bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 3rd Nov 2011, 11:12   #41
Sarakon
The German

Sarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Very Nice little build
Old 3rd Nov 2011, 11:49   #42
RedManc
Supermodder

RedManc has yet to learn the way of the DremelRedManc has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Indeed, health updates before Arrakis updates!

Looks great btw!
Old 3rd Nov 2011, 18:21   #43
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
Ah, crud.
Get well soon. Health is more important than this stuff.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Nov 2011, 19:16   #44
Gentleman_Dingo
Supermodder

Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.Gentleman_Dingo is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila View Post
Thanks and sorry for the lack of progress but this year has been very bad, health-wise. Just when I feel terrific and get stuck back into life, I get knocked off my feet again.
But I'm feeling optimistic and should have an update soon.
Get better sir. While I'm sure I've seen more than 3 modding miracle in your worklogs, I don't think any of us are ready to submit you as the patron saint of modding yet.

Last edited by Gentleman_Dingo; 3rd Nov 2011 at 22:16.
Gentleman_Dingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Nov 2011, 21:32   #45
AnG3L
Ultimate Modder

AnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run CrysisAnG3L can run Crysis
Health is more important as Cheaps said buddy. Get up on your feet and we will be here for you and your creations.
AnG3L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Nov 2011, 23:13   #46
Dragonphreak
Multimodder

Dragonphreak has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Take care of your self first, then more updates.
Dragonphreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Nov 2011, 19:08   #47
Canardwc
Gentel-Mod'R

Canardwc has yet to learn the way of the DremelCanardwc has yet to learn the way of the DremelCanardwc has yet to learn the way of the DremelCanardwc has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Nice project!!
Canardwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Nov 2011, 15:36   #48
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Just seen your comment, hope you get well soon mate & I love how you helped change the way I think about creating, used to be a roof on what I thought I could aim for & the roof blew off a while ago yes you are a massive inspiration to other creators, even just a small htpc like this is crammed full of awesomeness & perfection .
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Nov 2011, 16:45   #49
bulldogjeff
The modding head is firmly back on.

bulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedManc View Post
Indeed, health updates before Arrakis updates!

Looks great btw!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
Ah, crud.
Get well soon. Health is more important than this stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyfun View Post
Get better sir. While I'm sure I've seen more than 3 modding miracle in your worklogs, I don't think any of us are ready to submit you as the patron saint of modding yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnG3L View Post
Health is more important as Cheaps said buddy. Get up on your feet and we will be here for you and your creations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonphreak View Post
Take care of your self first, then more updates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
Just seen your comment, hope you get well soon mate & I love how you helped change the way I think about creating, used to be a roof on what I thought I could aim for & the roof blew off a while ago yes you are a massive inspiration to other creators, even just a small htpc like this is crammed full of awesomeness & perfection .
I have to agree with all of this, get yourself right 1st...anyway we'll all still be here when you get back...
bulldogjeff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Nov 2011, 11:49   #50
Monty
What's a Dremel?

Monty has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It's looking awesome Attila! But, as others have said, health before modding.

Are you going to add an IR remote control to this setup? (Does the TV card come with one?)
(This is quite a useful addition if you want a remote control)
Monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Nov 2011, 12:48   #51
Nitrixflare
Building and engineering enthusiast

Nitrixflare has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
wow amazing work again! Awesome!
Nitrixflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Nov 2011, 07:26   #52
Attila
still thinking....

Attila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for presidentAttila should be considered for president
Thanks a lot for the replies and good wishes.

I've been working on this project for about a week or so, and although the result looks simple, it did in fact involve quite a bit of work.

Firstly, I had two simple designs in my mind. Both involve a basic wooden box with various aluminium trim pieces, intake covers and stands.

The first one is made from solid wood and stands up on its side with some alu pieces that form a suspension, grille cover and stand. Please note the precise and accurate technical drawings.

The second one is made from MDF covered in some veneer. In this design the motherboard is placed upside down with venting in the bottom. This design incorporates a thick alu plinth with enough room for the PC to breath.

The first job was to have a look at my saw bench that has been under wraps in the back yard since the completion of CX1.

And it's in very bad shape.

The once bright bearing guide that the pillow blocks for the fence ran on, are a mess. Also the wooden frame has swollen and distorted the whole machine.

Some emery paper and WD40 took most of the rust off and the fence can slide reasonably well now.

Anyway, I had a board of Jarrah left over from CX1 but this was not wide enough. So two pieces had to be joined to make the top and bottom. I used biscuits for this.

The joins are not entirely invisible but look OK.

Because my saw is out of whack, I had to size up and square each piece on the router table.

The four sides are joined with miters, so first, most of the material is removed with a hand plane.

And a proper 45 degree angle is made with the router.

Then the parts were sanded and a coat of poly was applied to protect the outside from glue marks.

Meanwhile, a box was made up from some 12mm MDF. Its easier to clamp the box up 'dry', fit some screws and then glue up using only the screws to hold until the glue dries. Then the screws can be removed and the holes filled.

This is the birds eye maple veneer that's been sitting in the garden shed for over four years. Some of it unusable because of mould, but there is more than enough for this small project.

So I just have to match some pieces up and glue them down.

And I have two nice boxes to play with.

Back when I can.
Old 12th Nov 2011, 07:30   #53
Herodj95
Multimodder

Herodj95 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel

Very good job Attila
Herodj95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Nov 2011, 07:44   #54
Razer2007
Building Proxima

Razer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
OHMYWOOOORD! Jarrah is just the sexiest wood under the sun! Would look perfect on proxima but for me it's too expensive. Nice job.

BTW thank you very much for showing how you join the wood Will be needing that soon.
------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Razer2007; 12th Nov 2011 at 18:48.
Razer2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Nov 2011, 08:47   #55
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Jarrah wood is sooooo flipping gorgeous , the veneered box looks great too, nice work Attila .

I'm quite unsure where this is going even with the drawings but that makes it all the more fun to follow leaving me keen to see what comes next , 1 thing is for sure though it's an Attila mod so it's destined for huge wow factor .
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Nov 2011, 10:59   #56
Burnout21
Is the daddy!

Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Burnout21 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
very very nice, I love it when you combine beautiful hard woods with modding. There have been a few wooden case mods in the past but yours rank in the top 5 just because there like furniture not computer cases.
Burnout21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Nov 2011, 10:59   #57
stonedsurd
Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Glad you're feeling better now, or at least well enough to grant us updates

Love what you've done so far, I will watch with interest
Old 12th Nov 2011, 11:46   #58
bugeye
Sleep Deprived

bugeye has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbugeye has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbugeye has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Very nice work with the veneer

Real shame about the table saw of it fixable ?
bugeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Nov 2011, 16:25   #59
craig - toyoracer
Supermodder

craig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysis
Glad to have you back.

Well double the fun now. 2 very different designs. That is just awesome.

The Jarrah with those U stands is just going to pop.

The Maple simple elegance.

Hope a new base will fix the saw, maybe time to enlarge the shop.
Old 12th Nov 2011, 17:35   #60
bulldogjeff
The modding head is firmly back on.

bulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyanbulldogjeff is a Super Spamming Saiyan
looking good, welcome back, hope you're feeling better now...

For me it has to be the maple, just looks so nice.
bulldogjeff is online now   Reply With Quote

View Mode