bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 7th Oct 2011, 11:31   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Battlefield 3 achievements unveiled

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...nts-unveiled/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Oct 2011, 12:41   #2
hrp8600
Modder

hrp8600 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Oh great the real reason to buy this game achievements lol.
achievements are a great selling point to 10 year olds but for the rest of us please......
Keep your achievments, and campain modes and give us more maps for MP
hrp8600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Oct 2011, 15:54   #3
mongpong
Modder

mongpong has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
"Roadkill (20 points): Kick the car to kill the soldiers in Uprising"

Sounds like Crysis!
mongpong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Oct 2011, 18:28   #4
Raijin
What's a Dremel?

Raijin has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrp8600
Oh great the real reason to buy this game achievements lol.
achievements are a great selling point to 10 year olds but for the rest of us please......
Keep your achievments, and campain modes and give us more maps for MP
Yeah that's why there are 40 year olds with 100k points, achievements aren't just for "10 year olds", they add fun to the game for some people. And if the campaign modes and all the other stuff that is added to games today was taken out and nothing was left except the MP, how many people would actually play? There would be no point in it.
Raijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Oct 2011, 18:38   #5
TWeaK
Supermodder

TWeaK has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
@Raijin While I agree with you that they have a place in the game, games like CSS and BF2 prove that being multiplayer-only doesn't mean you have an unpopular game.
TWeaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Oct 2011, 19:21   #6
SMIFFYDUDE
Supermodders on my D

SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.SMIFFYDUDE is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raijin View Post
And if the campaign modes and all the other stuff that is added to games today was taken out and nothing was left except the MP, how many people would actually play?
Virtually no one who is going to get BF3 is buying it for singleplayer.
Cooler Master HAF 932 | ASUS Rampage II Extreme | i7 930@4.1 | Corsair H50 | 12GB OCZ PC3-12800 Gold | x2 Palit GTX 560Ti 2GB | XFX Pro 750W XXX | HP LP2475w | Speedlink Medusa NX 5.1 | CM Storm Inferno | Logitech G27 | Windows 7 Home Premium

SMIFFYDUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Oct 2011, 00:43   #7
Digi
The not-so-funny Cockney

Digi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run CrysisDigi can't run Crysis
Agreed with Tweak. CS has survived as the most popular shooter for 12 years with nothing as much as a K/D ratio to look at. Stats are nice but achievements are of no use.

A member of a mystical group of master-gamers. Find them hiding at www.tunedgaming.co.uk
Digi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Oct 2011, 08:11   #8
joolz1
Minimodder

joolz1 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
i find Achievements boring tbh
joolz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Oct 2011, 23:36   #9
alpaca
llama eats dremel

alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I like my single-player campains. I just never feel good enough (invested enough) to be able to really beat other players. I'm forever in the middle of the score-list...
Old 10th Oct 2011, 13:30   #10
thil
Multimodder

thil has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I know when I'm having fun. I don't need to be told.
thil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Oct 2011, 15:01   #11
adzc1987
Supermodder

adzc1987 has yet to learn the way of the Dremeladzc1987 has yet to learn the way of the Dremeladzc1987 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I dont mind them, i like doing something and seeing the "Ding" when i manage it, so long as they are balanced of course.

But i dont go out my way to attempt them.

Drop me a PM if you buy an account and I can share the reward with you

Arma3 - VOLCBAT - Realism without the bollocks!
adzc1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Oct 2011, 15:14   #12
CrapBag
I Mod, Therefore I Own

CrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming SaiyanCrapBag is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Battlefield 2 is full of achievements, they are called badges, ribbons and medals. If you don't like achievements then don't try for them they do no harm to people who aren't interested and provide an extra level of depth for people who are interested.

I don't really see any reason to complain about their inclusion to be honest.
CrapBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Oct 2011, 15:48   #13
Necrow
Multimodder

Necrow has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
There are too many achievements in the Beta, in BF2 and BF2142 you had to do dedication rounds to get badges such as 25 knife kills etc, in BF3 Beta you just need to join a Conquest server to get a conquest badge, same for the rush. Too many if you ask me.
Necrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Oct 2011, 15:35   #14
bdhart100
What's a Dremel?

bdhart100 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
They certainly are nice for leveling - but I don't actively pursue them.... too many bullets to worry about.
bdhart100 is offline   Reply With Quote