bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Technology > Software

Old 17th Oct 2011, 16:54   #1
Kernel
Likes cheese

Kernel can run CrysisKernel can run CrysisKernel can run CrysisKernel can run CrysisKernel can run CrysisKernel can run CrysisKernel can run CrysisKernel can run CrysisKernel can run CrysisKernel can run CrysisKernel can run Crysis
Deny access to services.msc

I have been trying to deny access to services.msc and msconfig on a local win 7 machine and I can't figure out how.
I'd like to roll it out to standard user level, I have tried editing file permissions but it's not changeable. Also had a look through group policies and local security policies but again found nothing. Help please
Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz / ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3 / ThermalTake Frio / Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB / ASUS R9 280X DirectCU II / ASUS Xonar DS / Antec TruePower New 650W / Crucial M4 64GB + 256GB / 2 x Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB / Fractal R3 / Logitech G15 / Logitech G500 / Dell S2209W / Dell E172FP
BF2 | BF:BC2 | BF3 | Eve Online | Xbox Live | PSN | Steam - Siuxia
Kernel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Oct 2011, 17:30   #2
GoodBytes
How many wifi's does it have?

GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Standard users cannot access services.msc nor msconfig already.
Administrator privileges are required.

Core i7 930 2.8GHz | G.Skill Pi 6GB 1600MHz 7-5-7-24 1.5V | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 | GeForce GTX 260 | W.D Caviar Black 1TB | Corsair AX750 | Noctua NH-U12P | Xonar Essence STX | Win8 Pro 64-bit | Dell U2410 - 1920x1200 | OCZ Vertex 4 250GB
GoodBytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Oct 2011, 17:49   #3
Kernel
Likes cheese

Kernel can run CrysisKernel can run CrysisKernel can run CrysisKernel can run CrysisKernel can run CrysisKernel can run CrysisKernel can run CrysisKernel can run CrysisKernel can run CrysisKernel can run CrysisKernel can run Crysis
I am in the standard user account now and quite happily playing with services, I can't get on to msconfig tho

Edit::
I started one service but I am now locked out of everything
Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz / ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3 / ThermalTake Frio / Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB / ASUS R9 280X DirectCU II / ASUS Xonar DS / Antec TruePower New 650W / Crucial M4 64GB + 256GB / 2 x Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB / Fractal R3 / Logitech G15 / Logitech G500 / Dell S2209W / Dell E172FP
Old 17th Oct 2011, 18:26   #4
Phalanx
Needs more dragons and stuff.

Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Find services.msc and deny Users from the permissions?
Old 17th Oct 2011, 18:32   #5
Kernel
Likes cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx View Post
Find services.msc and deny Users from the permissions?
Tried that, it won't like me change permission for any level account.

I have just tried that on my other computer and I can make the changes... Wonder if because it's a Home Edition it has some for of restrictions?
Old 17th Oct 2011, 19:50   #6
GoodBytes
How many wifi's does it have?

GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GoodBytes is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Well you screwed up your Windows.
Because here (and I work, where I setup theses things) there is no issue.

Core i7 930 2.8GHz | G.Skill Pi 6GB 1600MHz 7-5-7-24 1.5V | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 | GeForce GTX 260 | W.D Caviar Black 1TB | Corsair AX750 | Noctua NH-U12P | Xonar Essence STX | Win8 Pro 64-bit | Dell U2410 - 1920x1200 | OCZ Vertex 4 250GB
GoodBytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Oct 2011, 20:29   #7
Kernel
Likes cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodBytes View Post
Well you screwed up your Windows.
Because here (and I work, where I setup theses things) there is no issue.
It's the computer in the lads room, I have noticed some odd things here and there I think it might be time for a reinstall on that computer anyway.
Old 17th Oct 2011, 22:20   #8
tehBoris
Hypermodder

tehBoris can run CrysistehBoris can run CrysistehBoris can run CrysistehBoris can run CrysistehBoris can run CrysistehBoris can run CrysistehBoris can run CrysistehBoris can run Crysis
Standard users have access to service control amongst other things, but they can't make too many changes. Also, if your son has physical access to the machine, all bets are off on security and preventing him from changing things.

Best bet is to tell him not to make any changes, and hope he listens to you. When he doesn't listen to you install Ubuntu.
tehBoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Oct 2011, 07:59   #9
Kernel
Likes cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehBoris View Post
Standard users have access to service control amongst other things, but they can't make too many changes. Also, if your son has physical access to the machine, all bets are off on security and preventing him from changing things.

Best bet is to tell him not to make any changes, and hope he listens to you. When he doesn't listen to you install Ubuntu.
He's not very computer savvy, but again all you have to do is google bypass windows family safety filter and it comes up with various ways of getting past it.
Just trying to cover a few angles.