bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 20th Sep 2011, 13:50   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
DC Universe Online going free to play

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...free-to-play/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Sep 2011, 15:09   #2
zimbloggy
Genius Extraordinaire

zimbloggy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
yay. we definitely needed another free to play mmo that's for sure!
Old 20th Sep 2011, 19:04   #3
Aracos
Elite

Aracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run CrysisAracos can run Crysis
Wait, is the description of free implying you need to buy game updates?
Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 3200MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1600MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro | openSUSE
Aracos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Sep 2011, 22:58   #4
mighty_pirate
Multimodder

mighty_pirate has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Anyone notice this has disappeared from Steam too? Just went to have a look-see & it's gone. Another DLC dispute?
mighty_pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Sep 2011, 23:06   #5
longweight
Possibly Longbeard.

longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.
If it's not on Steam then I am not interested.
longweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Sep 2011, 22:58   #6
cgthomas
Cpt. Handsome

cgthomas has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The future of gaming:
- Free to play with micro transactions
- Heavily subscription based games (Activision's alley)
Old 22nd Sep 2011, 12:21   #7
thetrashcanman
Angel headed hipsters

thetrashcanman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.thetrashcanman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.thetrashcanman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.thetrashcanman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.thetrashcanman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.thetrashcanman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.thetrashcanman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.thetrashcanman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.thetrashcanman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.thetrashcanman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.thetrashcanman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mighty_pirate
Anyone notice this has disappeared from Steam too? Just went to have a look-see & it's gone. Another DLC dispute?
Whaaa? Bloody hell that is a bit of luck, I just bought it from steam the day before this was announced
Old 29th Sep 2011, 04:24   #8
Hovis
Supermodder

Hovis has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Glad this is happening. I got a really good couple of months out of DCUO, but once I'd hit level cap with a bunch of different characters it all got a bit grindy (not a typo, it actually gets grindy after you hit max level, the road to the level cap was always fun and interesting). Problem with a game like that is for the price of an extra month of it, and just one extra month at that, you can buy a whole new game, thus, like everybody else I know that played, I quit. So it's good to see it go free to play.
Hovis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Sep 2011, 14:50   #9
Volund
Am I supposed to care?

Volund can run CrysisVolund can run CrysisVolund can run CrysisVolund can run CrysisVolund can run CrysisVolund can run CrysisVolund can run CrysisVolund can run CrysisVolund can run CrysisVolund can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aracos View Post
Wait, is the description of free implying you need to buy game updates?
same as with LOTRO probably, you need to buy content updates (I'm assuming not regular bugfixes/game balance updates)

If you believe in GLaDOS and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig
Volund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Sep 2011, 15:17   #10
itrush07
Multimodder

itrush07 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hmm, perfect timing... hope to try it too..
itrush07 is offline   Reply With Quote