bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 26th Oct 2011, 09:18   #1
arcticstoat
Who is the Milkman?

arcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysis
Asus Eee Pad Slider SL101 Review

Asus has crammed a decent-sized QWERTY keyboard into an Android tablet. Is it better than a netbook?

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/mob...sl101-review/1
Old 26th Oct 2011, 09:41   #2
Snips
I can do dat, giz a job

Snips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming SaiyanSnips is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Shame it's wasted on Andriod. I'll wait for the new Windows versions coming next year.
Snips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Oct 2011, 09:45   #3
jezmck
I Mod, Therefore I Own

jezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Excellent review, thanks.

I'm almost certain that I'll be getting the Transformer version next month (30th birthday, eep).
Old 26th Oct 2011, 09:45   #4
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Nexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
The Windows versions need a bit longer to work on their battery lives.

Current project: Metaversa 02 Ada.
Nexxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Oct 2011, 09:52   #5
longweight
Possibly Longbeard.

longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.
Interesting, nearly as tempting as a netbook but not quite good enough for me.
longweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Oct 2011, 11:45   #6
tonyd223
king of nothing

tonyd223 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I know you guys don't often review this type of thing, but there's missing information - does it charge using a standard micro-usb port, does the full size usb support thumb drives (is it powered so you can plug 2.5 usb hard discs), does the HDMI out work and is the cable to standard HDMI included...

I'm just saying...
tonyd223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Oct 2011, 11:53   #7
Paradigm Shifter
de nihilo nihil fit

Paradigm Shifter has yet to learn the way of the DremelParadigm Shifter has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Isn't Tegra 3's launch (announcement?) November 9th? And with it, the Asus Transformer Prime? Would make more sense I think than this... especially since I've never had good experiences with 'slider' anythings - they're always more vulnerable than more traditional versions.
Old 26th Oct 2011, 16:49   #8
PlayedStation
Possessed like an apostrophe

PlayedStation has yet to learn the way of the DremelPlayedStation has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Glad i bought my Transformer then... was going to wait for this but i'm glad i didnt. Very happy with what i have
PlayedStation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Oct 2011, 17:00   #9
kenco_uk
I unsuccessfully then tried again

kenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyan
It's a shame it wasn't reviewed with 3.2 installed. It's available on the website.
Old 26th Oct 2011, 20:17   #10
Andre_B
Supermodder

Andre_B has yet to learn the way of the DremelAndre_B has yet to learn the way of the DremelAndre_B has yet to learn the way of the DremelAndre_B has yet to learn the way of the DremelAndre_B has yet to learn the way of the DremelAndre_B has yet to learn the way of the DremelAndre_B has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayedStation View Post
Glad i bought my Transformer then... was going to wait for this but i'm glad i didnt. Very happy with what i have
Same here. I'm very happy with it.
Andre_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Oct 2011, 21:11   #11
leslie
Just me!

leslie has yet to learn the way of the Dremelleslie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Interesting, but just like most tablets, they really need to work on that price.

Itty Bitty File Server (mini-itx cube) - 8in alum/oak cube, 2TB, 25watts, 100% silent
Desktop - 2600k@4.2, Maximus IV Gene-Z/Gen3, 16gb Corsair DDR3-1600, XFX 6870 1GB, 2x Crucial 128 M4, PcP&C 750 Silencer, Fractal 1000, dual HP 25in, Das w/browns, G700
leslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Oct 2011, 13:21   #12
jrs77
theorycrafting

jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
The Slider goes into the right direction.

Ove at anandtech there's a bigger review with Anand talking about it in a video -> http://www.anandtech.com/show/4862/a...-slider-review

Stop using your smartphone as much and look up!
jrs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Oct 2011, 20:43   #13
echeb
Multimodder

echeb has yet to learn the way of the Dremelecheb has yet to learn the way of the Dremelecheb has yet to learn the way of the Dremelecheb has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Ooh, Asus have invented me a tablet. In a year when its half the price second hand it will hopefully replace my Motorola Dext (Cliq in America). Any word on an ICS update or will it need updated for that?
echeb is offline   Reply With Quote