bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 1st Nov 2011, 09:46   #1
Zoon
Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Gentlemen, its time to mod your face for Movember! Post your lip fuzz!

Quote:
Hi,

It's Movember, the month formerly known as November, now dedicated to growing moustaches and raising awareness and funds for men's health; specifically prostate and testicular cancer. I'm donating my top lip to the cause for 30 days in an effort to help change the face of men's health. My Mo will spark conversations, and no doubt generate some laughs; all in the name of raising vital awareness and funds for cancer's affecting men.

Why am I so passionate about men's health?
  • 1 in 9 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime
  • This year 37,000 new cases of the disease will be diagnosed
  • 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime
  • 26% of men are less likely to go the doctor compared to women
I'm asking you to support my Movember campaign by making a donation by either:
  • Donating online at: http://mobro.co (there is a referrer to my profile, if you just want to donate to the cause in general use http://uk.movember.com/donate/ instead!)
  • If you want to go old school you can write a cheque payable to 'Movember', reference my name and Registration Number 1627540 and send it to: Movember Europe, PO Box 68600, London, EC1P 1EF
If you'd like to find out more about the type of work you'd be helping to fund by supporting Movember, take a look at the Programmes We Fund section on the Movember website: http://uk.movember.com/about

Thank you in advance for supporting my efforts to change the face of men's health.
Who is sporting a tache for Movember this year? I'll post some pictures of my lip fuzz as it develops, please throw yours into the mix as well guys!

Last edited by Zoon; 4th Nov 2011 at 19:07.
Zoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Nov 2011, 09:59   #2
Ljs
Limited Edition

Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.
Ahh crap, I knew I should have shaved yesterday...
Ljs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Nov 2011, 10:05   #3
Journeyer
Mod Master

Journeyer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Journeyer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Journeyer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Journeyer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Journeyer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Journeyer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Journeyer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Journeyer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Journeyer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Journeyer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Journeyer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Do neckbeards count? I think that's the only kind of beard/'stache I am able to grow in something resembling a regular fashion.

ASUS Sabertooth 990FX || FX-8150BE || 16Gb Corsair DDR3 1866Mhz || 2xGTX285 SLI || 2xOCZ Agility 3 120Gb RAID0 for OS
Journeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Nov 2011, 10:48   #4
Jumeira_Johnny
16032 - High plains drifter

Jumeira_Johnny is definitely a rep cheat.Jumeira_Johnny is definitely a rep cheat.Jumeira_Johnny is definitely a rep cheat.Jumeira_Johnny is definitely a rep cheat.Jumeira_Johnny is definitely a rep cheat.Jumeira_Johnny is definitely a rep cheat.Jumeira_Johnny is definitely a rep cheat.Jumeira_Johnny is definitely a rep cheat.Jumeira_Johnny is definitely a rep cheat.Jumeira_Johnny is definitely a rep cheat.Jumeira_Johnny is definitely a rep cheat.
I've had a full beard since 1999, and I'm not shaving it for this or any other reason. ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayinBlack View Post
But I do remember the days when we didn't all run around holding our asses because butthurt. And I miss them.
Jumeira_Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Nov 2011, 10:48   #5
Unicorn
Uniform November India

Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.
I might go for a beard. A 'tache isn't going to happen. I'll be seeing an awful lot of beards and 'taches over the next few weeks - The Giants (Ice Hockey club) always take Movember very seriously!

I didn't shave yesterday or today. I might try it for a week or two, but I've been clean shaven all my life. It'll probably piss me off enough to whack it off by the end of the week

"For every stalwart bit-tech-worthy tech out there, another 2 cretinous arse-scratchers are out there pulling your patches and reconfiguring your ****." - Krikkit
Unicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Nov 2011, 10:57   #6
BentAnat
Software Dev

BentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for president
I couldn't if I wanted to... I am literally the least hairy person I know...
Old 1st Nov 2011, 11:16   #7
Zoon

Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Zoon is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I had a shave yesterday and I'm raring to go.

By all means give it a try if you feel like it. There's a group of 10 or so of us at work all doing it this year.

I do appreciate that generally people already with established fuzz aren't going to take part, but I for one have pretty rapid and thick growing facial hair which I usually keep under control, so I'm joining in and having some fun, and I hope if you can that you will too!
Old 1st Nov 2011, 12:41   #8
Scroome
I don't do red...

Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.Scroome is definitely a rep cheat.
I'm joining the cause!

Will post pictures, once sufficient tashness has developed.
Scroome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Nov 2011, 13:16   #9
logonui
Supermodder

logonui has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I would be getting involved with this but I've had a beard since around 2000 or so and nothing is gonna make me shave it off!
logonui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Nov 2011, 14:57   #10
WarrenJ
Mod Master

WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.WarrenJ is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Good luck to everyone. Sadly I wont be joining in at the Mo. However, I'll be doing my bit for charity next year.
WarrenJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Nov 2011, 17:53   #11
Lance
Ender of discussions.

Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.Lance is definitely a rep cheat.
I totally wanted to. But I can't. Especially not in a month. Would take at least 3. Every year I get a little bit closer.

Boom iPhone headshot
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Nov 2011, 17:57   #12
longweight
Possibly Longbeard.

longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.
I am, but not for charity just for the chance to have a tache at work again.
longweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Nov 2011, 18:03   #13
DeadP1xels
Music Enthusiast

DeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for presidentDeadP1xels should be considered for president
I shaved yesterday and realized it was the 1st today so im going to let it all go for the month

After about 2 weeks it seems to stop growing as fast and one side seems to be denser than the other so i'll probebly be on the edge of just shaving it off by the 2 week period
[i7-4700K][Asus Maximus VI Hero][H100i][R9 270X][HyperX Beast 32GB 2400mhz][NI KORE][1TB WD Caviar Black][Corsair 450W VS][Cosmos SE][Razer Abyssus][Microsoft Reclusa][Samsung S27C450B][Behringer B1031A][Shure SE215]
DeadP1xels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Nov 2011, 18:06   #14
MrJoosh
What's a Dremel?

MrJoosh has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'm supporting the hairy cause

The Scarlet Mustachiers is my group if anyone is bothered

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk
MrJoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Nov 2011, 18:17   #15
mansueto
Too broke to mod

mansueto is definitely a rep cheat.mansueto is definitely a rep cheat.mansueto is definitely a rep cheat.mansueto is definitely a rep cheat.mansueto is definitely a rep cheat.mansueto is definitely a rep cheat.mansueto is definitely a rep cheat.mansueto is definitely a rep cheat.mansueto is definitely a rep cheat.mansueto is definitely a rep cheat.mansueto is definitely a rep cheat.
I lasted 3 weeks last year before it was too annoying. I normally let mine grow a week or so before it starts to look to bad and shave. I did shave yesterday, though I did also just get the chinstrap and a stache just doesn't go well with the strap. Not sure what I'll do exactly :S My brother however is very committed, we shall see how far he gets before the facial hair starts to bug him.
Black Momba: i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz | Corsair H80 | MSI P67A-G43 | 8GB DDR3 1600 Ripjaws | 128GB Corsair M4, 1TB Barricuda | 2GB 6950 | Asus PA248 IPS + Acer P243w | Asus Xonar D1 + Fio E07K Andes | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Seasonic X760 | Fractal R3 | Cooler Master Quick Fire Rapid | Cooler Master Inferno
Lenovo U410: i7 3517u | 8GB ram | 24GB + 750GB HDD | 14 inch ultrabook
mansueto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Nov 2011, 18:49   #16
play_boy_2000
Ultramodder

play_boy_2000 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.play_boy_2000 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.play_boy_2000 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.play_boy_2000 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.play_boy_2000 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.play_boy_2000 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.play_boy_2000 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.play_boy_2000 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.play_boy_2000 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.play_boy_2000 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.play_boy_2000 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I only seem to grow any facial hair on my tash and chin, so I might give it a go, though I'm expcting it to be pretty lame.
Asus P8P67
Patriot Wildfire 120GB SSD + 1TB x6 (4.54TB formatted) Raid5 on RocketRaid 2680
play_boy_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Nov 2011, 21:32   #17
TaRkA DaHl
I *am* a Dremel

TaRkA DaHl is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TaRkA DaHl is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TaRkA DaHl is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TaRkA DaHl is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TaRkA DaHl is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TaRkA DaHl is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TaRkA DaHl is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TaRkA DaHl is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TaRkA DaHl is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TaRkA DaHl is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TaRkA DaHl is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
A friend of mine has vowed to grow this:

Oh boy.
TaRkA DaHl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Nov 2011, 21:46   #18
MrWillyWonka
Chocolate computers galore!

MrWillyWonka has yet to learn the way of the DremelMrWillyWonka has yet to learn the way of the DremelMrWillyWonka has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I grew my beard for several months in Australia (shaving blades are incredibly expensive over there) and after 5 months had a huge 3" long bush and tach!

So, I'll give this a miss.
MrWillyWonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Nov 2011, 09:44   #19
Zoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadP1xels View Post
I shaved yesterday and realized it was the 1st today so im going to let it all go for the month

After about 2 weeks it seems to stop growing as fast and one side seems to be denser than the other so i'll probebly be on the edge of just shaving it off by the 2 week period
Trim it so its even instead of shaving it all off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJoosh View Post
I'm supporting the hairy cause

The Scarlet Mustachiers is my group if anyone is bothered
Thanks for one of your first two posts being in my topic about Movember, and for doing it

Quote:
Originally Posted by mansueto View Post
I lasted 3 weeks last year before it was too annoying. I normally let mine grow a week or so before it starts to look to bad and shave. I did shave yesterday, though I did also just get the chinstrap and a stache just doesn't go well with the strap. Not sure what I'll do exactly :S My brother however is very committed, we shall see how far he gets before the facial hair starts to bug him.
You can do it, its only 30 days...

Quote:
Originally Posted by play_boy_2000 View Post
I only seem to grow any facial hair on my tash and chin, so I might give it a go, though I'm expecting it to be pretty lame.
Pictures are all the better! If you look odd people will ask WHY you're doing it - and you can grab money for charity that way. Make sure you sign up on the site!
Old 4th Nov 2011, 19:04   #20
Zoon

Well, its Friday Movember the 4th and I have the beginnings of a fine lip fuzz.

Last edited by Zoon; 28th Dec 2011 at 17:50.
Zoon is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode