bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 3rd Sep 2012, 16:29   #201
shrop
El Jefe of Sleeving

shrop is definitely a rep cheat.shrop is definitely a rep cheat.shrop is definitely a rep cheat.shrop is definitely a rep cheat.shrop is definitely a rep cheat.shrop is definitely a rep cheat.shrop is definitely a rep cheat.shrop is definitely a rep cheat.shrop is definitely a rep cheat.shrop is definitely a rep cheat.shrop is definitely a rep cheat.
Not an update, but I've got some more stuff coming tomorrow/wednesday, just a rad and some more tubing, so all I need is to complete the paint work, a few panels need neatening up and then order a 7970 block and I'm ready to rock and roll! Hopefully, by the end of this month, right as I predicted. Thank god, its nearly been a year!!! :O

Steel Series 6G MX Blacks /Choc Mini MX Blues / Happy Hacking Keyboard Pro 2 Anthracite/ Poker 2 with 45g MX Blacks/ Dell AT101W/ Beige Filco TKL 45g MX Black / V60 Mini MX Brown
shrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Sep 2012, 22:18   #202
shrop
El Jefe of Sleeving

shrop is definitely a rep cheat.shrop is definitely a rep cheat.shrop is definitely a rep cheat.shrop is definitely a rep cheat.shrop is definitely a rep cheat.shrop is definitely a rep cheat.shrop is definitely a rep cheat.shrop is definitely a rep cheat.shrop is definitely a rep cheat.shrop is definitely a rep cheat.shrop is definitely a rep cheat.
Mainly been doing some touch up on the paint front, I've painted all the rads, 90% of the fans, done all the carbon wrapping, all I need is a 7970 block and some cooling liquid, most likely some Mayhems I think. I might go for flat black or a dark blue/ nearly black, similar to the dark metallic blue the exterior of the case is painted. I think its gonna look ace with the fans matching the case and the rads matching the interior! I can't wait to get finished, its been nearly a year! :O

Steel Series 6G MX Blacks /Choc Mini MX Blues / Happy Hacking Keyboard Pro 2 Anthracite/ Poker 2 with 45g MX Blacks/ Dell AT101W/ Beige Filco TKL 45g MX Black / V60 Mini MX Brown
Old 13th Sep 2012, 00:26   #203
shrop
El Jefe of Sleeving

Mounted a little blanking plate on the top and front panels today, they have been laying around in my room for a while and need a little clean up.

Rad sandwich nearly complete, just waiting for some fans to dry to finish it off.

This is how they are piped up, I think it looks pretty rad :epiccoolface:

Also test fitted the top rad and fan grill. Need some more bits from Nils at MDPC like the caps for the bolts and a little more sleeving.

Old 5th Oct 2012, 17:07   #204
shrop
El Jefe of Sleeving

Nearly there! I'm getting a 7970 block and back plate for my birthday and that and some coolant is all I need to finish. I am STILL working on the paint job, I'm not a professional paint sprayer so its taking much longer than I expected, I should have got it powder coated in the first place, anyway, you live and learn! I've also been tidying up the PSU cables and sleeved a few SATA 3 cables.... so, I'll see you chaps in about 2 weeks, with hopefully a 95% finished system!

I also sorted out the paint on all the radiators and fans, all sleeved etc, ready to go, I must admit they look pretty.. heres a sneak

I'm also trying to start up my own little PC company, so if you guys would be kind enough to give me a like I'd be very grateful... here is a little snap of a low end budget system I am building for my friend.

www.facebook.com/computers4allUK

Old 6th Oct 2012, 22:41   #205
ziza
Multimodder

ziza has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
wow those Enermax fans look really sweet.
per me si va tra la perduta gente
ziza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Oct 2012, 12:57   #206
shrop
El Jefe of Sleeving

Thanks very much man!

Old 27th Oct 2012, 00:07   #207
shrop
El Jefe of Sleeving

Well chaps and chappettes! I'm getting there, slowly but surely! Its been a mental week, my keyboard and headphones died... my beloved DT770's died, the sounded delicious, they had over 2000 hours burn in on them Oh, plus I'm typing on a 5 quid ASDA keyboard; BUT onwards and upwards, EVO is finally getting there! Mostly this week, I've been tatting downstairs where the light is good, in the conservatory, chilling with the dog and putting a good few hours tidying up the little nicks in the paint work, a little bit of sleeving and etc stuffs.

WORD UP DAWGGGGGGGG!!! (Ruby the little helper, namely stealing all the boxes and packing material and ripping them up! )

Right, ripped off the stock 7970 cooler and cleaned up the mountains of paste covering, well pretty much half the GPU!

I also got my hands on a 7970 backplate... I sanded it down, primed it, wet and dried and sprayed it, the holes dont line up..... must be for the V2 vanilla 7970...

I gave the 7970 block a little clean, just to ensure the pads sat nicely and the GPU core gets nice contact. Good old tomato ketchup!

Beware... NSFW

Here comes the fun bit!

Oh and the coolant of choice... Mayhems 'Oil,' Black.... Looks more purple to me, but I bet getting a pre-mix proper black is damn hard work... it still looks cool and fits the build nicely.

This is the last photo I got before my camera died... half way through filling... more to come tomorrow! Thanks for looking as always peeps! Love, Pexon...

Old 27th Oct 2012, 07:25   #208
Fuganater
Supermodder

Fuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run Crysis
I think that is the thinnest GPU block I have ever seen!
Old 27th Oct 2012, 12:30   #209
shrop
El Jefe of Sleeving

Seems to be working fine, went up to 42 degrees C last night on Red Orchestra 2 maxed out, that was with only 2 fans on the top rad, never mind the fans on the rad sandwich.

Old 27th Oct 2012, 18:11   #210
adrock
Caninus Nervous Rex

adrock is definitely a rep cheat.adrock is definitely a rep cheat.adrock is definitely a rep cheat.adrock is definitely a rep cheat.adrock is definitely a rep cheat.adrock is definitely a rep cheat.adrock is definitely a rep cheat.adrock is definitely a rep cheat.adrock is definitely a rep cheat.adrock is definitely a rep cheat.adrock is definitely a rep cheat.
you have a chocolate lab called Ruby? I want a choc lab and currently have a snake called Ruby

PC's looking really good too
adrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Oct 2012, 18:30   #211
shrop
El Jefe of Sleeving

HAHAH!!! Choco labs cheesecake!

Old 21st Dec 2012, 23:25   #212
shrop
El Jefe of Sleeving

Sorry for the lack of update... window will be in tomorrow, then just get fan controller sorted then 100% done! WOOP!!!!

Old 22nd Dec 2012, 20:21   #213
shrop
El Jefe of Sleeving

Got the window acrylic chopped up to size, but I dont want to mount it with tape. I was thinking of bolting it one and using some MDPC nut-caps to finish it off... what do peeps think?

Old 28th Dec 2012, 17:51   #214
KoSoVaR^
Professional Sleever & Modder

KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
WOW !
Thats an awsome looking U-Channel, Where did you get that small one ?
KoSoVaR^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jan 2013, 00:14   #215
shrop
El Jefe of Sleeving

Sorry for the late reply, its from Kustom PC

Old 7th Jan 2013, 20:14   #216
OcSurfe
Uber Noob

OcSurfe is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOcSurfe is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOcSurfe is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOcSurfe is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOcSurfe is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOcSurfe is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOcSurfe is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOcSurfe is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOcSurfe is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOcSurfe is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOcSurfe is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
get the window in brah!
OcSurfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jan 2013, 20:21   #217
shrop
El Jefe of Sleeving

Waiting to order some more stuff from MDPC, which will be this week, most probs, I need the fastener caps to make it look all bossin'.

Old 7th Jan 2013, 21:24   #218
OcSurfe
Uber Noob

OcSurfe is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOcSurfe is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOcSurfe is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOcSurfe is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOcSurfe is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOcSurfe is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOcSurfe is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOcSurfe is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOcSurfe is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOcSurfe is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOcSurfe is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrop View Post
Waiting to order some more stuff from MDPC, which will be this week, most probs, I need the fastener caps to make it look all bossin'.
It always looks bossin' bro!
OcSurfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jan 2013, 20:27   #219
shrop
El Jefe of Sleeving

Little teaser shot, system nearly done!

Old 8th Jan 2013, 20:46   #220
Editor22
E22.BIZ

Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Editor22 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Looking good dude!
Editor22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3m di-noc, lian-li, pc a70f, water cool

View Mode