bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 27th Sep 2011, 11:47   #1
arcticstoat
Who is the Milkman?

arcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysis
Battlefield 3 beta opens

The beta for the much-awaited Battlefield 3 has opened to Origin pre-order customers.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...3-beta-opens/1
Old 27th Sep 2011, 12:03   #2
mmorgue
Supermodder

mmorgue has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I've got the limited edition pre-ordered from EA, which shows up on the Origin app.. And "midday today" -- is that GMT or Yankee time?
mmorgue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Sep 2011, 12:03   #3
Centy-face
Caw?

Centy-face has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Yeah EA support is barely working right now and despite preordering MoH I don;t see any way of installing the beta
Centy-face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Sep 2011, 12:04   #4
Stickeh
Help me , Help you.

Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Waiting for thursday.
Ea will get no money from me while they monopolise their digital downloads through one service at a price that is more expensive than the physical copy. (that and i had a 15 amazon voucher xD)

Will be interesting to see how Origin handles the mass download as I guess there was no pre-loading and unlocking like steam does? I imagine there won't even be one for launch day either...which will suck and be akin to the steam days of old - loads of people whining about low bandwidth speeds on release day!
Old 27th Sep 2011, 12:05   #5
RichCreedy
Hey What Who

RichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming SaiyanRichCreedy is a Super Spamming Saiyan
waiting for my key
Old 27th Sep 2011, 12:10   #6
mmorgue
Supermodder

mmorgue has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
i am imaginging some pretty nasty server speeds - much like HL2 via steam all those years ago.. And I'm sitting on a Virgin 100mb line.. Sigh...
mmorgue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Sep 2011, 12:10   #7
Baz
I work for Corsair

Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I think everyone's still waiting for their key. We've certainly not had ours in the office!
Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Sep 2011, 12:14   #8
oatey4519
can't be arsed...

oatey4519 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
is available via other download services
Direct Drive have it......

waiting for my MoH Bf3 key.....
and i had the alpha as well

GMT is UK GMT
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz EK HF Nickel Blocked - 8GB Corsair Vengeance RED - EVGA Z77 FTW - 120GB Corsair Force GT - 1TB Samsung F1 - 1TB Samsung F3 - EVGA GTX 660 FTW Sig2 3GB - EVGA GTX 470 x 2 - Coolermaster Silent Pro M1000 W - Corsair 800D - Dell 2209W 1920 x 1080 - ASUS Xonar Dx - Sennheiser PC350 Headphones - Saitek Keyboard & Logitech G9 Mouse
oatey4519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Sep 2011, 12:15   #9
Mentai
Hypermodder

Mentai has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I am tempted by this if only to see how my system handles it, but with the Origin requirement... Meh. Might just wait for it to be on sale after I upgrade.
Mentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Sep 2011, 12:21   #10
Ripher
What's a Dremel?

Ripher has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Downloading as we speak

pretty fast download too
Ripher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Sep 2011, 12:30   #11
wastedoo
What's a Dremel?

wastedoo has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Most of my friends have recived there keys, also one of my family members got his 10 mins or so ago. Few people are maxing out connections downloading, but im still waiting for mine
wastedoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Sep 2011, 12:33   #12
damien c
Mad FPS Gamer

damien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Well I am going to decide if I buy this game based on what they have changed from the Alpha in the Beta, but if it is still the same regarding weapon's and spawn's then it won't be bought.

As for download's I have never had any issues with the download speed from Origin or EA download manager, I always get a decent speed on 50mb I got 47mb and on the 100mb that I now have I get 98mb sometimes it hit's 100mb.
With Steam I am lucky if I get 40mb regardless of which server I try to download from.

I will be checking Steam though later to see if I have my code from the MOH LE game, as I got it before the date they have said for being eligible for the early access.
damien c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Sep 2011, 12:34   #13
CrapBag
I Mod, Therefore I Own

CrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I can't even log into origin as it no longer recognises my password.

Used the password recovery system and it sends you a validation code which you are either supposed to click on the link or copy and paste, neither of which work.

Try to use their contact system and you have to log in to use it.

Awesome just freakin awesome.

Ignore, it has decided to work this morning.

Last edited by CrapBag; 27th Sep 2011 at 12:40.
CrapBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Sep 2011, 12:34   #14
Hypno
Modder

Hypno has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
If the Origin download speeds are anything like the alpha download. I can see people complaining. I know I said when downloading the alpha '200-250Kbps what the hell! how crap! Steam lets me download at 700Kbps'.
Hypno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Sep 2011, 12:37   #15
Ripher
What's a Dremel?

Ripher has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Downloading at 1.1mb/sec which is very good considering the hammering they would be getting
Ripher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Sep 2011, 12:38   #16
Hypno
Modder

Hypno has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
@damien c - I can see the point about the spawns. What problems did you have with the weapons?
Hypno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Sep 2011, 12:53   #17
GravitySmacked
Mostly Harmless

GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Will it just appear in Origin (I pre-ordered BF3) or will I get a key?

GravitySmacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Sep 2011, 12:54   #18
DriftCarl
Supermodder

DriftCarl has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
waiting for my key too, pre-orderd in like March..,

Pretty annoying that XBOX and PS3 owners are actually playing the beta now. Considering that the beta for PC was waiting for the consoles to be accepted, its a bit shocking that PC users are last to get access to the beta.
Yet more evidence that PC's are taking the back seat in the eyes of EA. Very dissapointed in both EA and DICE.
DriftCarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Sep 2011, 12:58   #19
stefan442
Supermodder

stefan442 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelstefan442 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelstefan442 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I suggest you put the link to the uncorrupted file for AMD drivers....

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3WWCL7UO
Old 27th Sep 2011, 13:00   #20
CrapBag
I Mod, Therefore I Own

CrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Where do you even download it from, our server owner has been given a spare key that hopefully I will be able to use but it doesn't even show in origins download sections.
CrapBag is offline   Reply With Quote