bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 16th Sep 2011, 10:45   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Portal goes free on Steam

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...ree-on-steam/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Sep 2011, 10:59   #2
BLC
Something witty goes here

BLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming Saiyan
If anyone remotely interested in PC games hasn't managed to get hold of this yet, they need their head examined... I'm pretty sure that this isn't the first time Valve have put this up for free.

That said, if you haven't already got Portal then go and do it now! ...Then go get your head examined afterwards...
BLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Sep 2011, 11:04   #3
Vo0Ds
Fake potato

Vo0Ds has yet to learn the way of the DremelVo0Ds has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
"Using interactive tools like the Portal series to draw them in makes physics, math, logic, spatial reasoning, probability, and problem-solving interesting, cool, and fun which gets us one step closer to our goal-"

Cake!

Masara: i5 2500@4.2Ghz | Asus P8P67LE | EVGA GTX460SC | 8Gb Corsair 1600 | 1TB WD-C BLACK | Fractal R3 | LG 23" IPS
LEGO Ghetto HTPC: Broken-ass laptop pulled apart, now a HTPC... made of LEGO. UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Vo0Ds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Sep 2011, 11:05   #4
Xir
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.
...I read "Postal" for free on Steam...darn!
X1800XT 512mb Sapphire
200GB Samsung SP2004C 24" Asus something 1920x1080
Xir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Sep 2011, 11:08   #5
enciem
Multimodder

enciem has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I take it this means no-one will want my gift-able copy I've still not been able to offload
enciem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Sep 2011, 11:08   #6
Bungletron
Hypermodder

Bungletron is definitely a rep cheat.Bungletron is definitely a rep cheat.Bungletron is definitely a rep cheat.Bungletron is definitely a rep cheat.Bungletron is definitely a rep cheat.Bungletron is definitely a rep cheat.Bungletron is definitely a rep cheat.Bungletron is definitely a rep cheat.Bungletron is definitely a rep cheat.Bungletron is definitely a rep cheat.Bungletron is definitely a rep cheat.
The cake is a lie.
Laptop: Thinkpad X230 | i5-3320M | 8GB DDR3 |Samsung 840 EVO 500GB
Bungletron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Sep 2011, 11:14   #7
DriftCarl
Supermodder

DriftCarl has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
sweet,
my mum is finished with angry birds and she wanted me to get another puzzle type game for her. I think I will pop round my parents house tonight and install it.
DriftCarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Sep 2011, 11:24   #8
Tattysnuc
Thinking about which mod to do 1st.

Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Oooh. I missed this game. If it's all fro free, I think I'll partake of that.

.... and then I'm off to get my head examined...

Wonder if that's a cheesecake?
Tattysnuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Sep 2011, 11:33   #9
xMathiasD
<Title></Title>

xMathiasD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.xMathiasD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.xMathiasD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.xMathiasD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.xMathiasD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.xMathiasD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.xMathiasD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.xMathiasD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.xMathiasD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.xMathiasD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.xMathiasD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xir
...I read "Postal" for free on Steam...darn!
haha! thats such a nice game :P
Old 16th Sep 2011, 11:34   #10
do_it_anyway
Supermodder

do_it_anyway has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldo_it_anyway has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Awesomeness

Of course, any self repecting gamer probably has the orangebox anyway, or bought Portal during the summer Steam sale, when it was about £2 anyway. So they probably won't give away all that many copies, but get good advertising out of it, and might well sell more copies of Portal 2 afterwards.
do_it_anyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Sep 2011, 11:55   #11
tonyd223
king of nothing

tonyd223 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It's me - I'm the only one who hasn't played this yet - downloading now...
tonyd223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Sep 2011, 11:57   #12
BLC
Something witty goes here

BLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming SaiyanBLC is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattysnuc View Post
.... and then I'm off to get my head examined...

Wonder if that's a cheesecake?

Unfortunately no, that's no cheesecake. It's a Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte - or Black Forest Gateaux, if you're not being a nerd ... Apparently modelled on a cake being displayed in a cake shop near to the developer office. Yes, it is sad that I know that much detail about it.
BLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Sep 2011, 11:57   #13
fingerbob69
Hypermodder

fingerbob69 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfingerbob69 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'm waiting for Portal 2 to go free-to-download.
Antec 902, Asus P6T se, i7-920 D0 oc@3.6ghz, Asaka Nero S, 6gb Corsair, Thermaltake 750w Evo Blue, XFX 4890 + Artic Twin Turbo Pro, Asus Xonar DS, BFG Ageia PhysX, 2x 500gb Seagate HDD, Win7 hp, NEC ea231wmi, MS X4, Cordless Mouseman optical(deceased)..now a Roccat Kova+
fingerbob69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Sep 2011, 12:17   #14
V3ctor
Tech addict...

V3ctor has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I got it since release, and never played more than 5min... I'll have to give it a go...
Intel Core i7 4770K@4.5Ghz / ASUS Sabertooth Z87 / 2x4Gb Gskill Trident X 2400Mhz / 2x ASUS Matrix Platinum 7970 3Gb / Samsung T260 / 2x Corsair Force GT 240Gb raid0/ Corsair HX-850W/ Silverstone FT02R-Wi
V3ctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Sep 2011, 12:42   #15
longweight
Possibly Longbeard.

longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.
Does anyone still pay for Portal? I got my copy free from a friend who had it as a steam gift, most of my mates did it this way too!
longweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Sep 2011, 13:00   #16
l3v1ck
really joined on Dec 24th 2004.

l3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Thanks for the heads up.
The old Dennis Forums (CPC, PC Pro, Mac User etc) - Meeting Place lives on. You're welcome to visit it HERE
l3v1ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Sep 2011, 13:04   #17
Woodspoon
Supermodder

Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.Woodspoon is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fingerbob69
I'm waiting for Portal 2 to go free-to-download.
you'll have a long wait then.
Woodspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Sep 2011, 13:10   #18
Gigglebyte
:3

Gigglebyte has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungletron
The cake is a lie.
Actually, it wasn't :'(
Gigglebyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Sep 2011, 14:24   #19
longweight
Possibly Longbeard.

longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.
There was cake?
longweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Sep 2011, 14:48   #20
fingerbob69
Hypermodder

fingerbob69 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfingerbob69 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by longweight
There was cake?
Cut scene right at the end.
Antec 902, Asus P6T se, i7-920 D0 oc@3.6ghz, Asaka Nero S, 6gb Corsair, Thermaltake 750w Evo Blue, XFX 4890 + Artic Twin Turbo Pro, Asus Xonar DS, BFG Ageia PhysX, 2x 500gb Seagate HDD, Win7 hp, NEC ea231wmi, MS X4, Cordless Mouseman optical(deceased)..now a Roccat Kova+
fingerbob69 is offline   Reply With Quote