bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 18th Nov 2011, 00:04   #21
Gambo
What's a Dremel?

Gambo has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathandanielmorris View Post
Wow. I'm looking to build a compact low-profile HTPC, and if you don't mind me saying this has given me some inspiration and a few ideas that I think I might well pinch!

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by yassarikhan786 View Post
Brilliant job on the sleeving and cable management.

Haha, I like the comparison with the HDD. I didn't think the case would be that small .
Thank you.
eheh.. it's really small.
(end of the post you can see it next to an old 19" screen)

and here are some finals.. hope you like it.

Gambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Nov 2011, 00:15   #22
Nealieboyee
Packaging Master!

Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.Nealieboyee is definitely a rep cheat.
That looks amazing! Good work! Loving the blue tamper proof switch
Old 24th Nov 2011, 11:37   #23
Gambo
What's a Dremel?

thank you mate!
Old 24th Nov 2011, 11:45   #24
adidan
CPC_refugee

adidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyanadidan is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Looks fantastic, you should have gone for blue ripjaws though.

What did you use to bend the curves in the metal so smoothly? Oh, and what's it like temps wize?
adidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Nov 2011, 11:59   #25
[ZiiP] NaloaC
I Mod, Therefore I Own

[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Very nice and tidy build, kudos!
Sui Generis: i7 920, Corsair H50, 6GB Dominator C7 1600, EVGA x58 SLI LE, Corsair F3 120GB SSD & Samsung EVO 250GB SSD, Samsung F3 1TB x 2, Sapphire R9 290, Corsair HX850W, Corsair Obsidian 800D, Iiyama 26" Prolite, Logitech G15, Logitech G5, Sennheiser PC350.
[ZiiP] NaloaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Nov 2011, 12:01   #26
yassarikhan786
Ultramodder(Not)

yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
What a lovely machine. I love it .
|| Motherboard: Asus P8P67 Pro (B3) || CPU: i7 2600k || Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 580 Super OC || Memory: Mushkin Blackline 8GB || SSD: Corsair Force 3 120GB || HDD: WD Caviar Black 2TB || CPU Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 || Power Supply: BeQuiet Dark Power Pro P9 750W || Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D || Monitor(s): Dell U2410 + HP w1907v || Keyboard: Logitech G510 || Mouse: Razer DeathAdder
yassarikhan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Nov 2011, 12:32   #27
kelvinb
BF3 Username - D0rmarth

kelvinb is definitely a rep cheat.kelvinb is definitely a rep cheat.kelvinb is definitely a rep cheat.kelvinb is definitely a rep cheat.kelvinb is definitely a rep cheat.kelvinb is definitely a rep cheat.kelvinb is definitely a rep cheat.kelvinb is definitely a rep cheat.kelvinb is definitely a rep cheat.kelvinb is definitely a rep cheat.kelvinb is definitely a rep cheat.
very very nice well done
Old 25th Nov 2011, 23:36   #28
soul_train
Multimodder

soul_train has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Nice project m8 when we gonna see the V.2 with WC
soul_train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Nov 2011, 00:00   #29
Tulatin
The Froggy Poster

Tulatin has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Wonderfully designed and executed, but I have to ask - where did you get the 90 degree molexes?
Tulatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Dec 2011, 23:40   #30
KoSoVaR^
Professional Sleever & Modder

KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Great work!
I really love how it turned out
KoSoVaR^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Dec 2011, 00:03   #31
Hannes
Design | Art | Performance

Hannes has yet to learn the way of the DremelHannes has yet to learn the way of the DremelHannes has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Saw these last picture and said to myself - Hmm, nice case, wonder what brand it is. So I had to check back a page and then I saw that you did it yourself. Perfect Nuno!
Hannes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Dec 2011, 00:21   #32
kenco_uk
I unsuccessfully then tried again

kenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyankenco_uk is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Nice, crisp and clean work.
Old 6th Dec 2011, 23:24   #33
Gambo
What's a Dremel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidan View Post
Looks fantastic, you should have gone for blue ripjaws though.

What did you use to bend the curves in the metal so smoothly? Oh, and what's it like temps wize?
Yeah.. those were cheaper!
I do have the blue ripjaws heatsinks and was to change them but got some wrong thermalpads, and never actually did it.. but, never say never..

the curved metal I just used a small plastic tube as guide, and bend the sheet with my hands

funny you ask about the temps... I never really kept track on that.
I'll check it out next time I'm able.

Thanks adidan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_train View Post
Nice project m8 when we gonna see the V.2 with WC
oh man.. you don't give up! You already saw the case in person and know that it isn't possible!!! case would have to be completely redone.

we're still to make something together my friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulatin View Post
Wonderfully designed and executed, but I have to ask - where did you get the 90 degree molexes?
Thank you!
do you mean the sata power plugs? got it from MDPC-X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannes View Post
Saw these last picture and said to myself - Hmm, nice case, wonder what brand it is. So I had to check back a page and then I saw that you did it yourself. Perfect Nuno!
thanks Hannes! really appreciate it!
but I'll have to disagree with you on that last one. It's far from perfect!
False modesty aside, I am proud of it, however there's several little "thingies" that could have gone better, and I can only blame my lack of experience and skill.

Nevertheless It's always a pleasure to hear compliments from you my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ZiiP] NaloaC View Post
Very nice and tidy build, kudos!
Quote:
Originally Posted by yassarikhan786 View Post
What a lovely machine. I love it .
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvinb View Post
very very nice well done
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoSoVaR^ View Post
Great work!
I really love how it turned out
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenco_uk View Post
Nice, crisp and clean work.
And for all of the above, a big thanks!
Hope you enjoy it as much as I.
Old 8th Dec 2011, 10:39   #34
SunkiiSh
Minimodder

SunkiiSh has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I usually don't like mini-PCs, but i got a bit inspired by this one actually! Very good job indeed! Keep it going! :-D

Case mod in progress: Black&White (N' some blue)
SunkiiSh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Dec 2011, 10:41   #35
SunkiiSh
Minimodder

SunkiiSh has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Oh, and also:

+Subscribed!
+5! (why can't i give 5 to you..? The field is gone :-( But it's the thought that counts, right?)

*EDIT
HEHE just read the first page, found out that there was another one now
Too bad that it was finished, but the end result was REALLY nice! Good work!
:-)

Case mod in progress: Black&White (N' some blue)

Last edited by SunkiiSh; 8th Dec 2011 at 10:47.
SunkiiSh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Dec 2011, 03:31   #36
The_Gnu
8-bit addict

The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.The_Gnu is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Really impressive work.
I really like the black and blue theme, to bad that the RAM sink is red. It would have looked really nice with a anodized dark blue sink instead, but it's not like the manufacturers let you choose.

looking forward to the next build

Project: ProtoHype (paused)
Project: GET A LIFE (Complete)
Project: Widescreen Projector(Complete)
Guide: How to brush Aluminum
The_Gnu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Dec 2011, 06:32   #37
voigts
Hypermodder

voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.voigts is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Very nicely done. It takes some doing to fit a lot into a small case. it is so much easier to make a large case.
Old 10th Dec 2011, 09:41   #38
Hannes
Design | Art | Performance

Hannes has yet to learn the way of the DremelHannes has yet to learn the way of the DremelHannes has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo View Post
thanks Hannes! really appreciate it!
but I'll have to disagree with you on that last one. It's far from perfect!
False modesty aside, I am proud of it, however there's several little "thingies" that could have gone better, and I can only blame my lack of experience and skill.

Nevertheless It's always a pleasure to hear compliments from you my friend.
Well, you perfected it with the tools you had by the point you made it. You should be proud of it. :-) Experience and skill develop. This build is well made and I wasn't just complimenting you when I said that I thought it was a bought case, I really thought it was because it's execution was almost inhumanly done. ;-)
Hannes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Dec 2011, 12:07   #39
z3bb0
Minimodder

z3bb0 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
very very nice
z3bb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Dec 2011, 13:10   #40
wejjy
Hypermodder

wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Wow, you work fast, I love this, and the size is perfect! In the build I didnt quite realise how small it was but on seeing it finished it looks great! Congrats!
Coolermaster Cosmos II | 3770k @ 4.5Ghz | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 16gb Corsair Vengeance | 2 x EVGA 680's Sli'd | 256gb Samsung SSD | 4 x 2TB Samsung Spinpoints | Asus Xonar | Fully Immersed in Beautiful H2O using EK's Finest + Aquacomputer Aquaero 5XT
Interior Des(k)ign | BitPac | Bitfenix Prodigy Stacker
Modding is addictive!![/CENTER]
wejjy is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode