bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 3rd Jan 2012, 20:44   #141
bulldogjeff
The modding head is firmly back on.

bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.bulldogjeff is definitely a rep cheat.
Knowing that you are thinking of me and have put O rings in the res will help me sleep better tonight.

It's good to know that you're sharing the love around the forum.
bulldogjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jan 2012, 22:20   #142
p0Pe
gief cake?

p0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for president
Making a update only for o-rings?

/welcome to the club xD/
p0Pe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jan 2012, 15:46   #143
riekmaharg2
has finished Blue Horizon

riekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Wow this project is off to a great start, specially that CPU block its awesome, its definitely one of the best looking ones I've ever seen, are you going to polish the metal on it?

Silent Fiberglass PC

Completed * Blue Horizon * - 2012
riekmaharg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jan 2012, 16:04   #144
Angel OD
Pump Killer

Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogjeff View Post
Knowing that you are thinking of me and have put O rings in the res will help me sleep better tonight.

It's good to know that you're sharing the love around the forum.
You are so very welcome my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0Pe View Post
Making a update only for o-rings?

/welcome to the club xD/
Heh... Gotta do something eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by riekmaharg2 View Post
Wow this project is off to a great start, specially that CPU block its awesome, its definitely one of the best looking ones I've ever seen, are you going to polish the metal on it?
Thanks a lot man! And I'm not sure yet. Depending on the complete colorscheme of the case, and how everything looks when I get it, I'll figure it out. Might polish, might leave it as is, or might get it anodized!
http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=207889 - Motm nominee
The Theory of Everything http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=219504 - Motm WINNER!
Angel OD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jan 2012, 16:08   #145
Angel OD
Pump Killer

Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Angel OD - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
After getting a couple of O-rings in the res, I need to make a top and a bottom for it, so it doesn't pop out when temperature rises.

So I got started on the top parts:

Done with the lathe part of it:

The large one fits:

Oh, a problem! But I knew that was coming!

Now I need to make holes in them, and mill them so they can both fit. This is next weeks little task!

Against my better judgement, I will leave you with a quick render of how the res should look when done. The H2O part will be filled with color, but I don't know which one yet, for obvious reasons...

C ya guys!
The Theory of Everything http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=219504 - Motm WINNER!
Old 6th Jan 2012, 16:15   #146
p0Pe
gief cake?

p0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for presidentp0Pe should be considered for president
Looks GOOOOD man:P Is it a manuall lathe, or a cnc you have? If its a cnc lathe, i have a job for you:P
p0Pe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jan 2012, 16:44   #147
Mosquito
Hypermodder

Mosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run Crysis
Have you thought about possibly putting slightly raised letters in for H2O and then filling that area with resin/epoxy/etc at all? Just a thought that popped into my head, so I thought I'd share

Looking great though

Edit:
Maybe that wouldn't work, if you were intending the cap and the top ring to be removable independent of each other

Last edited by Mosquito; 6th Jan 2012 at 17:12.
Mosquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jan 2012, 17:02   #148
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
More severe awesomeness brewing .
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jan 2012, 17:11   #149
Angel OD
Pump Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0Pe View Post
Looks GOOOOD man:P Is it a manuall lathe, or a cnc you have? If its a cnc lathe, i have a job for you:P
The lathe in question is a manual. I hardly ever use the cnc..

Not sure I have the time to make you something, and another problem is that the cnc lathe we have is very... VERY small!

But send me a pic of what you need with the sizes on msn, and I'll have a look at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosquito View Post
Have you thought about possibly putting slightly raised letters in for H2O and then filling that area with resin/epoxy/etc at all? Just a thought that popped into my head, so I thought I'd share

Looking great though
It's actually a cool idea! But I would have to make a mold for it, since casting it in the top itself would make it impossible to take apart... And I've never played with casting of epoxy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
More severe awesomeness brewing .
Yay! Thanks Waynio! And BOOO for you not winning MOTY!

Oh, btw. The sound of a tool cutting perfect, is just music to my ears!

Old 6th Jan 2012, 17:23   #150
Mosquito
Hypermodder

Mosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run CrysisMosquito can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel OD View Post
It's actually a cool idea! But I would have to make a mold for it, since casting it in the top itself would make it impossible to take apart... And I've never played with casting of epoxy...
I just thought of that and edited my post, right before you got yours in would be sweet though, maybe with a little soft light LED in the color scheme
Mosquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jan 2012, 18:34   #151
HandMadeAndroid
That's handy.

HandMadeAndroid has yet to learn the way of the DremelHandMadeAndroid has yet to learn the way of the DremelHandMadeAndroid has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Impressive and inspiring
i7 3770k, Asus P8Z77-I , 16gb Patriot 1866 ddr3,EVGA 670FTW, Bitfenix Prodigy,crucial M4 128ssd,western digital black 2tb storage, wacom intuos/ i7 sandy bridge kobalt 17" laptop,120ssd, 8gb crucial ram, 500gb7200 WD storage drive, nvidia 555m 3gb/64gb iPad 2
HandMadeAndroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jan 2012, 19:26   #152
riekmaharg2
has finished Blue Horizon

riekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelriekmaharg2 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Awesome quality lathing , you could polish and anodise that way you get protection against copper reaction too

Silent Fiberglass PC

Completed * Blue Horizon * - 2012
riekmaharg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jan 2012, 21:30   #153
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel OD View Post
Yay! Thanks Waynio! And BOOO for you not winning MOTY!

Oh, btw. The sound of a tool cutting perfect, is just music to my ears!
I went in with low expectations but was still fun & good to see the best Nintendo mod on the planet placed well I see no reason at all why console mods if anything as good as that shouldn't be in moty congrats .

Wow that's so quiet & does sound like perfect cutting , nothing like this with the ear attacking tools I use .

Lathes are awesome but I had wood lathes confused as being able to do metal on them a while ago & thought I could afford one maybe some time in the future .

And looks like Antony is getting onto getting your prizes back in motion .
Old 6th Jan 2012, 21:53   #154
Angel OD
Pump Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosquito View Post
I just thought of that and edited my post, right before you got yours in would be sweet though, maybe with a little soft light LED in the color scheme
Oh yeah, there is nothing wrong with the idea itself! And since I do have the safety course on working with resin, I should actually put it to use some day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandMadeAndroid View Post
Impressive and inspiring
I bow very gracefully at you for that very nice comment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by riekmaharg2 View Post
Awesome quality lathing , you could polish and anodise that way you get protection against copper reaction too
I know, that's one of my thoughts. But we'll see what happens in the near future! And also if I can find an anodizer who will help me out at a fair price! I'm broke as a joke! :LOL:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
I went in with low expectations but was still fun & good to see the best Nintendo mod on the planet placed well I see no reason at all why console mods if anything as good as that shouldn't be in moty congrats .

Wow that's so quiet & does sound like perfect cutting , nothing like this with the ear attacking tools I use .

Lathes are awesome but I had wood lathes confused as being able to do metal on them a while ago & thought I could afford one maybe some time in the future .

And looks like Antony is getting onto getting your prizes back in motion .
Thanks a lot man! And you are quite right. The tool is made out of a complete carbide rod, which makes it strong as hell and stops any bad noise. And with the right insert, it's just a breeze!

Someday when I'm old and gray and have money, I'll have a complete workshop in my house. (house also needed! )

Yup, seems there might be hope on getting this build a case some day!
Old 8th Jan 2012, 12:38   #155
dogknees
Multimodder

dogknees has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldogknees has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldogknees has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldogknees has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldogknees has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldogknees has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldogknees has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This is just some gorgeous sh!t mate!!

Regards
dogknees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jan 2012, 17:37   #156
bond0071993
What's a Dremel?

bond0071993 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
amazing only this i can say
bond0071993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jan 2012, 18:02   #157
KidMod-Southpaw
Super Spamming Saiyan

KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.
Absolutely wonderful, haven't visited since page 1 but I'm blown away! Well done.
KidMod-Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jan 2012, 16:20   #158
Angel OD
Pump Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogknees View Post
This is just some gorgeous sh!t mate!!

Regards
Thanks a lot m8!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond0071993 View Post
amazing only this i can say
Only that I need to know! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidMod-Southpaw View Post
Absolutely wonderful, haven't visited since page 1 but I'm blown away! Well done.

I'm glad you stopped by! Thanks for the kind words!
Old 13th Jan 2012, 16:25   #159
Angel OD
Pump Killer

I got a little update for you guys today!

I was going to have more, but after milling the first couple of parts I found out they didn't fit. After a bit of troubleshooting, I found out that I had drawn the reservoir 3mm longer than it actually is. Ah well... That ment I had to spend time to correct this, and thus I didn't get the bottom plate done.
But I'm just happy I found out before I started milling the bottom part!

And I can also use the parts I made, just need to take a bit more off!

But on with it!

The top pieces. Needs a bit more milling caused by the mistake, but you get the idea! :

I then went on to do the H2O engraving.

Tool calibration:

And after milling:

Both of them. Still needs polishing!

That's all for today. I'll be back with more next week!
Old 13th Jan 2012, 18:03   #160
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

So damn nice .

Tags
42, it's this mod!

View Mode