bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

View Poll Results: What paint color for Grafik Card?
Natural aluminium 6 23.08%
Black 13 50.00%
White 7 26.92%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22nd Sep 2011, 18:51   #1
Canardwc
Gentel-Mod'R

Canardwc has yet to learn the way of the DremelCanardwc has yet to learn the way of the DremelCanardwc has yet to learn the way of the DremelCanardwc has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
CM 690 II - AluminaTwins ROG'MOD-No advertising-3rd update of the day-10.08.2012

Hi Everybody,

1 year ago, I found this website, especially, modding!! And iI was really surprised about all the hard work some people done! Amazing: works, ideas, genius, artistics, projects and more and more.

I realised one thing; i wasn't the alone geek...

So yesterday, i decided to start my project, and i hope i'll find help ideas with all of you...

Project Name is Alumination. Aluminium and illumination of this website.

Hardaware Specs:
MAXIMUS IV EXTREME Z
i7 2600k
460 gtx SLI gainward with homemade aircooling
SSD Vertex2 & 3
WD Caviar 740 Go Black
Seasonic 640W
Well....

SOme pics to begin...

Ciao

Julien

Last edited by Canardwc; 14th Aug 2012 at 03:28. Reason: Want to Punk Compete
Canardwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Sep 2011, 00:29   #2
Canardwc
Gentel-Mod'R

Canardwc has yet to learn the way of the DremelCanardwc has yet to learn the way of the DremelCanardwc has yet to learn the way of the DremelCanardwc has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hey, someone can help me to post pics please?
Rookie here like you know...
Old 23rd Sep 2011, 00:50   #3
Canardwc
Gentel-Mod'R

No more

Last edited by Canardwc; 8th Aug 2012 at 02:14.
Old 23rd Sep 2011, 02:01   #4
Canardwc
Gentel-Mod'R

No more

Old 23rd Sep 2011, 07:50   #5
sparkyboy22
Web Tinkerer

sparkyboy22 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sparkyboy22 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sparkyboy22 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sparkyboy22 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sparkyboy22 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sparkyboy22 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sparkyboy22 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sparkyboy22 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sparkyboy22 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sparkyboy22 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sparkyboy22 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Where?

Online RC Shop Search Engine
sparkyboy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Sep 2011, 10:51   #6
GuilleAcoustic
Ook ? Ook !

GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyboy22 View Post
Where?
On his profile .... Bienvenue Julien : ). J'aime beaucoup ton concept, hâte de voir le résultat

i5 4570 - Asus Z87 Gryphon + Thermal Armor - 8GB - Sandisk Extreme II 240GB - EVGA GTX770 - PC-V353A
GuilleAcoustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Sep 2011, 17:12   #7
DeltaFX
Multimodder

DeltaFX has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Coin !
DeltaFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Sep 2011, 18:01   #8
jeckulz
Supermodder

jeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youjeckulz - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuilleAcoustic View Post
On his profile
Why?
That's not normal behavior
jeckulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Sep 2011, 18:13   #9
L1U
Multimodder

L1U has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
seems like a nice idea, the airflow trough the graphic cards side of the case should be pretty good

I'll follow that

by the way, you better post your pictures here, I don't know how many will go to your profile to see them
L1U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Sep 2011, 18:20   #10
adamix
Minimodder

adamix has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
nice 3D drawings
adamix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Sep 2011, 19:34   #11
Vetalar
*learning english*

Vetalar has yet to learn the way of the DremelVetalar has yet to learn the way of the DremelVetalar has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by L1U View Post
I don't know how many will go to your profile to see them
+100! 5 times reload page to see pics
Vetalar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Sep 2011, 20:48   #12
Canardwc
Gentel-Mod'R

I tried to join pictures on the thread; 2 solutions:

- I'm waiting for the moderator.
- Or i really don't know how do it!

If you got the answer, tell..

Cheers
Old 24th Sep 2011, 20:17   #13
Canardwc
Gentel-Mod'R

[

Old 24th Sep 2011, 20:35   #14
Canardwc
Gentel-Mod'R

[

Last edited by Canardwc; 8th Aug 2012 at 02:15. Reason: One have to desapear
Old 27th Sep 2011, 10:59   #15
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canardwc View Post
I tried to join pictures on the thread; 2 solutions:

- I'm waiting for the moderator.
Correct! Sorry, we've been a little slow the past few days.
Old 27th Sep 2011, 11:26   #16
Jipa
Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Jipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run Crysis
Liking the design, but why on earth are you making the case so deep?

Also brotip: for the love of all things holy, cute or righteous in any way, shape or form; do not take photos of your screen, use the export-feature in SketchUp (File -> Export -> 2D Graphic...) Better quality and less work.
Old 27th Sep 2011, 12:14   #17
Fuganater
Supermodder

Fuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jipa View Post
for the love of all things holy, cute or righteous in any way, shape or form; do not take photos of your screen
I LOL'd at that!

Very unique design. Can't wait to see how it comes out.
Old 27th Sep 2011, 13:25   #18
JA12
Minimodder

JA12 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
That deep groove in the middle will be a nice dust trap, so if it's pointing upwards, remember to swipe to the side where the fans are blowing air out when you clean it
I do like how it makes the case less box shaped.

The case also seems to have space for a water cooling setup... I can't tell from the pictures alone but would it be better to have less unnecessary space if you only do AC? I mean, less space for heat get trapped in to -> less need to force air through -> less noise.

I agree with Jipa. Even if you can't export image from the program itself, you can capture what's on the screen with print screen. Although, you're using Windows and AFAIK it still requires extra steps to get your screenshot saved to a file.
JA12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Sep 2011, 14:29   #19
Vetalar
*learning english*

Vetalar has yet to learn the way of the DremelVetalar has yet to learn the way of the DremelVetalar has yet to learn the way of the Dremel

file>export>2d graphix...

nice idea BTW with separating CPU and GPU airflows. IMHO placing PSU under MOBO wastes a lot of space.
Vetalar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Sep 2011, 16:56   #20
Canardwc
Gentel-Mod'R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetalar View Post

file>export>2d graphix...

nice idea BTW with separating CPU and GPU airflows. IMHO placing PSU under MOBO wastes a lot of space.
Thanks Vetalar for the tip... i'll try later your manipulation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JA12 View Post
That deep groove in the middle will be a nice dust trap, so if it's pointing upwards, remember to swipe to the side where the fans are blowing air out when you clean it
I do like how it makes the case less box shaped.

The case also seems to have space for a water cooling setup... I can't tell from the pictures alone but would it be better to have less unnecessary space if you only do AC? I mean, less space for heat get trapped in to -> less need to force air through -> less noise.

I agree with Jipa. Even if you can't export image from the program itself, you can capture what's on the screen with print screen. Although, you're using Windows and AFAIK it still requires extra steps to get your screenshot saved to a file.
Hi,

I know that groove will be a beautiful nest of dust.. It's not the important thing about that, it's the thermic properties: metal, air, metal. It's just a kind of air sandwish.

Concerning the volume specifications, i done them to keep a certain harmony.. But i'll keep in mind your observation.

Thanks everybody for for your interest...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krikkit View Post
Correct! Sorry, we've been a little slow the past few days.
Not so bad... Thanks MODERATOR!!!

So, i think i've done the 3d first conception, and it's reveling lot of stuffs i did not concidered.

1st. on 460 gtx gainward's cards, the 2 x 6pin alimentations or not on the bottom of the graphic cards, but on their side.

2nd. i don't know where i can find a motherbord and pci tray. If someone knows, he/she'll be welcome!!!

3rd. i'm really not glad about the design of my air holes on the front and the back case... I'm looking for fresc, chic and stylised ideas..

Last edited by Krikkit; 28th Sep 2011 at 09:49. Reason: Merged multi-post.

Tags
aluminium

View Mode