bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

View Poll Results: What to do: Black or white tubing!?
Black! 32 43.24%
White! 39 52.70%
No idea, I hate water cooling! 3 4.05%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22nd Apr 2012, 19:59   #181
xSoMBrAx
Supermodder

xSoMBrAx has yet to learn the way of the DremelxSoMBrAx has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hello everyone!
Small update after some time in the shadows...

I've been working with very good friends (Bit-tech members!) in many different topics in regards the project...

I wanted to show you the logo that I will be using for this project for both the case and for the signature from now on:

I like it a lot because it matches perfectly with the straight lines of the Little Devil case...
Hope you guys like it!

Tomorrow I will be updating this log with some amazing stuff that was shipped to me days ago...

Still waiting!

Follow me on Facebook!
xSoMBrAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Apr 2012, 02:02   #182
xSoMBrAx
Supermodder

xSoMBrAx has yet to learn the way of the DremelxSoMBrAx has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hello again, I did a mistake with the logo and ended uploading the "old one", the final design is going to look like this:

Now I have to plan where to use it on the case... that will be a small surprise

Follow me on Facebook!
Old 23rd Apr 2012, 04:46   #183
wratterus
Minimodder

wratterus has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Awesome work, don't know how I've missed this! Sub'd.
wratterus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Apr 2012, 12:53   #184
xSoMBrAx
Supermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by wratterus View Post
Awesome work, don't know how I've missed this! Sub'd.
Thank you wratterus!
There are so manyy logs here that I find myself missing a lot of them

I have a confirmation from home that a parcel I was waiting for just arrived so hopefully I will be able to post some updates today!

Will need to take some pictures of course

Follow me on Facebook!
Old 23rd Apr 2012, 15:41   #185
xSoMBrAx
Supermodder

Teaser!

Hello everyone, I'm in a hurry right now so can't give you details, but will update post tonight and will unveil what is this thing for... meanwhile I'm going to tease you some

World premiere tonight!

Follow me on Facebook!
Old 24th Apr 2012, 02:16   #186
xSoMBrAx
Supermodder

I have a new sponsor, and it's well known by all the Bit-tech family... big thanks to E22

I really want to thank Nate for his support and superwork he is doing to help me improve my project!
Have a look at their website http://www.e22.biz/
And also become a fan at facebook so you can follow his awesome work!

We've been working together for almost a month and been planing a lot of things, but the first one is here and I think it's awesome!

My first request was to make a cooling module for the Aquaero Power Adjust 2 "rack".
As many of you already know, there is a waterblock to cooldown the Aquaero 5 but there is nothing to cool the Power Adjust 2, so I mailed Nate asking for his help.
I have to say that this cooling module is something never done before. Other people have used RAM coolers for the same purpose but this is something made by Nate from scratch that will be fixed with the Power Adjust 2 rack and work as one piece!

I have to say that he made the piece totally BLIND because he never had the Power Adjust 2 with him, just the measurements I sent and he did an excellent job with all the planification / renders / etc...

The result

The plan was to use 3 x 40mm fans to cool the Power Adjust, so I decided to use the Fractal 40mm fans because of their black and white looks!

I had to make custom length wires and solder them all together like my rad fans.

One of The Power Adjust 2 will take care of the 3 x 40mm fans increasing / decreasing speed per request!

I removed the white connector and replaced with black

Linking the fans...

And voila!

I replaced the red wire with white and I kept one of the yellow wires to keep track of the RPM

Almost there...

Now just need to connect the fans to the first Power Adjust 2!

Tomorrow will upload the final pictures with the assembly!

Follow me on Facebook!
Old 24th Apr 2012, 22:24   #187
xSoMBrAx
Supermodder

And this is the whole picture

I'm working on the connector to link Power Adjust 2 with the Aquaero 5 XT and after that I will need to make the molex connector to feed them.

Follow me on Facebook!
Old 24th Apr 2012, 23:40   #188
Nutman
Never stuck with stock@Hotmods.net

Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Excellent work - also by Nate.
Will you do something about the fan stickers?

Project: Nutman - Sponsored by: Coolerkit - Specialtech - EK Waterblocks
Nutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Apr 2012, 11:53   #189
xSoMBrAx
Supermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutman View Post
Excellent work - also by Nate.
Will you do something about the fan stickers?
I will replace them with black vinyl for sure!
I will try to finish with the connectors today (link between Aquaero and Power Adjust) and also the molex... I did a small mistake with the molex wires beeing too short, they don't reach the Aquaero 5.

Also my Aquabus connector seems too large so maybe I should cut some more and re-crimp!

Just some small details but I would like to have them perfect!

Follow me on Facebook!
Old 27th Apr 2012, 10:44   #190
xSoMBrAx
Supermodder

Update!
Some work I did during the last days

I've added the molex connector to the "powercool". I had to replace the old wires because they were too short and I didn't want to solder since I'm not going to sleeve them and I don't like the "heatshrink over the wire look" too much eheh
Still need to put 2 extra pins there and solder 2 more wires that will feed the Aquaero and the Power Adjust's (directly from the PSU)

Internals exposed, it is getting quite busy in there, still need to put two 3 pin connectors that will manage the front intake fans and the back exhaust fan aswell...

Next step is to add the temperature sensor inside the module to keep track of the temperature from the heatsink, that way I will know how good or bad my fans work!
I will do some test in different RPM to have the better temps with the less RPM

Remove the cover from the other side to check where to connect the temperature sensor.

Standard cable measures 60cm so we need to shorten that

Voila.
Just need to plug it!

To "fix" the sensor into the right spot I just used the 3 pin wiring I did long time ago because I did shorten them a lot the sensor won't move and will be always in contact with the heatsink. I think I will have a perfect reading of temperatures!

Picture with the temperature sensor connected into place.

Some detail pictures:

You can see a small "crack" on one of the fan frames. The screws I used were a bit too much for them but It's ok since I don't see any mal function of the fans or extra vibrations...

I still need to do a bit more of work to finish the Aquaero setup... finally!

Follow me on Facebook!
Old 27th Apr 2012, 14:32   #191
damien c
Mad FPS Gamer

damien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Stunning!!
damien c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Apr 2012, 15:54   #192
thegyufi
Multimodder

thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!thegyufi - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
amazing work !
thegyufi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Apr 2012, 23:33   #193
Nutman
Never stuck with stock@Hotmods.net

Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Yes, this is excellent work. However, it makes me wonder why Aqua Computer didn't think about adding thermal sensors directly to those heat sinks? The way I see it, you're "only" monitoring 1 of the heat sinks. What about the rest of them? Could have been cool having 1 fan assigned to each heat sink, so the fans would run on an individual basis.

Project: Nutman - Sponsored by: Coolerkit - Specialtech - EK Waterblocks
Nutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Apr 2012, 01:11   #194
xSoMBrAx
Supermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegyufi View Post
amazing work !
Quote:
Originally Posted by damien c View Post
Stunning!!
Thank you very much guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutman View Post
Yes, this is excellent work. However, it makes me wonder why Aqua Computer didn't think about adding thermal sensors directly to those heat sinks? The way I see it, you're "only" monitoring 1 of the heat sinks. What about the rest of them? Could have been cool having 1 fan assigned to each heat sink, so the fans would run on an individual basis.
Hello Nutman!
Aquacomputer already included temperature sensor on the PA2 electronics but I wanted to have something to compare to that's why I added the sensor directly to the heatsink.

About the fans I linked them and will be managed by one of the Power Adjust 2.
The other Power Adjust 2 will manage the front intake fans and the last one for case exhaust fan (I didn't want to plug it to the motherboard really...)

Everything else will be connected to the main Aquaero 5 XT unit. That are the 12 fans from the 3 quadruple radiators, the temperature sensors, lights and flow sensor...

I've just finished sleeving the front intake fans to the "Powercool"! Still need to work on some other small details!

Follow me on Facebook!
Old 29th Apr 2012, 10:33   #195
peteski
long live the pc

peteski has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
hat of to you mate this build is looking amazing rep to you
Old 29th Apr 2012, 21:15   #196
bulldogjeff
The modding head is firmly back on.

bulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyan
This is just to neat and tidy, looking awesome. It's going to be an epic build when it's done.
bulldogjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2012, 20:18   #197
xSoMBrAx
Supermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteski View Post
hat of to you mate this build is looking amazing rep to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogjeff View Post
This is just to neat and tidy, looking awesome. It's going to be an epic build when it's done.
Thank you so much guys, your comments help a lot

Here you have the final version of the power adjust rack and the Aquaero wiring.

You can see the 3 to 4 pin connection that links the PA2 with the Aquaero 5.
Also there is the front intake fans connector already plug but we can barely see it

Here you can see the routing of the wires coming from the lower part of the case

Here you can see the molex connector that will feed both the Aquaero 5 and Power Adjust 2 rack. I will build a connector that will come directly from the PSU to that connector and this one will be sleeved of course!

Follow me on Facebook!
Old 3rd May 2012, 23:23   #198
Editor22
E22.BIZ

Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I may be a little biased but that looks fantastic dude!
Editor22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2012, 15:00   #199
xSoMBrAx
Supermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Editor22 View Post
I may be a little biased but that looks fantastic dude!
Thank you my friend!
It was worth the effort

I've been doing some work lately... let me show you.

Let's see what's inside...
Nice we just found an ugly green led from the 80's era

That is Hulk Green

For this build I'm trying to focus in White / Black / Golden color combo, that's why I decided to use ambar led to emulate golden look

I had some pre-wired led around so I decided to use those...

New led soldered!

Finished! (by now...)

Follow me on Facebook!
Old 5th May 2012, 17:25   #200
Editor22
E22.BIZ

Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Much better
Editor22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
little devil, white build

View Mode