offs

Remember, he's going to be wearing clothes and no one will no what his back looks like anyway

Let's get to work

And there goes that. It's very easy to cut this stuff

This sheet of aluminum was once in my R2-D2

I just have to mold it into place and then rivet it down

After that, I put tape on the rough edges so I don't get cut up later on by mistake

Now I need a motherboard tray and this case is garbage anyway

I use the dummy board again to make sure it lines up right

But I'm not sure how to make it stay in place so I rely on an old buddy: Expanding Foam

Once the foam dries I'll remove the board

I've come to realize that I won't be able to use such a huge video card anymore, but it's OK because I have many others

Now I need to make a place for the PSU, so I cut what I need

I predrilled out the holes for the rivets

After I cut it out I put the frame on the inside

Old 9th Apr 2012, 07:46   #11
jhanlon303
The Keeper of History

jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Will PSU fit warped like that? My mannequin put the PSU in the bottom .

john
Old 9th Apr 2012, 08:43   #12
kelmannen
Supermodder

kelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
looking good! fallout rocks! got maaaaany hours in the series =D
You should check this guy out!

REALLY good looking ncr helmet made of cardboard! =)

Ps. I did NOT make it! Belongs to the poster of the video!
Ps#2. how do i get the youtube tags to work? tried a couple of times but don't get it =/

Hopes that i someday completes my first scratchbuild...

Last edited by kelmannen; 9th Apr 2012 at 08:53.
kelmannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Apr 2012, 14:43   #13
TheGreatSatan
Dark Lord of BT!

Now that the foam is dry I was able to take the bad board out

I put the torso back on the legs so I could take a look at my progress

My gas mask hoses came from Lithuania too

I started to think about cooling. The PSU will be exhausting hot air out of the case, but I need at least one more fan doing that. I really only have room for one 80mm fan under the right arm

So, I used my holesaw

And the skull grill from my Treasured mod

Old 10th Apr 2012, 15:04   #14
TheGreatSatan
Dark Lord of BT!

I picked up this leg brace, but not for the mannequin

I pulled the metal support struts out

ANd then broke his right arm

So I can give him an elbow that bends

Old 10th Apr 2012, 15:22   #15
Mankz
________

Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Mankz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Yay. Modding.
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Apr 2012, 16:47   #16
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
It's beginning to look like you should have started with a skeleton. You'd have all the articulation, and would look d*mnned scary through the goggles. I doubt the expanding foam will stick for long. If you can't rivet, how about drilling a bunch of holes and stitching the board tray in place with bell wire?
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Apr 2012, 17:38   #17
Vetalar
*learning english*

Vetalar has yet to learn the way of the DremelVetalar has yet to learn the way of the DremelVetalar has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
For expanding foam - 2/3 of used cars in our country has it as a repair/shape stuff in it and no problem witu wearing off. Oh and that cars from lithuania too

send from my BLADE via tapatalk
Old 10th Apr 2012, 20:22   #18
TheGreatSatan
Dark Lord of BT!

I have expanding foam in my R2-M5 that is years old. It's nearly impossible to get rid of and is exceptionally strong. I have clothing still stained with it years after I wiped my hands on them
Old 10th Apr 2012, 20:36   #19
Vetalar
*learning english*

While this foam is strong - leave it under the sun and it became brown and dusty. It very UV sensitive.

send from my BLADE via tapatalk
Old 11th Apr 2012, 02:02   #20
TheGreatSatan
Dark Lord of BT!

Like all my mods as of late, this will be on display at the store where I work

View Mode