bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

View Poll Results: What paint color for Grafik Card?
Natural aluminium 6 23.08%
Black 13 50.00%
White 7 26.92%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 28th Sep 2011, 00:06   #21
alpaca
llama eats dremel

alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
nice idea, but wouldn't you try to make the vents a bit more mhh... creative?

And if you are going to make your case that deep, maybe you could think of placing your motherboard a tad deeper in the case, so the connectors (mouse, keyboard, screen etc) don't stick out but form more a unit with the rest of the case.

and a psu doesn't really run that hot, and with the airflow you're going to get, it is not really a problem to put it in one of the ducts in line with the motherboard.
Old 28th Sep 2011, 00:18   #22
Canardwc
Gentel-Mod'R

Canardwc has yet to learn the way of the DremelCanardwc has yet to learn the way of the DremelCanardwc has yet to learn the way of the DremelCanardwc has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpaca View Post
nice idea, but wouldn't you try to make the vents a bit more mhh... creative?

And if you are going to make your case that deep, maybe you could think of placing your motherboard a tad deeper in the case, so the connectors (mouse, keyboard, screen etc) don't stick out but form more a unit with the rest of the case.

and a psu doesn't really run that hot, and with the airflow you're going to get, it is not really a problem to put it in one of the ducts in line with the motherboard.
Hey,

It's funny because for the vents, you'll see my previous post where i was exactly saying that (currently moderating because i'm new here).

For the PSU, i don't really understand what you mean. I have to place the PSU in one of the two chanels?

I'm working on my 3D model, first time i use "moustard"..
Canardwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Sep 2011, 10:46   #23
Canardwc
Gentel-Mod'R

Canardwc has yet to learn the way of the DremelCanardwc has yet to learn the way of the DremelCanardwc has yet to learn the way of the DremelCanardwc has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
May I have your attention please..

I don't know where i can find a motherbord and pci tray. If someone knows, he/she'll be welcome!!!
Old 28th Sep 2011, 10:59   #24
Fuganater
Supermodder

Fuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run Crysis
http://www.mountainmods.com/mountain...tray-p-56.html
Old 28th Sep 2011, 11:34   #25
Canardwc
Gentel-Mod'R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuganater View Post
Hi,

Thanks for your help, but i live in Paris, in France and it's twice the price for sending it at home. So it's not really interesting for me..

But i keep in mind... Thxs again.

A modding retailer in europe will be better for me...

Is someone got another adress please?
Old 28th Sep 2011, 11:42   #26
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
Buy a cheap case with one and gut it? Plenty of cases with removable trays out there, you could even use the panels for modding purposes too.
Old 28th Sep 2011, 13:16   #27
alpaca
llama eats dremel

alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canardwc View Post
For the PSU, i don't really understand what you mean. I have to place the PSU in one of the two chanels?
yes, that's what i would propose. the downside is that your components get slightly warmed up air, but as the psu is not as big as the channel, enough fresh air will be flowing through too, so i don't think the temps will suffer a lot. or you can switch the direction of the airflow. And that will make your computer thinner.

with the airflow going in two directions. (didn't took the time to make rounded corners)

oh, and another suggestion: why not make the two sides longer, so the case stands on them, with a gap underneath? (demonstrated by my totally clear ascii drawing of the front here)
Code:
___ |---|
|  ||   |
|-------|  <- longer side, going lower than the floor of the case, making 'feet' (same on other side)
    ^
  gap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krikkit View Post
Buy a cheap case with one and gut it? Plenty of cases with removable trays out there, you could even use the panels for modding purposes too.
The whole case will cost you less than the panel alone...
Old 28th Sep 2011, 16:12   #28
Mosquito
Hypermodder

Mosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krikkit View Post
I would agree with that, you may even be able to just get a free throw away from someone...
Mosquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Sep 2011, 17:24   #29
Canardwc
Gentel-Mod'R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosquito View Post
I would agree with that, you may even be able to just get a free throw away from someone...
Someone was listening to you, because i found on old server in the street when i came bach home from work...

Build will bigin really soon...
Old 28th Sep 2011, 18:12   #30
Mosquito
Hypermodder

Mosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run Crysis
Quote:
Someone was listening to you, because i found on old server in the street when i came bach home from work...

Build will bigin really soon...
Perfect!
Mosquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Sep 2011, 18:42   #31
GuilleAcoustic
Ook ? Ook !

GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Hi,

Thanks for your help, but i live in Paris, in France and it's twice the price for sending it at home. So it's not really interesting for me..

But i keep in mind... Thxs again.

A modding retailer in europe will be better for me...

Is someone got another adress please?
I'm pretty sure I saw a MM or at least a BIG SQUARE box in the french website. Je vais tācher de retrouver oł

Design thread : /* coming back soon */
Coding thread : /* coming soon */
Audio thread : /* coming soon */
GuilleAcoustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Sep 2011, 20:18   #32
Canardwc
Gentel-Mod'R

So like a told you, i found an old Power EDGE 830 and all its surprises... Have a look...

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

And that amazing fan!!! Perfect for 460 gtx air cooling... NO? 150CFM

[IMG][/IMG]

Just a question about the dabgerous fan. I know it's a 4 pins PWM, but when I pluged it on a 12V DC, it never rotated to its maximum air flow, it was cyclic and up progressively. How can i "squiz" / "zap" turn off the PWM to obtain the maximum of this alectronic animal???

I forgot to say you one information... It's a Delta fan 140mm

Last edited by Canardwc; 28th Sep 2011 at 20:21. Reason: Missing information
Old 29th Sep 2011, 00:42   #33
Canardwc
Gentel-Mod'R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetalar View Post

file>export>2d graphix...

nice idea BTW with separating CPU and GPU airflows. IMHO placing PSU under MOBO wastes a lot of space.
Hi,

Thanks for your help, and now, pictures like you deserve

GOOD QUALITY AND PROPORTIONS

Last edited by Canardwc; 8th Aug 2012 at 01:15.
Old 29th Sep 2011, 00:47   #34
The_Beast
I like wood ಠ_ಠ

The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!The_Beast - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
How are you going to bend that deep of a grove?

You can design anything but making it is a whole nother story.
- i7 3770k - MSI Z77A-GD65 - EVGA GTX 570 - 8Gb G.Skill Sniper (1.25v) - Fractal R3 Black - Corsair H50 - Corsair 750HX - Samsung 830 128Gb SSD - 6 Samsung F4EG 2TB - 2 WD Black 1TB - 2 WD Black 750GB - Dell UltraSharp U2410 - WASD V1 Custom - IBM Model M SSK - KBC Poker (Ergo-Clears) - Logitech Mx518 & G500 - Audio Technica AD700 - Logitech Z4 - Windows 7 Pro -
The_Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Sep 2011, 00:52   #35
Canardwc
Gentel-Mod'R

To realise this case, I'll project to bigin this build by the horizontal metal plate (separation between the top and the low of the case) supporting MOBO/PCI tray.

After I'll construct all around this base. Like that, i think i will not do mistakes about size, places of elements etc...

What do you think about this method?
Old 29th Sep 2011, 00:58   #36
Canardwc
Gentel-Mod'R

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Beast View Post
How are you going to bend that deep of a grove?

You can design anything but making it is a whole nother story.
In fact i think about making this groove from the biginning. That was my black point. And i realised this groove have te be the starting point to shape the case.

I'll do a matrix a half metalic tube glued on wood.
Old 29th Sep 2011, 01:21   #37
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
To realise this case, I'll project to bigin this build by the horizontal metal plate (separation between the top and the low of the case) supporting MOBO/PCI tray.

After I'll construct all around this base. Like that, i think i will not do mistakes about size, places of elements etc...

What do you think about this method?
Sounds like a good approach , tough design to pull off but I'd like to see you do so Canardwc .

Just thinking though it could be a nightmare for maintenance but I'll assume you have that covered by making the top piece easily removable, yeah it's doable so go for it mate, it's an ambitious design & a workable one, not easy but you learn more with a tough design .
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Sep 2011, 02:05   #38
Canardwc
Gentel-Mod'R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
Sounds like a good approach , tough design to pull off but I'd like to see you do so Canardwc .

Just thinking though it could be a nightmare for maintenance but I'll assume you have that covered by making the top piece easily removable, yeah it's doable so go for it mate, it's an ambitious design & a workable one, not easy but you learn more with a tough design .
All are not an my 3d, but the case will be easy openable..

Anyway, you've done an amazing prject! Congrats!
Old 29th Sep 2011, 08:32   #39
GuilleAcoustic
Ook ? Ook !

GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
In fact i think about making this groove from the biginning. That was my black point. And i realised this groove have te be the starting point to shape the case.

I'll do a matrix a half metalic tube glued on wood.
I was about to suggest that . I think a wood panel with a rounded chamfer would do the job.

Design thread : /* coming back soon */
Coding thread : /* coming soon */
Audio thread : /* coming soon */
GuilleAcoustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Sep 2011, 16:08   #40
Canardwc
Gentel-Mod'R

And that amazing fan!!! Perfect for 460 gtx air cooling... NO? 150CFM
[IMG][/IMG]

Just a question about the dabgerous fan. I know it's a 4 pins PWM, but when I pluged it on a 12V DC, it never rotated to its maximum air flow, it was cyclic and up progressively. How can i "squiz" / "zap" turn off the PWM to obtain the maximum of this alectronic animal???

I forgot to say you one information... It's a Delta fan 140mm[/QUOTE]

Tags
aluminium

View Mode