bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 28th Sep 2011, 00:59   #1
Canardwc
Gentel-Mod'R

Canardwc has yet to learn the way of the DremelCanardwc has yet to learn the way of the DremelCanardwc has yet to learn the way of the DremelCanardwc has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Old Navy " COMPLETED " 30th September

Hi!

I'm the author of a current scratch build called "Alumination" still in progress. In fact in hard Progress...!!

But this week end, i bigan my first makable project, with all necessaries tools and materials..

I've found 5 years ago in my father's room his old navy wallet... Aluminium wallet...

At first, i used it as a pharmacy cupboard in my WC with one shelf. It was very easy to use everyday and really improbable and funny concept.. You'll probably tell me: " why not"?

Two weeks ago, my girl freind needed a correct computer for her studies.

Then I decided to gave her my old hardware configation:
GA p35-dsr rev2.0.
e6750 overcocked at 3,6 Ghz.
8800 gts.

Pretty old for a geek isn't it? But still working like a charm...

Well, i combined the two olds stuffs PC&Navy Wallet..
Another improbable combination.. You'll probably tell me for the second time: " why not"?

So let's show you some... dust and durty work,

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Canardwc; 1st Oct 2011 at 14:44. Reason: completed
Canardwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Sep 2011, 12:03   #2
Canardwc
Gentel-Mod'R

Canardwc has yet to learn the way of the DremelCanardwc has yet to learn the way of the DremelCanardwc has yet to learn the way of the DremelCanardwc has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
So, I worked hard all night long and i waked up my neighbour at 4:00 pm... He wasn't really happy...

But This project progress by big step... Hope that continue like that...
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 28th Sep 2011, 18:39   #3
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Cool.
Nothing says 'bomb' quite like a modified metal suitcase. Be careful how you transport it.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Sep 2011, 20:23   #4
RedManc
Supermodder

RedManc has yet to learn the way of the DremelRedManc has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Looks dangerous definitely don't take it to any airports.
Old 28th Sep 2011, 22:05   #5
Canardwc
Gentel-Mod'R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
Cool.
Nothing says 'bomb' quite like a modified metal suitcase. Be careful how you transport it.
Thank you, a "cool" from you sounds great. I saw your sratch builds, you've got lots of amazing tools...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedManc View Post
Looks dangerous definitely don't take it to any airports.
So it's a good observation, because i exactly would like do it!!!

Stupid, stupid I am....

lol
Old 29th Sep 2011, 17:11   #6
Canardwc
Gentel-Mod'R

the objectif of this scratch buil is not to do a professionnal build, i want to keep the spirit of this Old Navy wallet.

It's a "Punk" project, so do not expect amazing finitions...
Old 30th Sep 2011, 01:16   #7
Canardwc
Gentel-Mod'R

I'll finish my project soon. I didn't took many pictures, because work is better than talk... and take pictures...
Old 30th Sep 2011, 13:10   #8
Canardwc
Gentel-Mod'R

Old Navy - FINISHED

Job done!!! Hihaaaaaa!!!!!

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Well, i done my first "Punk" scratch build. Use military wallet to unmilitarise it to do a common object like a personal computer...
Old 30th Sep 2011, 13:18   #9
suenstar
Collector of Things

suenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyan
The very first image reminded me of a completely torn down Coolermaster Cosmos case that a friend did.

Nice work with the mod, it turned out really well... pretty much the ultimate type of case for a LAN party.
How's the cooling and noise levels in that thing?
Old 30th Sep 2011, 13:20   #10
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
Great work, liking the scruffy exterior hiding useful interior.
Old 30th Sep 2011, 13:28   #11
Canardwc
Gentel-Mod'R

Hope you'll like my project. And Many thanks to all have seen it...

Let me knows what you think about it...

NB: That's the diagram airflow ...

I will soon start this one: http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=217260
Old 30th Sep 2011, 13:32   #12
Canardwc
Gentel-Mod'R

Quote:
Originally Posted by suenstar View Post
The very first image reminded me of a completely torn down Coolermaster Cosmos case that a friend did.

Nice work with the mod, it turned out really well... pretty much the ultimate type of case for a LAN party.
How's the cooling and noise levels in that thing?
I've just sent the diagram airflow. There is only 1PSU, 1 fan, 1 stock cpu cooler and one 8800gts. It is pretty quite exept the old Sata HDD...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krikkit View Post
Great work, liking the scruffy exterior hiding useful interior.
REally thanks, a Punk Project...

And thanks to your website, Amazing Community here!!!!
Old 1st Oct 2011, 20:15   #13
Canardwc
Gentel-Mod'R

That will be my last post on this thread.

Some good qualities pictures...

IO shield from inside:

On/OFF power button (homemade with old piece of caoutchouc):

Point of view:

Navy:

The Punk rear of the beast:
Old 1st Oct 2011, 21:01   #14
L1U
Multimodder

L1U has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
weak spot in my opinion will be definitely the CPU temp, the airflow will more likely be somethink like:

I may be wrong, but i think you better add an exhaust fan to the left of the CPU
Old 2nd Oct 2011, 18:37   #15
Canardwc
Gentel-Mod'R

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1U View Post
weak spot in my opinion will be definitely the CPU temp, the airflow will more likely be somethink like:

I may be wrong, but i think you better add an exhaust fan to the left of the CPU
Hi, your probably right for the fan on the side of the wallet but more i'll touch it, less that will looks like a wallet.

Then, after 30minutes of OCCT, the maximum temperature rise to 65C..

The CPU is O/C with stock cooler, so I think it's "normal"...

View Mode