bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

View Poll Results: What to do: Black or white tubing!?
Black! 32 43.24%
White! 39 52.70%
No idea, I hate water cooling! 3 4.05%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22nd Mar 2012, 09:47   #141
xSoMBrAx
Supermodder

xSoMBrAx has yet to learn the way of the DremelxSoMBrAx has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I haven't tried any of the older Aquaero products before, but this are superb quality products.

I think that having the screen is a good option because I've seen people strugling with the software and having screen + buttons will let you setup the Aquaero and you will not have to worry about software / firmware issues

The jump to the new Aquaero series will let you handle more load on the channels and will let you use future products yet to be anounced that will require the new Aquaero 5.

I really want to see what Aquacomputer has to offer... their products are very good

Follow me on Facebook!
xSoMBrAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Mar 2012, 10:01   #142
damien c
Mad FPS Gamer

damien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Wow that Aquaero is nice.
damien c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Mar 2012, 11:55   #143
xSoMBrAx
Supermodder

xSoMBrAx has yet to learn the way of the DremelxSoMBrAx has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by damien c View Post
Wow that Aquaero is nice.
Yes... I really want to start to play with it!

I just updated the index of the worklog, hope that will be helpful for somebody in the future!
I'm doing some effort in keeping it up to date :P :P

Follow me on Facebook!
Old 23rd Mar 2012, 01:12   #144
KoSoVaR^
Professional Sleever & Modder

KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Thats some good and awsome techn0pr0n!
KoSoVaR^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Mar 2012, 10:43   #145
xSoMBrAx
Supermodder

Thank you KoSoVaR!

I did some work last night but it's not quite finished yet but still wanted to tease you and show the final result with the hole I made to improve the wire management.

The washer used here is from the lot that Manolo from ProSilentPC custom made for me, so all the credit goes for him!
More wires are going to go through there so it will look much better when finished

Follow me on Facebook!
Old 23rd Mar 2012, 14:29   #146
damien c
Mad FPS Gamer

damien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I like the idea of the hole for the cables to go through.

This build is going to look amazing when it's done.
Old 25th Mar 2012, 00:41   #147
KoSoVaR^

KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
why did you put such a expensive thing for cable routing xD!
It looks good but some nice U-Channel would also
Keep ut the good work!
Old 26th Mar 2012, 12:09   #148
xSoMBrAx
Supermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by damien c View Post
I like the idea of the hole for the cables to go through.

This build is going to look amazing when it's done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoSoVaR^ View Post
why did you put such a expensive thing for cable routing xD!
It looks good but some nice U-Channel would also
Keep ut the good work!

Thanks!
I do like bitspower parts a lot and I think they don't look bad!

You know that feeling after you finish something that It wasn't quite right or you couldn't do it the way you want and you just can't take it out of your mind?
Well I do, and I had to rewire the Power Adjust 2 (the molex really) because I didn't like the end result as much as I did with the small 3-pin bridge...

This was V1 of the "power-link"

I think the wires were too short and hard to pull off... also I realized that Power Adjust 2 don't require 5V so I could simplify everything even more

So, back to work!

"Power-link" V2 done!

Much better!

I also had to re-do some radiators fan because I used some isulation tape to hide some of the black wires but the sleeving was too thick that the top radiator wouldn't fit the 30mm screws

So just took the isulation off and everything was good after that!
Just some pictures I took while working on the fix...

I've planned all the wiring route for all the radiators to the Aquaero 5, just need to cut the splitter to the desired length and sleeve

Will try to update later!

Follow me on Facebook!
Old 26th Mar 2012, 16:24   #149
Nutman
Never stuck with stock@Hotmods.net

Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Mighty sexy looking power wires for those Aqua Computer PowerAdjusts!

Project: Nutman - Sponsored by: Coolerkit - Specialtech - EK Waterblocks
Nutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Mar 2012, 00:20   #150
KoSoVaR^

This looks so original !
Good work with the crimped cables!
Old 27th Mar 2012, 00:21   #151
KoSoVaR^

This looks so original !
Old 27th Mar 2012, 16:44   #152
xSoMBrAx
Supermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutman View Post
Mighty sexy looking power wires for those Aqua Computer PowerAdjusts!
Quote:
This looks so original !
Thank you guys!

I just finished with the wiring of the 12 fans coming from the radiators! (from rad to AQ5)
I took some pictures with the end steps of the work to show how I did them:

First off cutting the wires to the desired length...

Crimp the connectors!

On goes the sleeving...

Because of the diameter change between different size sleeve used I decided to use some zip ties along with heatshrink to have the best possible grip and still have some good looking results.

Bigger size sleeve was used to build up the splitter up to where all the cables were soldered together, after that just 3 wires will go to the AQ5 connector.

Sleeving "locked!"

Cable with the 3 pin connector and heathrink ready to do its job...

Done!

Final result!

There you see the 3 radiators connected to the AQ5.

Right now I'm trying to solve some problems I'm having with the Aquaero 5 beeing too sensitive that makes it impossible to use (screen or remote control).

If i remove the front plate then it's ok but as soon as I put front plate back in the AQ5 registers key presses because of the sensitivity... I will try to add some custom washers tonight and see if adding more clearance solves the issue otherwise I'm not sure what else to do...

Follow me on Facebook!
Old 27th Mar 2012, 16:55   #153
Nutman
Never stuck with stock@Hotmods.net

Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
OK solution, but you really should get that Aquaero 5 front fascia painted white.

Project: Nutman - Sponsored by: Coolerkit - Specialtech - EK Waterblocks
Nutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Mar 2012, 22:33   #154
xSoMBrAx
Supermodder

Quote:
OK solution, but you really should get that Aquaero 5 front fascia painted white.
I was thinking going full black for the front bays (Aquaero, Power Adjust, DVD and custom bracket, all matt black to give some contrast to the front)

I managed to get the Aquaero to work... also getting reading for the RPM aswell.
Problem is that Aquaero is not getting RPM reading from my 40mm fans and I was using those as test fans

Now will try to finish with wiring of sensors and I'm waiting for a custom part that will give a very nice touch... I know that teasing with words is worthless but still

Follow me on Facebook!
Old 27th Mar 2012, 23:36   #155
KoSoVaR^

Quote:
Yeah i also should have painted it white
Keep it clean and simple!
Old 28th Mar 2012, 04:15   #156
Renovatio_Design

Renovatio_Design has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I love the detail and photography! mate, keep it up the excellent work.
Renovatio_Design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Mar 2012, 10:21   #157
xSoMBrAx
Supermodder

Quote:
Yeah i also should have painted it white
Keep it clean and simple!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renovatio_Design View Post
I love the detail and photography! mate, keep it up the excellent work.
Will think about going full white in the front panel aswell as you suggest...
Thanks for the input!

I really need to buy a reflex anytime soon because I feel that not having proper lens, for macro shooting for example, make me feel sad

Follow me on Facebook!
Old 29th Mar 2012, 19:57   #158
damien c
Mad FPS Gamer

Looking really good mate.

Decided for mine to go for the Cosmos 2 Ultra link in sig.

Will be doing some work on it in a few month's if I don't swap it for something else as I am not happy about the lack of 60mm rad support in the roof.
Old 30th Mar 2012, 11:56   #159
xSoMBrAx
Supermodder

Hey Damien, thanks!
Cosmos 2 does look good but If you are sure you want to add 60mm rad go for some of the bigger guys!

Right now I'm working with the temperature sensors, I had to extend the wires so I can install them where I want!

Been doing some other testing with LEDs and some other surprises that will arrive soon!

Stay tuned

Follow me on Facebook!
Old 30th Mar 2012, 12:16   #160
damien c
Mad FPS Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSoMBrAx View Post
Hey Damien, thanks!
Cosmos 2 does look good but If you are sure you want to add 60mm rad go for some of the bigger guys!

Right now I'm working with the temperature sensors, I had to extend the wires so I can install them where I want!

Been doing some other testing with LEDs and some other surprises that will arrive soon!

Stay tuned
Thinking of getting one of those external 1080 rad's for when I eventually go sli'd GTX 680's and watercool them, either that or go for the Caselabes SHT10 case I think it is as that is massive and will support all the rad's etc I want

Looking forward to the next update though!!

Tags
little devil, white build

View Mode