1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress [ Project ] Lian Li Xbox Slim Liquid Cooled (Selling on eBay time for a new project)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by ozzylow, 9 Nov 2011.

1. ozzylow

ozzylow What's a Dremel?

New Project in progress, wanting to plan this out properly before i get ahead on myself. Thats definatly my biggest problem with modding anything, if im not happy with it, i lose interest and the project slowly fades away.

Suggestions on a name would be appreciated, havent came up with anything just yet.

This project is based on the Lian Li PC - Q08B and a Slim Xbox 360

The case is pretty much exactly the same height as the original Xbox Slim case. Just wider, I dont want to go bigger, want to be able to keep it on the tv cabinet. It is a fair bit wider then the Xbox Slim but for everything it can do im not to worried about the width of the case.

[​IMG]

Finally got the case in, ordered it from the local PC shop and came in pretty quickly, went with the Lian Li PC - Q08B case, small enough, but plenty of room to ventilate the case properly and keep it cool.

Got it home and opened it straight away, alot of the internal stuff can come out, took the sides off the case and this is what was left.

[​IMG]

15 Minutes later had it stripped down, pretty easy to take apart, im not the best with computers, never done PC case mods, but they seem easy enough to work with.

[​IMG]

Disc Drive in place, will have this painted black to match the case, dont want it standing out to much

[​IMG]

Xbox Slim stripped down, ill mount it just like a PC motherboard, will take off the metal case, will look alot better mounted like a normal PC.

[​IMG]

This is the way im thinking of mounting the motherboard.

[​IMG]

Last edited: 25 Mar 2012
  2. Vetalar

Vetalar *learning english*

3. ozzylow

ozzylow What's a Dremel?

Sold out of that case, it was for the original Xbox 360, not the Slim model. Sure it wouldnt be to hard to change it over to fit the newer model.

Looking to mount the back something like this, not sure what exactly what i will do. Ill get something designed and get it cut out ( laser cut ) maybe. Still working on ideas, i want it to look neat and not a hacked job.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 28 Nov 2011
  4. Stem83

Stem83 Addicted to modding.

Love the start and idea.. hope it goes well. looking forward to more

5. ozzylow

ozzylow What's a Dremel?

Memory Card went missing, still trying to find it, just an update on what else i have been doing and ordering.

Just placed an order with MDPC ( Million Dollar PC ) for some White Cable Sleeve and matching White Heatshrink.

[​IMG]

Just finding the right place to order my fans from, looking for black frame with white fan blades, going to keep with a black and white theme inside the case.

[​IMG]

I was looking to maybe watercool the Xbox 360, but still not to sure just yet, deciding if i am wanting to spend the money on it, i would be using the XSPC Waterblock for the Slim Xbox. Just working out final prices, its something i could always add into the project later on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. ozzylow

ozzylow What's a Dremel?

Got my delivery from Million Dollar PC

[​IMG]

White Cable Sleeving and White HeatShrink

[​IMG]

Mounting the Xbox 360 Motherboard in the orignal tray, trimmed it down to fit better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Space wise, im going to have to solder the Wireless Adapter to be able to fit it in better, the whole case wont work unless this is out of the way. 6 Wires and a Ground.

[​IMG]

7. Razer2007

Razer2007 Building Proxima

[​IMG]

BTW looks good :p

xMathiasD likes this.
  8. ozzylow

ozzylow What's a Dremel?

Worked on the Motherboard Tray today, light sand and coated it with primer and then painted with some textured Black Paint.

[​IMG]

Took the Disc Drive apart and the Holder and prepped for paint and went with a Matte Black Finish

[​IMG]

Sleeved the top fan also, sticking to a Black and White theme through the case, but the Green Motherboard might look a bit out of place, any suggestions ?

Need a name for this project / case also feel free to give me some suggestions.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. ozzylow

ozzylow What's a Dremel?

Introducing my first sponser for this case. Helping out towards the case with a 545LC Performance Liquid CPU Cooler.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. ozzylow

ozzylow What's a Dremel?

I have been a bit slow on updates recently, just waiting on parts to come through so i can finish and design other parts.

Fractal Design

Thanks to Fractal Design for the sponser, helping me out with some fans, 120mm and 140mm fans.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fans will look nice in the case, definatly better then the stock fans that came with the Lian Li.

[​IMG]

11. ozzylow

ozzylow What's a Dremel?

Pretty slow in my topic, ill keep posting up though

Starting to get alot more work done now, have ordered parts needed and hoping to get heaps done in the Christmas break.

[​IMG]

These Fractal Design Fans suit this case perfectly.

[​IMG]

Motherboard mounted

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

This is a really cool idea :thumb: Ill be keeping an eye on this

13. fractal arc modder

fractal arc modder What's a Dremel?

Hey nice to see someone from Australia on here nice work so far.

The Asetek coolers are prettie good quality im currently modding a Fractal design Array 2 case.

Nice to see something different as well.

Sub to this thread. ;)

14. ozzylow

ozzylow What's a Dremel?

Showing how the back part of the case will be, i have drawn up to scale the design for the rear ports of the Xbox. I will get this made up laser cut or something similar.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks again to Asetek, i recieved my Liquid Cooling today. Got it open and started working out ideas how to make it all work together. Using the Intel Retention Ring i will have to drill my own holes to make this work, i will have to plan this out properly, still working things out.

[​IMG]

Removed the Xbox heatsink

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. fractal arc modder

Hey its looking good.

Xbox's always seem to get the red ring of death inside tho small cases they use.

My friend had a Xbox 360 the only way we could play it was to put a towel in the freezer and freeze the towel and wtap it around the Xbox.

Now this mod looks really interesting as i haven't seen many do a water cooling idea on a Xbox 360.

What type of hard drive are you going to use just the Xbox one or are you going to put like a solid state drive in it???

Will there be led lights or anything as well.

16. Vetalar

for LC block i'll try to make some kind of hard plastic (acetal i.e.) "collar"
    like this
    [​IMG]

there You don't have to drill stock parts :)

17. fractal arc modder

Vetalar nice design do you use a cnc for that???

18. spigs_rex

spigs_rex Minimodder

argh i want this case! everytime i see a project with it, there always so intresting for such a small case, what made u use the all in one asetek insted of the problem free block? well other than space lol

19. Vetalar

:blush: it's only a sketchup model...
    my english not as good as i thought about it :)
    i mean that for mounting LC block better to use some kind of adapter and not to drill parts of asetek lclc

20. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

Good luck with attaching that cooler...
    The idea that Vetalar has is quite good I rate :)