bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 7th Nov 2011, 11:46   #1
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist
bit-tech Staff

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution sells 2.18 million

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/...2-18-million/1

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Nov 2011, 11:51   #2
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.wuyanxu is definitely a rep cheat.
with success of this, hopefully they'll release a sequel that is just as good, without boss battles.
Old 7th Nov 2011, 12:13   #3
DragunovHUN
Go ahead, spell my name wrong.

DragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming Saiyan
2 million copies for DXHR? That's only the PC version, right?

gog.com - Classic videogames, Windows 7 compatible, no DRM, bundled extras, outstanding service. Check it out, get hooked, spread the word!
DragunovHUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Nov 2011, 12:54   #4
atlas
Minimodder

atlas has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It's a great game those numbers could be a lot higher I think.
atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Nov 2011, 12:57   #5
Xir
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.
If there's a sweet deal in the Steam-christmas-sale, that number can be easily toppeled.
X1800XT 512mb Sapphire
200GB Samsung SP2004C 24" Asus something 1920x1080
Xir is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Nov 2011, 12:58   #6
specofdust
Banned

specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Not bad for an incomplete game, good thing they were nice enough to release a patch ("DLC") for the most inconsequential sum of 9 simoleons! Here's hoping they see fit to take even more content out of the next one in order that they can maybe allow us to help them keep on buying more Hanoi Hilton brand gruel by donating to two separate content addition downloads ("DLC"). If you think about it, it's a wonder they can even afford cleaners when they're pulling in as little as 65 million for a big name title like DEHR.
specofdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Nov 2011, 14:07   #7
Kiytan
Shiny

Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Kiytan - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Considering in a bit over 2 months DE:HR has sold about half of what minecraft has in over a year, I'd consider that pretty damned good going.
Kiytan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Nov 2011, 14:54   #8
t.y.wan
What's a Dremel?

t.y.wan has yet to learn the way of the Dremelt.y.wan has yet to learn the way of the Dremelt.y.wan has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Minecraft is successful marketing... All those youtube videos with commentary made it more successful than HR...
I wonder if they included the DLC or not?
t.y.wan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Nov 2011, 15:05   #9
johnnyboy700
Ultramodder

johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.johnnyboy700 is definitely a rep cheat.
Do they count the free game given with some graphics cards with these figures?
johnnyboy700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Nov 2011, 15:39   #10
DragunovHUN
Go ahead, spell my name wrong.

DragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming SaiyanDragunovHUN is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiytan View Post
Considering in a bit over 2 months DE:HR has sold about half of what minecraft has in over a year, I'd consider that pretty damned good going.
During development, on a single platform and with no marketing.

gog.com - Classic videogames, Windows 7 compatible, no DRM, bundled extras, outstanding service. Check it out, get hooked, spread the word!
DragunovHUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Nov 2011, 16:03   #11
Zurechial
Elitist

Zurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by specofdust View Post
Not bad for an incomplete game, good thing they were nice enough to release a patch ("DLC") for the most inconsequential sum of 9 simoleons! Here's hoping they see fit to take even more content out of the next one in order that they can maybe allow us to help them keep on buying more Hanoi Hilton brand gruel by donating to two separate content addition downloads ("DLC"). If you think about it, it's a wonder they can even afford cleaners when they're pulling in as little as 65 million for a big name title like DEHR.
Sadly.. this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiytan
On the other hand DXHR has brand recognition from its series name, developer name and publisher name; As well as the backing of a publisher as significant as Square Enix and a marketing budget as massive as we've come to expect from so-called AAA games.

Minecraft, on the other hand, is a bedroom-coded project that exploded in popularity due to its sheer awesomeness in its Alpha stages.

So there.

Honestly, I'm happy for both. I share spec's sarcastic sentiments above, but it's heartening to see a vaguely "thinking man's shooter" seeing so many sales. Hopefully it will encourage more publishers to take the minor risk of doing something other than the next CoD-clone or F2P MMO.
Old 8th Nov 2011, 00:25   #12
metarinka
I *am* a Dremel

metarinka can run Crysismetarinka can run Crysismetarinka can run Crysismetarinka can run Crysismetarinka can run Crysismetarinka can run Crysismetarinka can run Crysismetarinka can run Crysismetarinka can run Crysismetarinka can run Crysismetarinka can run Crysis
how much did minecraft cost? I think significantly less than DX, it's an apples to oranges comparison. One was a big budget AAA RPG/FPS the other was an indie sandbox game with dated graphics.
metarinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Nov 2011, 18:40   #13
tad2008
Supermodder

tad2008 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
"If you're looking for impressive facts and figures however then look no further than PC indie hit Minecraft, which has announced its 4 millionth sale even despite the fact that it isn't fully launched yet.

Minecraft, currently in playable beta, goes on sale later this month."

Since it is still technically in Beta it's not finished so those 4million sales figures would be for pre-orders. Not to mention that there has been a completely free version out for quite sometime, supposedly has 16million registered users and with only 25% of those going on to pre-order the game.

The original Deus Ex and it's successor Invisible War both sold in excess of 1million copies each and HR went on to sell double that of its predecessors, has realistic looking graphics compared to minecrafts blocky look that makes Lego games seem realistic.
tad2008 is offline   Reply With Quote