bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 11th Oct 2011, 07:32   #1
arcticstoat
Who is the Milkman?

arcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysis
Games I Own: Painkiller

Painkiller is a game about frenzy, about being 'in the zone' and about bunny-hopping at 100 miles an hour around gothic castles packed with skeletons and cackling witches. It's a game about violence and speed; the satisfying buzz of a well-executed headshot performed from the hip...

http://www.bit-tech.net/blog/gaming/...wn-painkiller/
Old 11th Oct 2011, 07:46   #2
GravitySmacked
Mostly Harmless

GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Loved that game; the stake gun is one of the best FPS weapons ever created.

GravitySmacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Oct 2011, 07:47   #3
von_stylon
uber micro

von_stylon has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
One of my all time fav's and battle out of hell was just as good.
von_stylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Oct 2011, 08:04   #4
Vetalar
*learning english*

Vetalar has yet to learn the way of the DremelVetalar has yet to learn the way of the DremelVetalar has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
played first time in parallel with first farcry (4 CDs for sure...) VERY different games. but both good as hell
Vetalar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Oct 2011, 08:54   #5
feathers
Banned

feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.feathers is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
The semi naked angel was hot. The game was great and the level with the monastery was breathtaking.

Analyse my wooden characterness.
feathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Oct 2011, 09:01   #6
Ayrto
Supermodder

Ayrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for presidentAyrto should be considered for president
Had it on pre order way back.

Pretty good game for its day, with a great mix of enemies and huge level bosses.

How could anyone not like a game with enemies called Sado Commandos? Kitted out in S &M gear complete with gimp masks and chokers in their mouths they dual wield submachine guns. ..So Joe tells me

joking - about him telling me, tho the Sado Commandos part is true.

Last edited by Ayrto; 11th Oct 2011 at 09:11.
Ayrto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Oct 2011, 09:05   #7
[ZiiP] NaloaC
I Mod, Therefore I Own

[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.[ZiiP] NaloaC is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Painkiller was an excellent game and the tarot cards made some of the challenges that bit more worthwhile. Killing the hammer weilding daemon in less than 90 seconds was impossible without one or two of them. Loved it, might re-install it actually.
Sui Generis: i7 920, Corsair H50, 6GB Dominator C7 1600, EVGA x58 SLI LE, Corsair F3 120GB SSD & Samsung EVO 250GB SSD, Samsung F3 1TB x 2, Sapphire R9 290, Corsair HX850W, Corsair Obsidian 800D, Iiyama 26" Prolite, Logitech G15, Logitech G5, Sennheiser PC350.
[ZiiP] NaloaC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Oct 2011, 09:08   #8
Parge
ITX FTW

Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.Parge is definitely a rep cheat.
I just picked it up in the Steam sale! It still makes me panic!

Parvum ITX - 3570k - GTX 770 - Asus P8Z77-I ITX - 8GB Tactical Tracer - 256GB SSD - 480GB SSD - H80
Parge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Oct 2011, 09:43   #9
Tsung
Multimodder

Tsung has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
"They don't make FPS's like this anymore."

I feel the action FPS (Quake 3, Painkiller, UT ) are all but dead, with the preference for realism / achievements / unlocking guns / 1 shot kills / "hardcode modes" / Vehicles / camping / over long cut scenes..

Stick me in an arena, spawn a load of weapons, give us a load of players and lets fight.
Tsung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Oct 2011, 09:44   #10
phinix
Say it! Who's your dremel?!

phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.phinix is definitely a rep cheat.
Good old Polish game
star citizen :::
ARBITER: Origin Jumpworks 325A LTI
phinix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Oct 2011, 09:55   #11
K404
It IS cold and it IS fast

K404 can run CrysisK404 can run CrysisK404 can run CrysisK404 can run CrysisK404 can run CrysisK404 can run CrysisK404 can run CrysisK404 can run CrysisK404 can run CrysisK404 can run Crysis
I hated Painkiller. No plot + samey.

Didn't finish it.
K404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Oct 2011, 10:05   #12
Kúsař
regular bit-tech reader

Kúsař has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Just for fun - if you finish the game on the hardest difficulty you'll see the "true" ending.
Kúsař is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Oct 2011, 10:07   #13
veato
I should be working

veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.veato is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
My brother got it free with a GFX card way back when. I played it and found it a little bit boring to be honest.
Old 11th Oct 2011, 10:07   #14
Pete J
The upgrade bug biteth...

Pete J is definitely a rep cheat.Pete J is definitely a rep cheat.Pete J is definitely a rep cheat.Pete J is definitely a rep cheat.Pete J is definitely a rep cheat.Pete J is definitely a rep cheat.Pete J is definitely a rep cheat.Pete J is definitely a rep cheat.Pete J is definitely a rep cheat.Pete J is definitely a rep cheat.Pete J is definitely a rep cheat.
Painkiller is awesome. End of.
Lian Li PC-P80B / EVGA X79 Dark / i7 4930K @ 4.2GHz (no HT) / Corsair H80i / 4x4GB Avexir Core Blue Series @ 2400MHz 10-12-12-31-2T / 3x SLI EVGA 3GB GTX 780 @1075MHz Core 7000MHz Memory / X-Fi Titanium Professional / 2 x 250GB Samsung 840 / 120GB Vertex 2 / 480GB Vertex 2 / 2TB WD Caviar Green / Silverstone Strider 1500W / Asus PQ321QE / Dell 3007WFP-HC / Headphones TBA / Logitech MK710 and MX3200 / Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 / Datacolor Spyder3 / Win 7 Ultimate x64 / Gigabyte P34G V2
Pete J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Oct 2011, 10:34   #15
Paulg1971
Multimodder

Paulg1971 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Might have a blast at it this weekend(if my wife give me a spare half hour,bloody DIY
Paulg1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Oct 2011, 10:41   #16
kenco_uk
I unsuccessfully then tried again

kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.
I never got round to playing this. I played the demo and thought it was pretty damn good fun. I think the more recent example of this type of game is Bulletstorm, which tbh was a good blast from start to finish - some of the set pieces were amazing.
Old 11th Oct 2011, 11:00   #17
Bauul
Sir Bongaminge

Bauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run CrysisBauul can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenco_uk
I think the more recent example of this type of game is Bulletstorm, which tbh was a good blast from start to finish - some of the set pieces were amazing.
Unsurprising given they were both made by People Can Fly!

Great little game, I even enjoyed the story. Although the penultimate boss bugged out on me and I missed four fiths of the battle. Didn't realise until months later replaying it.

It also wins the award for "best depiction of Hell" in the final level.
Bauul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Oct 2011, 11:19   #18
LennyRhys
Air Cooled

LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsung View Post
"They don't make FPS's like this anymore."

I feel the action FPS (Quake 3, Painkiller, UT ) are all but dead, with the preference for realism / achievements / unlocking guns / 1 shot kills / "hardcode modes" / Vehicles / camping / over long cut scenes..

Stick me in an arena, spawn a load of weapons, give us a load of players and lets fight.
This is precisely why I like HL2DM so much - one arena, some players, and fight.

I'm going to give the Painkiller SP demo a bash.
Phun: E8200 @ 4 :: Asus P5Q-E :: 2GB Cellshock :: X1950XT 256 :: CWT 400W
LennyRhys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Oct 2011, 11:39   #19
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
[QUOTE=Bauul]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenco_uk
It also wins the award for "best depiction of Hell" in the final level.
So bloody clever.
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Oct 2011, 12:03   #20
steveo_mcg
I Mod, Therefore I Own

steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LennyRhys View Post
This is precisely why I like HL2DM so much - one arena, some players, and fight.

I'm going to give the Painkiller SP demo a bash.
True but in HL2DM you can chuck a toilet at your mate which elevates it beyond simple arena DM's!