bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 3rd Oct 2011, 10:44   #1
arcticstoat
Who is the Milkman?

arcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysis
Corsair Carbide Series 400R Review

The 400R is Corsair's cheapest case, but can it still tame our test kit?

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/201...-400r-review/1
Old 3rd Oct 2011, 11:10   #2
Jack_Pepsi
Clan BeeR Founder

Jack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the DremelJack_Pepsi has yet to learn the way of the Dremel

Corsair, how could you? This case is ugly.
During the rectification of the Vuldronaii the Traveler came as a large, moving Torb. Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the Meketrex supplicants they chose a new form for him—that of a giant Sloar. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day, I can tell you.
Jack_Pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Oct 2011, 11:15   #3
Zinfandel
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Zinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Pepsi View Post

Corsair, how could you? This case is ugly.
I certainly wouldn't call it ugly... It's very understated, just the way I like em.
Old 3rd Oct 2011, 11:16   #4
[ZiiP] NaloaC
I Mod, Therefore I Own

[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Case appearane is always subjective. Some find them fugly, some love them. I still cannot understand how anyone can own a HAF-X. it's down there in the stinking pile of faeces as the Antec LANboy Air.

Nice to see a solid mid-range case from Corsair. I like what they have done with their cases and several things that they did with the 800D (still beaming owner here) have cropped up in other brand' cases ever since.
Sui Generis: i7 920, Corsair H50, 6GB Dominator C7 1600, EVGA x58 SLI LE, Corsair F3 120GB SSD & Samsung EVO 250GB SSD, Samsung F3 1TB x 2, Sapphire R9 290, Corsair HX850W, Corsair Obsidian 800D, Iiyama 26" Prolite, Logitech G15, Logitech G5, Sennheiser PC350.
[ZiiP] NaloaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Oct 2011, 11:17   #5
Zinfandel
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Zinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitZinfandel is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ZiiP] NaloaC View Post
Case appearane is always subjective. Some find them fugly, some love them. I still cannot understand how anyone can own a HAF-X. it's down there in the stinking pile of faeces as the Antec LANboy Air.

Nice to see a solid mid-range case from Corsair. I like what they have done with their cases and several things that they did with the 800D (still beaming owner here) have cropped up in other brand' cases ever since.
Haf X and the LBA make me physically sick whenever I see one.
Old 3rd Oct 2011, 11:51   #6
Bleech
What's a Dremel?

Bleech has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Sorry, I just can't see past my Cooler master CM60 II.
Bleech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Oct 2011, 11:52   #7
Tangster
Butt-kicking for goodness!

Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.Tangster is definitely a rep cheat.
The main thing that'd stop me recommending this case to friends would be the lack of fan filters. Looks very nice though.
Uni Box:i7 2700K@5.3GHz|EK Supreme LT+Coolstream XT 360|16GB HyperX DDR3@1866MHz|EVGA GTX780 ti+EK FC780ti|MSI P67A-GD55||M5 512|BeQuiet Dark Power Pro 750W|U3011|Raven RV-02E|KBT Pure+Perixx MX2000 + Intuos 4M
Audio: PC->TosLink->TEAC UD-H01->Schiit Asgard-> Fostex TH600|InEar LivePro 3|Truth B2030A Monitors
BT Feedback
Tangster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Oct 2011, 12:01   #8
Lance
Ender of discussions.

Lance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinfandel
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ZiiP] NaloaC View Post

Haf X and the LBA make me physically sick whenever I see one.
I saw a few at the I-series and had to stop myself telling the owners off for being such a muppet.
Lance is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Oct 2011, 13:48   #9
bosstag
What's a Dremel?

bosstag has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
this makes me feel bad for liking the HAFX now :/
bosstag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Oct 2011, 14:25   #10
Lance
Ender of discussions.

Lance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming SaiyanLance is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bosstag View Post
this makes me feel bad for liking the HAFX now :/
Don't thats why they made so many. So that every (wierd [see what I did there]) person is satisfied
Lance is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Oct 2011, 15:30   #11
HandMadeAndroid
That's handy.

HandMadeAndroid has yet to learn the way of the DremelHandMadeAndroid has yet to learn the way of the DremelHandMadeAndroid has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I just stopped using my corsair 600t in favour of a HAF X, the cooling performance of the 600 was very poor.
i7 3770k, Asus P8Z77-I , 16gb Patriot 1866 ddr3,EVGA 670FTW, Bitfenix Prodigy,crucial M4 128ssd,western digital black 2tb storage, wacom intuos/ i7 sandy bridge kobalt 17" laptop,120ssd, 8gb crucial ram, 500gb7200 WD storage drive, nvidia 555m 3gb/64gb iPad 2
HandMadeAndroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Oct 2011, 15:40   #12
centy
DFI Nutter

centy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I like the dual 120mm intakes at the fron but is the hdd cage removable?
centy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Oct 2011, 17:58   #13
Baz
I work for Corsair

Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Baz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by centy
I like the dual 120mm intakes at the fron but is the hdd cage removable?
No
Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Oct 2011, 18:10   #14
trig
god's little mistake

trig has yet to learn the way of the Dremeltrig has yet to learn the way of the Dremeltrig has yet to learn the way of the Dremeltrig has yet to learn the way of the Dremeltrig has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
was looking for opinions on the noise...looks like i just need to pony up for the ft02
i5-760 @ a modest 4.01 w/cm v6 gt..msi p55-gd80..8 gigs 1333 mhz ripjaws..sli'd msi twin frozr III gtx 570 @ 910 core 1100 memory..rv-02 case..corsair ax750..wd black 750 gb 32mb cache..1.5 tb 32mb cache..90 gb agility III ssd boot drive...60 gb callisto deluxe..logitech gx9 mouse..samsung 2253lw..
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Oct 2011, 19:21   #15
leslie
Just me!

leslie has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleslie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I get it that looks are subjective but the top looks unfinished, the front looks like a Cooler Master you can get for half the price, and the cooling isn't all that good either (compare it to the Antec 100 which is quite a bit less).

Other than the internals, which seem decent, it seems like a half baked attempt to penetrate the lower end. Which is great, but I think they could have done better.

Itty Bitty File Server (mini-itx cube) - 8in alum/oak cube, 2TB, 25watts, 100% silent
Desktop - 2600k@4.2, Maximus IV Gene-Z/Gen3, 16gb Corsair DDR3-1600, XFX 6870 1GB, 2x Crucial 128 M4, PcP&C 750 Silencer, Fractal 1000, dual HP 25in, Das w/browns, G700
leslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Oct 2011, 19:45   #16
Bloody_Pete
Technophile(and yes, thats 724Mb/s)

Bloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming SaiyanBloody_Pete is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Is that a handle on the top?
i5 3570k @ 4.6GHz (1.28v) on custom water loop/ Watercooling how-to, Asus Maximus 5 Gene, 16GB Corsair Vengence 1600MHz (2 black, 2 red), Sapphire Radeon HD 5870, 128GB Crucial M4, 3 x Samsung F1 1TB in RAID 5, Xigmatek Elysium, Enermax Revolution 85+ 850W, Corsair K60, Corsair SP2500 speakers, Dell U2311H & Asus VK222W.
Bloody_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Oct 2011, 20:52   #17
SMIFFYDUDE
Supermodders on my D

SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ZiiP
NaloaC] I still cannot understand how anyone can own a HAF-X. it's down there in the stinking pile of faeces as the Antec LANboy Air.
Because HAF cases are excellent at cooling, quiet, and great value for money.
Cooler Master HAF 932 | ASUS Rampage II Extreme | i7 930@4.1 | Corsair H50 | 12GB OCZ PC3-12800 Gold | x2 Palit GTX 560Ti 2GB | XFX Pro 750W XXX | HP LP2475w | Speedlink Medusa NX 5.1 | CM Storm Inferno | Logitech G27 | Windows 7 Home Premium

SMIFFYDUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Oct 2011, 12:18   #18
Technobod
Finally bought a desktop :D

Technobod is definitely a rep cheat.Technobod is definitely a rep cheat.Technobod is definitely a rep cheat.Technobod is definitely a rep cheat.Technobod is definitely a rep cheat.Technobod is definitely a rep cheat.Technobod is definitely a rep cheat.Technobod is definitely a rep cheat.Technobod is definitely a rep cheat.Technobod is definitely a rep cheat.Technobod is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
There's also a single 129/140mm mount on the rear of the case
You got some mighty strange fans going on there :P

[Weihrauch HW100S .22 + HW100KT .177 + HW97K .22][Hawke Panoramas 4x-12x x3]
Technobod is offline   Reply With Quote