bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 20th Sep 2011, 14:11   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Human Revolution's boss fights were outsourced

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...were-outsour/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Sep 2011, 14:14   #2
faugusztin
I *am* the guy with two left hands

faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Well, one of the bossfights can be won without bullets fired .
faugusztin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Sep 2011, 14:23   #3
Bauul
Sir Bongaminge

Bauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run Crysis
I've got through the first two (just defeated the second), and personally didn't think they were too bad.

*very mild spoilers*

True the first boss was just a bullet sponge, but there were so many guns and grenades in the arena it wasn't difficult.

The second boss I thought was pretty awesome - absolutely impossible until you work out a weakness trick (of which there are a few), and then killable in about 30 seconds. I was so chuffed when I worked out how to do it.
Bauul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Sep 2011, 14:33   #4
LJF
Modded

LJF has yet to learn the way of the DremelLJF has yet to learn the way of the DremelLJF has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I killed the third boss last night with a single punch. Such a ridiculous glitch.
LJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Sep 2011, 14:33   #5
Bloody_Pete
Technophile(and yes, thats 724Mb/s)

Bloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Try doing the second one without electro-resist! She's damn near impossible!
i5 3570k @ 4.6GHz (1.28v) on custom water loop/ Watercooling how-to, Asus Maximus 5 Gene, 16GB Corsair Vengence 1600MHz (2 black, 2 red), Asus 780 Posiedon Platinium, 512GB Crucial Mx1000, 3 x Samsung F1 1TB in RAID 5, Xigmatek Elysium, Enermax Revolution 85+ 850W, Corsair K60, Corsair SP2500 speakers, Dell U2311H & Asus VK222W.
Bloody_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Sep 2011, 14:44   #6
LJF
Modded

LJF has yet to learn the way of the DremelLJF has yet to learn the way of the DremelLJF has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody_Pete
I did. Killed her with another glitch. Found a spot where her typhoon somehow misses at close range and then stun-gunned her 15-20 times in succession. She's stunned for just long enough to reload and fire off the next round.
LJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Sep 2011, 14:47   #7
Darkefire
Multimodder

Darkefire has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I was in love with the game up until the first boss fight (which I'm currently stuck on). Penny Arcade got it right, if you've been playing almost purely as a nonlethal stealth type who avoids most fights you're going to be rather ill-equipped to suddenly have to handle a 7 foot cyborg with a minigun for a left hand who can take more bullets to the head than I've fired in the entire game thus far. It's so completely jarring to suddenly have to play like a first-person shooter when I've spent a good five hours up to that point doing my best Sam Fisher impression. Heck, I turned down the difficulty to "Easy" and the guy still wipes the floor with me in under a minute.
Darkefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Sep 2011, 14:50   #8
Zero_UK
Hypermodder

Zero_UK is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zero_UK is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zero_UK is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zero_UK is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zero_UK is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zero_UK is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zero_UK is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zero_UK is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zero_UK is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zero_UK is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Zero_UK is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Spoilers: @ bloody_Pete: I found she was okay to beat by making gas and emp mines. Stand in the middle and place them in a wide circle around you. She runs to attack, sets it off and loses a load of health or disabled. Shoot the heck out of her
Zero_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Sep 2011, 14:52   #9
Bauul
Sir Bongaminge

Bauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJF
Quote:
I did. Killed her with another glitch. Found a spot where her typhoon somehow misses at close range and then stun-gunned her 15-20 times in succession. She's stunned for just long enough to reload and fire off the next round.
Yup, the Stun Gun is your friend. This is how I did it:

1) Shoot her with a stun gun straight away
2) Switch weapons and unload half a magazine of Heavy Rifle into her face whilst she's stunned
3) She recieves so much damage she runs off to recharge without attacking you
4) Reload all your guns
5) Have your stun gun ready when she returns

Repeat.

Took two cycles and she was down, although I imagine it would be more on hard difficulty.
Bauul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Sep 2011, 14:57   #10
Deders
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Deders is definitely a rep cheat.Deders is definitely a rep cheat.Deders is definitely a rep cheat.Deders is definitely a rep cheat.Deders is definitely a rep cheat.Deders is definitely a rep cheat.Deders is definitely a rep cheat.Deders is definitely a rep cheat.Deders is definitely a rep cheat.Deders is definitely a rep cheat.Deders is definitely a rep cheat.
I found them all very easy......

1st took me a few tries to realise I shouldn't just shoot them but use my environment. Throwing gas cannisters slowed him down, then just keep shooting until he comes at you again and repeat.

2nd was easy enough as I found her recharging and just shot her loads with exploding magnum bullets. Might have used an EMP grenade, Can't remember.

By the 3rd one I had the grenade launcher, only needed 2 or 3 shots, didn't even die once.
i5 750@3800 - MSI P55 GD65 - Asus GTX780 DirectCU II OC 3GB @1215 & 7000 - 8GB Gskill RipjawsX DDR3 @1800 8-9-8 - Be Quiet! Straight Power E9 500W - Nanoxia Deep Silence One - X-FI Xtreme Gamer - Samsung 830 128GB - Spinpoint F3 1TB - WD RE4 2TB - WD Caviar Blue 640 - Dell U2913WM - Logitech G19 - Corsair M65 - Thermaltake Contac 29 with Noctua NF-F12 PWM.
Deders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Sep 2011, 15:16   #11
faugusztin
I *am* the guy with two left hands

faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
@Deders: 1st one - i took rocket launcher for him. 3 rockets, he is down.
2nd one - stunt gun + few grenades.
3rd one - single punch while he is jumping over the fence: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v1X5F0d58I
faugusztin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Sep 2011, 15:37   #12
Cogwulf
Minimodder

Cogwulf has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Okay, so they outsourced the boss fights, that's one thing. But then, they release a video bragging about it?

And then, with the video they include snapshots of some really interesting cut-scenes that never appeared into the game, cut-scenes which show the boss fights in much bigger open areas, with more footage leading up to the start of the fights.

When I played the game the first time, it wasn't everything I'd hoped for but I enjoyed it, I was happy. Now they keep showing me more and more which not only proves it was possible for them to have made the game better, but also that they just gave up trying.
Cogwulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Sep 2011, 15:38   #13
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
I did. Didn't find it at all hard really, just dodged grenades when I saw them coming.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Sep 2011, 15:44   #14
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.
i guess those subcontractors didn't ask the all important question: "is this deus-ex-y?"
Old 20th Sep 2011, 15:44   #15
Adnoctum
Kill_All_Humans

Adnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for presidentAdnoctum should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkefire View Post
I was in love with the game up until the first boss fight (which I'm currently stuck on).
The spoilers below are only non-specific fight details with hints, not storyline/location spoilers.

I'm playing through for the second time for Pacifist (no kills) and Max Difficulty achievements. Killed the 1st boss with just the 10mm pistol. Yeah, he is a beast, but a flaw is he is a slow tank. You need to keep moving using the cover of columns and barriers, and his gun overheats, so use this time to break cover to move/fire. Use a few EMP grenades if you have them. I also had a single explosive grenade I was saving for him. It took a couple of goes, but wasn't so bad.

2nd boss was easier and I made it past on the first try, similarly with the 10mm pistol and max difficulty. The Smart Vision augment is very handy (I won't say why), and the EMP Shielding armour augment is near essential because of environmental electricity. Again, keep moving and use the cover available. I also found mines (remembering where you laid them!) very helpful. EMP grenades are very effective.

Almost up to the 3rd boss now. From my first play through, I know I'll need to keep moving and use the available cover and use some grenades. Hmm, I'm starting to see a pattern!
Old 20th Sep 2011, 16:25   #16
Da_Rude_Baboon
What the?

Da_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitDa_Rude_Baboon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Side step her intital charge, shoot her with the stun gun, reload, shoot her with the stun gun. Repeat about 20 times and shes down.
Da_Rude_Baboon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Sep 2011, 16:32   #17
MjFrosty
Hypermodder

MjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
I love how the guy sounds really chuffed and up beat about what he's doing..

Which turns out ruined an otherwise almost perfect game
Old 20th Sep 2011, 16:48   #18
rickysio
N900 | HJE900

rickysio has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogwulf
Okay, so they outsourced the boss fights, that's one thing. But then, they release a video bragging about it?
It's probably a response from the developers who had their hands tied by meddling and ill-informed executives trying to explain to a let-down fan base why exactly did the boss fights suck so bad in comparison.
rickysio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Sep 2011, 17:05   #19
r3loaded
Ultramodder

r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.r3loaded is definitely a rep cheat.
And that kids is why you need to be careful when you subcontract.
r3loaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Sep 2011, 17:50   #20
kosch
Trango in the Mango

kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.kosch is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkefire
I was in love with the game up until the first boss fight (which I'm currently stuck on). Penny Arcade got it right, if you've been playing almost purely as a nonlethal stealth type who avoids most fights you're going to be rather ill-equipped to suddenly have to handle a 7 foot cyborg with a minigun for a left hand who can take more bullets to the head than I've fired in the entire game thus far. It's so completely jarring to suddenly have to play like a first-person shooter when I've spent a good five hours up to that point doing my best Sam Fisher impression. Heck, I turned down the difficulty to "Easy" and the guy still wipes the floor with me in under a minute.
Yep I had exactly the same problem and was on maximum difficulty. In the end I had to yield by lowering the dfficiutly for this boss.
kosch is offline   Reply With Quote