bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 30th Sep 2011, 11:16   #1
arcticstoat
Who is the Milkman?

arcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysis
Gaming 34 - The Folly of Microtransactions

and Paul are joined by long-time freelancer, and Neptune's Pride flagellant, Craig Lager.

We start off the conversation by talking about what each of us was most excited to see at last weekend's Eurogamer Expo. Paul was predictably excited about getting his hands dirty with CS: GO for the first time, while Craig was wary of falling madly in love with Skyrim.

http://www.bit-tech.net/blog/podcast...otransactions/
Old 30th Sep 2011, 11:30   #2
b5k
Multimodder

b5k has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
DLing!

CS:GO will be interesting to watch develop. I think VALVe will have to be careful with this one. It's easy to attract the people from Source and bring them to GO (they follow the shiney shiney); but it will be interesting to see how they manage to cater to the 1.6 players as these are the guys that matter.

CSS has never been played at the "Pro" level (CGS doesn't count) and never will be, what happens to GO will be interesting. Will it go the way of 1.6 or Source? Casual vs Competitive. Or can they successfully blend the two?

Can't wait! :>
b5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Sep 2011, 12:17   #3
sotu1
Ex-Modder

sotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Played Battlefield P4F and had a k/d ratio of 11:2, no MTX. If you complain about MTX unbalancing a game it's because you're crap.
/rant over
Old 30th Sep 2011, 12:17   #4
sotu1
Ex-Modder

sotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
And I wasn't in a tank.
Old 30th Sep 2011, 12:22   #5
Zinfandel
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Zinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Can you tell Craig the link from his website thing on anotherjournalist doesn't actually link to his BT Microtransactions article?
Old 30th Sep 2011, 12:26   #6
Claave
You Rebel scum

Claave has yet to learn the way of the DremelClaave has yet to learn the way of the DremelClaave has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinfandel
Can you tell Craig the link from his website thing on anotherjournalist doesn't actually link to his BT Microtransactions article?
seems to be fixed now.

Win more things with CPC and bit-tech
Claave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Sep 2011, 12:29   #7
MrCraigL
Minimodder

MrCraigL has yet to learn the way of the DremelMrCraigL has yet to learn the way of the DremelMrCraigL has yet to learn the way of the DremelMrCraigL has yet to learn the way of the DremelMrCraigL has yet to learn the way of the DremelMrCraigL has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I just fixed it - thanks!
MrCraigL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Sep 2011, 21:56   #8
Trefarm
No matter what... It's all good

Trefarm has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Never heard of 'Elite'... really? Thanks now I feel ancient.
Old 3rd Oct 2011, 16:50   #9
PlayedStation
Possessed like an apostrophe

PlayedStation has yet to learn the way of the DremelPlayedStation has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Couldn't agree more about Just Cause 2 - such a good fun game to pick up and play. Lacks massively in storyline and what not but it doesnt matter, in fact, it doesnt even try to. Just Cause 2 + BOLO patch = hilarious pick up and playism.
PlayedStation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Oct 2011, 21:29   #10
wiggles
Multimodder

wiggles has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Whats to stop valve turning CS:GO into another soulless TF2 style game based on gimmicks, poor core mechanics and items for sale?

Valve make good single player games. L4D,another example, was good, but in many ways a waste of opportunity, the balance was poor.
wiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Oct 2011, 19:56   #11
HiMyNameIsWill
What's a Dremel?

HiMyNameIsWill has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Kingdom Hearts 2 was definitely my choice :P
And my copy of RIFT definitely appreciates my choice in favourite game ever ahahaha
HiMyNameIsWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Apr 2012, 15:43   #12
Mister_X
Chaotic Neutral

Mister_X has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I miss the podcasts... Bring em back
Mister_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Apr 2012, 16:03   #13
Shirty
Home of the Carnival Cougar

Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.Shirty is definitely a rep cheat.
Necro protest!

So do I though
Shirty is offline   Reply With Quote