bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

View Poll Results: What to do: Black or white tubing!?
Black! 32 43.24%
White! 39 52.70%
No idea, I hate water cooling! 3 4.05%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30th Mar 2012, 12:55   #161
hairyknacker
Modder

hairyknacker has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
xSoMBrAx
I have seen the issue you are having with the AQ5 pro & Xt ( I have the Pro)- it is something to do with pressure on the side brackets from the case- try losening the srew a touch and it should work
If not, try this forum http://forum.aquacomputer.de/weitere...english-forum/

HK
hairyknacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Mar 2012, 15:14   #162
xSoMBrAx
Supermodder

xSoMBrAx has yet to learn the way of the DremelxSoMBrAx has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyknacker View Post
xSoMBrAx
I have seen the issue you are having with the AQ5 pro & Xt ( I have the Pro)- it is something to do with pressure on the side brackets from the case- try losening the srew a touch and it should work
If not, try this forum http://forum.aquacomputer.de/weitere...english-forum/

HK
Thanks for the feedback
I will see if the Aquaero 5 works ok when installed inside the case. Right now, it's ok, but it still registers key presses when I touch the side brackets (with the unit outside the case).

I already posted at Aquacomputer forums and found some good advices there... hopefully everything will be fine from now on!

Follow me on Facebook!
xSoMBrAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Mar 2012, 16:31   #163
hairyknacker
Modder

hairyknacker has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I forgot to say that I got mine to work without any problems by using a single molex adaptor rather than the molex from the psu directly- it seemed to reduce the pressure on the bracket for some strange reason
hairyknacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Mar 2012, 20:07   #164
xSoMBrAx
Supermodder

xSoMBrAx has yet to learn the way of the DremelxSoMBrAx has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyknacker View Post
I forgot to say that I got mine to work without any problems by using a single molex adaptor rather than the molex from the psu directly- it seemed to reduce the pressure on the bracket for some strange reason
I'm going to make my custom single molex connection aswell so maybe that will help to remove the effect

It's a shame that Aquacomputer could not solve this after a year of the original Aquaero 5...

Follow me on Facebook!
Old 1st Apr 2012, 23:47   #165
xSoMBrAx
Supermodder

Update night!

Been sleeving the temperature sensors and did some wiring for ligthing, etc...
For the sensors I decided to use "Vanilla Sands". I really wanted to change the color so I don't get confused in the future with all the wiring following the same color pattern.. (black and white!)

Some unboxing of my sleeving!

And now the before and after pics... enjoy!

I really want to start with the system assembly to see how good or bad the sleeving color matching is!

Follow me on Facebook!
Old 2nd Apr 2012, 00:01   #166
Nutman
Never stuck with stock@Hotmods.net

Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
That Vanilla colour is neat!

Project: Nutman - Sponsored by: Coolerkit - Specialtech - EK Waterblocks
Nutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Apr 2012, 09:38   #167
damien c
Mad FPS Gamer

damien c is definitely a rep cheat.damien c is definitely a rep cheat.damien c is definitely a rep cheat.damien c is definitely a rep cheat.damien c is definitely a rep cheat.damien c is definitely a rep cheat.damien c is definitely a rep cheat.damien c is definitely a rep cheat.damien c is definitely a rep cheat.damien c is definitely a rep cheat.damien c is definitely a rep cheat.
Wow lot's of cable sleeving .

Look's really nice.

How long do you reckon it will before you are ready to do the full build?

Can't wait to see it finished
damien c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Apr 2012, 11:17   #168
xSoMBrAx
Supermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutman View Post
That Vanilla colour is neat!
I love the color aswell, I think it looks nice against the white "background".
Also It will help me to keep track of the sensors around the case. I will have to make some labels too and put them close to the connectors so I can have a better control over them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damien c View Post
Wow lot's of cable sleeving .

Look's really nice.

How long do you reckon it will before you are ready to do the full build?

Can't wait to see it finished
I just realized that I didn't post pictures of the sleeving that was beneath of what you see in the pictures lol

I'm waiting for a lot of custom parts that will let me finish up things... while I wait for those (10 days?) I'm planing the fittings I will need and how to setup the loop the "best" way.

I still need to test my pumps and radiators, CPU block, etc...

I guess that in 2 months It should be ready... maybe less? (maybe more? )

Hope that everything goes as planned

Follow me on Facebook!
Old 3rd Apr 2012, 11:07   #169
xSoMBrAx
Supermodder

* Knock Knock!! *
- Who is?
- Countserunk rivets
-

Because one is not enough... 500 will do!

Now I have my rivets, but still have to wait before I "seal" everything!
I think I might need to drill an extra hole... you will see!

Follow me on Facebook!
Old 6th Apr 2012, 00:36   #170
xSoMBrAx
Supermodder

Don't think im on vacation, I'm doing some work...
Here a little something I've been working on.. not finished yet!

Need to order some more fittings to finish the "drain line"

Follow me on Facebook!
Old 6th Apr 2012, 11:54   #171
KoSoVaR^
Professional Sleever & Modder

KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xSoMBrAx View Post
Don't think im on vacation, I'm doing some work...
Here a little something I've been working on.. not finished yet!

Need to order some more fittings to finish the "drain line"
I love those valves !
KoSoVaR^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Apr 2012, 23:51   #172
xSoMBrAx
Supermodder

Yes KoSoVaR^ the BP valves are very well built!

Yesterday I left the my drain line like this...

Needed to find the best way to connect that to the floor.
After some tests I decided to use some of my older fittings instead of ordering new ones because the end result would be the same, maybe less fittings involved but then I would never use my other fittings If I keep ordering more hehe

As posted months ago I want to change all the O-Rings to black ones...

Now all together...

And the end result would be something like this!

If you check last picture I didn't want to mess the original holes that were on the Little Devil because that is the placeholder for the PSU and I wanted to keep that...

Too late here to start drilling holes so I would finish this tomorrow and will post results again...

Follow me on Facebook!
Old 7th Apr 2012, 00:02   #173
Nutman

Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Nice - I do think you could save a fitting or 2 by turning the first 90-degree fitting towards the floor and drill the drain hole there. The fewer fittings, the neater the system. AND you take away a few potential leaks.

Old 7th Apr 2012, 00:12   #174
xSoMBrAx
Supermodder

Quote:
Nice - I do think you could save a fitting or 2 by turning the first 90-degree fitting towards the floor and drill the drain hole there. The fewer fittings, the neater the system. AND you take away a few potential leaks.
Hi Nutman!

If you check the last picture, behind the first 90ş degree fitting you will see 2 bolts, those belong to the Lian Li metal casters, and both tyres from each "row" are connected together with a metal piece, that's why I had to do that "loop"

I also plan to put more stuff down there and I needed that back space anyways...

Follow me on Facebook!
Old 7th Apr 2012, 00:28   #175
Nutman

Ok, I see. Well... mod on, brother!

Old 8th Apr 2012, 00:21   #176
xSoMBrAx
Supermodder

Quote:
Ok, I see. Well... mod on, brother!
Update!

I use this center punch to mark where to place the drill

For this task I had to call Messi. He will never let you down on a important day

I used a step drill bit.. I love it!

Trying to accomplish the perfect finish!

Time to fit the pass through...

Installed the washer made by Manolo (ProSilentPC)

Final result:

Now is 100% functional and fixed to the case

In this picture you can see that is quite straight line directly from the radiator to the bottom!

Follow me on Facebook!
Old 8th Apr 2012, 01:50   #177
Nutman

Excellent job - +1 for naming your drill Messi.

Old 8th Apr 2012, 14:10   #178
Meelobee
Hypermodder

Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Nice work so far, awesome case
Meelobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Apr 2012, 18:23   #179
dirky90
Supermodder

dirky90 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dirky90 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dirky90 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dirky90 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dirky90 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dirky90 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dirky90 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dirky90 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dirky90 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dirky90 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dirky90 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
oooh where did the bitspower valve come from???
dirky90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Apr 2012, 07:50   #180
xSoMBrAx
Supermodder

Quote:
Excellent job - +1 for naming your drill Messi.
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelobee View Post
Nice work so far, awesome case
Thank you Meelobee, I must learn your way in using fittings because I'm not quite sure how to fit them in some places...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirky90 View Post
oooh where did the bitspower valve come from???
It was released like 2 months ago
Very nice built... really solid!

Follow me on Facebook!

Tags
little devil, white build

View Mode