bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 14th Oct 2011, 13:29   #21
Hannes
Design | Art | Performance

Hannes has yet to learn the way of the DremelHannes has yet to learn the way of the DremelHannes has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Om nom nom!
Hannes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Oct 2011, 15:53   #22
Reiep
Minimodder

Reiep has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Beautiful, as always !

Very nice studio too !
Reiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Oct 2011, 17:26   #23
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Only just seen this, quickly got this to a good looking state & more to come mini Attila awesomeness . rep & stars
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Oct 2011, 19:19   #24
quizz_kid
Squid

quizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Attila+htpc+wood=

Follow me on: http://www.facebook.com/enannanvision
quizz_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Oct 2011, 01:49   #25
aupablito
What's a Dremel?

aupablito has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Attila,

Truely inspirational, very few people would take a break from a mod with a mod.

You have the eyes and the hands of a master, and this is another oldnewby masterpiece.
aupablito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Oct 2011, 09:26   #26
Attila
still thinking....

Attila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yemerich View Post
Heya Attila, great work as always!
Nice to see you again in a project, better yet in a HTPC.
I was wondering, isn't this a good time to update your guides at your personal home page? I am sure that people here would love to see that happening!

Pleaaaaaaase?

BTW, I saw ARRAKIS, the I was mentally saying:
"Planet Arrakis, land of sand. Home of the SPICE..."

I didn't know that there was another meaning for "Arrakis"...

Cheers mate!
Thanks Yemerich. Yeah I know I've been lazy in regards to the guides. As soon as I can find some spare time I'll add to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannes View Post
Om nom nom!
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiep View Post
Beautiful, as always !

Very nice studio too !
Thank you. Well the studio Was nice....35 years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
Only just seen this, quickly got this to a good looking state & more to come mini Attila awesomeness . rep & stars
Quote:
Originally Posted by quizz_kid View Post
Attila+htpc+wood=
Thanks Wayne and quizz kid.

Started mounting components to the underside of the chassis. The TV card was simply screwed into position on the side of the chassis and a small plex block was made to secure the open end that usually fits into a slot in the motherboard tray.
For the hard drive, a plex mounting was made to secure the drive in two places to the chassis.

Then the OD was put into place to see how much room was left.

And another 15mm can be shaved off the height.

So the sides are trimmed down.

And some braces fitted to the sides.

And another to the lower rear.

Here the OD needs to be mounted in a way that lets it sit inside the chassis for fitting to the shell. And then it needs to be able to be lined up nicely with the front/top panel.

Because this part is small and does not need to handle a lot of load, it will be made from 1.6mm sheet.

So some slots need to be made for this part to be adjustable.

A few 2.5mm holes are drilled and the rest of the slot made with a hacksaw blade and files.

A couple of holes are drilled/tapped into the side braces for fixing and adjusting.

And now, after the OD is fixed to the mounting plate, it will be able to slide in and out.

And looks as if bracing for this part won't be necessary. (at this scale 1.6mm is really thick and strong. ).

Old 18th Oct 2011, 09:38   #27
GuilleAcoustic
Ook ? Ook !

GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.GuilleAcoustic is definitely a rep cheat.
OMG, that's brilliant mate ! Each update is a real pleasure to read. I'm looking at how you build this thing since I'm going to build one soon (but more elec/dev lab oriented). Very interesting.

Keep up the good job

Design thread : /* coming back soon */
Coding thread : /* coming soon */
Audio thread : /* coming soon */
GuilleAcoustic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Oct 2011, 10:18   #28
asura
jack of all trades

asura is definitely a rep cheat.asura is definitely a rep cheat.asura is definitely a rep cheat.asura is definitely a rep cheat.asura is definitely a rep cheat.asura is definitely a rep cheat.asura is definitely a rep cheat.asura is definitely a rep cheat.asura is definitely a rep cheat.asura is definitely a rep cheat.asura is definitely a rep cheat.
PTFE tape as rails for smoother sliding?
asura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Oct 2011, 12:44   #29
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
I keep trying to think of my own version for nice strength supports than the ones you been adding lately in your projects & nothing better comes to mind without getting unpractical so you lead the way & I'll adopt the technique for future projects where extra support is needed, it's a simple & great use of materials & works & looks good .

Anyhow loving this & very nice work on the slots on how you did them .
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Oct 2011, 14:26   #30
craig - toyoracer
Supermodder

craig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysis
Very compact and neat, just enough room for cables.
I like the TV card support and HDD under plexi shot is beautiful.

Great work overall
Old 18th Oct 2011, 14:54   #31
Razer2007
Building Proxima

Razer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Wow looks really good as always. Looks like you don't need to use thick material to make things look good.
------------------------------------------------------
Razer2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Oct 2011, 13:05   #32
enterobsidian
Hopless World Wonderer

enterobsidian can run Crysisenterobsidian can run Crysisenterobsidian can run Crysisenterobsidian can run Crysisenterobsidian can run Crysisenterobsidian can run Crysisenterobsidian can run Crysisenterobsidian can run Crysisenterobsidian can run Crysisenterobsidian can run Crysisenterobsidian can run Crysis
Nice work! I'll be watching this one closely, as I may be doing something similar with a mini ITX in the near future.

Cheers
enterobsidian

Searching Distant Seas
enterobsidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Nov 2011, 17:41   #33
Big_malc
Ultramodder

Big_malc is definitely a rep cheat.Big_malc is definitely a rep cheat.Big_malc is definitely a rep cheat.Big_malc is definitely a rep cheat.Big_malc is definitely a rep cheat.Big_malc is definitely a rep cheat.Big_malc is definitely a rep cheat.Big_malc is definitely a rep cheat.Big_malc is definitely a rep cheat.Big_malc is definitely a rep cheat.Big_malc is definitely a rep cheat.
We need updates on this beautiful little box
Big_malc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Nov 2011, 04:18   #34
Attila
still thinking....

Attila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for president
Thanks and sorry for the lack of progress but this year has been very bad, health-wise. Just when I feel terrific and get stuck back into life, I get knocked off my feet again.
But I'm feeling optimistic and should have an update soon.
Old 3rd Nov 2011, 05:03   #35
craig - toyoracer
Supermodder

craig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysis
Best wishes, keep positive and you will be back playing with us soon.
Old 3rd Nov 2011, 06:16   #36
dark_avenger
Raspberry Pi owner

dark_avenger can run Crysisdark_avenger can run Crysisdark_avenger can run Crysisdark_avenger can run Crysisdark_avenger can run Crysisdark_avenger can run Crysisdark_avenger can run Crysisdark_avenger can run Crysisdark_avenger can run Crysis
Quote:
At the start of the year I played around with this board for a while to see if it could actually run 'fanless'. Just performing minor tasks took the temp up to 86 degrees and just resting a fan on the heatsink dropped this temp dramatically to usable levels. So I've decided to run a fan on this even though this kills my ambitions of a totally silent machine. I'm thinking I can play with the fan speed once the build is complete and with a shell, intake grille and filter, this should dampen the db's still further. I'm actually hoping it will be very close to silent.
I'd be inclined to swap that HDD for an SSD if one of your main goals is silence.

Awesome build thu, keep up the good work
dark_avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Nov 2011, 07:44   #37
Pliqu3011
Zero Hoots Given

Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.Pliqu3011 is definitely a rep cheat.
Looking forward to the next update!
Sub'd!
Old 3rd Nov 2011, 08:44   #38
StonieX
Multimodder

StonieX has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
another masterpiece from the master himself
StonieX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Nov 2011, 09:54   #39
yassarikhan786
Ultramodder(Not)

yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Don't worry about updating us. Your health is more important . Get well soon .
|| Motherboard: Asus P8P67 Pro (B3) || CPU: i7 2600k || Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 580 Super OC || Memory: Mushkin Blackline 8GB || SSD: Corsair Force 3 120GB || HDD: WD Caviar Black 2TB || CPU Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 || Power Supply: BeQuiet Dark Power Pro P9 750W || Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D || Monitor(s): Dell U2410 + HP w1907v || Keyboard: Logitech G510 || Mouse: Razer DeathAdder
yassarikhan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Nov 2011, 10:08   #40
stonedsurd
Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Dammit, I thought we'd had an update :/

View Mode