bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 14th Nov 2011, 01:36   #1
Gambo
What's a Dremel?

Gambo has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
2&˝

I everyone!
This will be my first build here, as it was my first scratch/finished build ever.
I made it earlier this year. Hope you like it.

Simple concept, motherboard on top, psu and storage at bottom.

TFX power supply, cage for 3 HDD and a sliding tray

of to the building!

main panel

HDD bay - Made some changes on the original concept. The 3 were a bit too tight on the case, so I took 1 out, raised them a bit to have more clearance and put an SSD on top.

SSD and some old HDDs for testing.

motherboard tray

structure

Hardware in

Front fan holder

silicone foam for less vibration

bottom backplate.

the right hole will have mesh covering...

and thats it for now. hope you all like it.
will post the rest soon.
Gambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Nov 2011, 02:09   #2
jrs77
theorycrafting

jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jrs77 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Hi there. Nice start and it's another mini ITX, so I approve

What will you be using this system for, seeing that you're not using a dedicated GFX-card?

Stop using your smartphone as much and look up!
jrs77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Nov 2011, 02:12   #3
k.3nny
Hypermodder

k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.k.3nny is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Verry good start. gonna keep an eye in here.
k.3nny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Nov 2011, 12:59   #4
Gambo
What's a Dremel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs77 View Post
Hi there. Nice start and it's another mini ITX, so I approve

What will you be using this system for, seeing that you're not using a dedicated GFX-card?
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.3nny View Post
Verry good start. gonna keep an eye in here.
thanks guys.

the PC is for my father, so it doesn´t need that much power.
(although he already played COD5 in it and it managed. )

the idea was really "compact" and "sober"

I'll post lot more later tonight
Old 14th Nov 2011, 13:51   #5
Throbbi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Another mini-ITX build Seems to be a surge in them all of a sudden and they're all awesome The sliding tray is perfect for such a small build knowing how fiddly they can be
Worklog - The Amputer!
Throbbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Nov 2011, 18:53   #6
soul_train
Multimodder

soul_train has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Amazing work m8 keep it coming
soul_train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Nov 2011, 19:05   #7
DiamondFX
What's a Dremel?

DiamondFX has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Nice start, I like
DiamondFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Nov 2011, 19:40   #8
adidan
CPC_refugee

adidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Looks like it's going to be a home made Lian-Li. Nice.
adidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Nov 2011, 01:48   #9
Gambo
What's a Dremel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throbbi View Post
Another mini-ITX build Seems to be a surge in them all of a sudden and they're all awesome The sliding tray is perfect for such a small build knowing how fiddly they can be

since the top, front and bottom are 1 piece only, it had to come out some way..

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_train View Post
Amazing work m8 keep it coming
Hi mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidan View Post
Looks like it's going to be a home made Lian-Li. Nice.
saying it isn't inspired by it, would be a lie. I love the small Lian-Li, though this way fits me better.

more pics!

Slim-Sata adapter

sleeved and masked CPU fan.

B-magic!

PSU

cut all the wires to a more suitable lenght

more sleeving

2nd ODD holder, this time with riveted pieces instead of bending 1 whole piece.

more to come...
Old 15th Nov 2011, 07:57   #10
adidan
CPC_refugee

adidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo View Post
saying it isn't inspired by it, would be a lie. I love the small Lian-Li, though this way fits me better.
I love their small cases too, impressive metalwork skills going on there I must say.

Keep up with the updates.
adidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Nov 2011, 14:05   #11
Razer2007
Building Proxima

Razer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Good metalworking dude. I like the design. Keep it up +rep
------------------------------------------------------
Razer2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Nov 2011, 23:49   #12
Canardwc
Gentel-Mod'R

Canardwc has yet to learn the way of the DremelCanardwc has yet to learn the way of the DremelCanardwc has yet to learn the way of the DremelCanardwc has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
More than nice job... following your project.. Suscribed!!

Canardwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Nov 2011, 23:54   #13
Gambo
What's a Dremel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidan View Post
I love their small cases too, impressive metalwork skills going on there I must say.

Keep up with the updates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer2007 View Post
Good metalworking dude. I like the design. Keep it up +rep
thanks guys! It was my first time working with a metal.
It's not any near perfect, but I'm very happy with it.

next...

painting..

some finishing details..

silicone foam to cover up some places

MB tray slides perfectly, no sound or vibrations.

back to the PSU

getting rid of some wires

cables needing a twist because of the inverted SSD.

finished PSU!

more case "padding"

Padded front fan

some assembling

cheers!
Old 15th Nov 2011, 23:54   #14
Gambo
What's a Dremel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canardwc View Post
More than nice job... following your project.. Suscribed!!

Thank you!
Old 16th Nov 2011, 12:17   #15
Vetalar
*learning english*

Vetalar has yet to learn the way of the DremelVetalar has yet to learn the way of the DremelVetalar has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
great metalwork and paintjob!
*watching*
Vetalar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Nov 2011, 12:39   #16
yassarikhan786
Ultramodder(Not)

yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I'm mightily impressed with your metal work and brilliant paint job. Look's like it came straight out of a factory.

You say this is your first time working with metal. That makes it all the more impressive. Keep up the great work and I will be watching with interest .
|| Motherboard: Asus P8P67 Pro (B3) || CPU: i7 2600k || Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 580 Super OC || Memory: Mushkin Blackline 8GB || SSD: Corsair Force 3 120GB || HDD: WD Caviar Black 2TB || CPU Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 || Power Supply: BeQuiet Dark Power Pro P9 750W || Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D || Monitor(s): Dell U2410 + HP w1907v || Keyboard: Logitech G510 || Mouse: Razer DeathAdder
yassarikhan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Nov 2011, 12:44   #17
Gtek
Doesn't raise the bar; he IS the bar.

Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Gtek is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Really nice and clean job so far, keep it up
Old 17th Nov 2011, 00:27   #18
Gambo
What's a Dremel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetalar View Post
great metalwork and paintjob!
*watching*
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yassarikhan786 View Post
I'm mightily impressed with your metal work and brilliant paint job. Look's like it came straight out of a factory.

You say this is your first time working with metal. That makes it all the more impressive. Keep up the great work and I will be watching with interest .
I'm glad you like it.
It was a very nice experience, with lots of learning for me.
I too got impressed by the results.. wasn't that much confident when I started. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtek View Post
Really nice and clean job so far, keep it up
Thanks Peter! I truly appreciate it!

PSU in

ODD adapter

And mobo in.

SSD in.

bad picture just to show a 3.5" HDD next to the the case..

HDD in.

and some more pics

final cable sleeving..

Old 17th Nov 2011, 17:02   #19
nathandanielmorris
Minimodder

nathandanielmorris has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Wow. I'm looking to build a compact low-profile HTPC, and if you don't mind me saying this has given me some inspiration and a few ideas that I think I might well pinch!
nathandanielmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Nov 2011, 17:06   #20
yassarikhan786
Ultramodder(Not)

yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Brilliant job on the sleeving and cable management.

Haha, I like the comparison with the HDD. I didn't think the case would be that small .
|| Motherboard: Asus P8P67 Pro (B3) || CPU: i7 2600k || Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 580 Super OC || Memory: Mushkin Blackline 8GB || SSD: Corsair Force 3 120GB || HDD: WD Caviar Black 2TB || CPU Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 || Power Supply: BeQuiet Dark Power Pro P9 750W || Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D || Monitor(s): Dell U2410 + HP w1907v || Keyboard: Logitech G510 || Mouse: Razer DeathAdder
yassarikhan786 is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode