bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Technology > Hardware

Old 24th Oct 2015, 18:37   #1
TheMadDutchDude
Mod Master

TheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Wireless booster or extender

Hey guys,

My sister and her husband have just moved into their new home and the walls are solid concrete. The router is in the lounge but the signal doesn't even make it half way through the house. We've tried two and they both have the same issues.

We need an extender and I was thinking of getting them one of those wall adapters with wireless on the other end. The issue is that I'd have no idea what to get.

A maximum of about 40 as it is only for wireless to their phones and the iPad.

What can be done? I'd suggest moving it but that's going to be an issue. The socket is in the lounge unfortunately.

Thanks in advanced.
ASUS Rampage IV Formula X79 | Intel Xeon E5 2670 (8C/16T) @ 3 GHz | Corsair Dominator Platinum 4x4GB @ 2133 MHz | 2x ASUS R9 290X Matrix | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe | Corsair AX1200i | Fractal R5 | Full Custom Water Cooling | Win 10 Home | Cooler Master Masterkeys Pro L
ASUS ZenBook UX305 in white | Intel Core M 5Y10c | 8GB RAM | Intel HD 5300 | IPS 13.3" 1080P | 128GB SATA 3 M.2 | Win 10 Home
TheMadDutchDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Oct 2015, 10:10   #2
dazedandconfused
generic babble ->

dazedandconfused has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldazedandconfused has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...dp_o_pC_nS_ttl

That comes in at 39.99 shop around maybe you'll find it cheaper. From personal experience I would recommend giving it a different SSID so you know which access point you're connected to. I've found my phone and tablet insist on staying connected to the same access point even when the signal is barely there, so I changed the names so I can force them to connect to the stronger signal.

A WiFi extender uses the current WiFi to work, so I find the powerline from ethernet and then "new" wireless network gives the best performance overall.

Hope this helps.
dazedandconfused is offline   Reply With Quote