bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 4th Apr 2012, 02:04   #181
paultan
R E V E N T O N

paultan is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.paultan is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.paultan is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.paultan is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.paultan is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.paultan is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.paultan is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.paultan is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.paultan is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.paultan is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.paultan is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Thanks guys for the very nice comments
paultan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Apr 2012, 09:46   #182
Vetalar
*learning english*

Vetalar has yet to learn the way of the DremelVetalar has yet to learn the way of the DremelVetalar has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
well i saw painted mobo... but i'd better make some 'shield' like on p67 sabertooth... no risk, no warranty voiding... and there still a lot of color on MB - solder, SMDs etc...
Vetalar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Apr 2012, 12:53   #183
KayinBlack
I Endure

KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.
I'm gonna have to come up with something better than that now. However, that looks great. Very nice job painting, BTW. That doesn't look that easy to paint.
KayinBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Apr 2012, 20:22   #184
dream1
Multimodder

dream1 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Wow just wow no words, no comments.
dream1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Apr 2012, 23:37   #185
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
As long as you test your mobo 100% before doing something like this & it's good & you don't like the colour scheme of the mobo this is an awesome thing to do.

Was brave & nutty to go & try this & was a slightly worrying part of the log but it worked out excellent.

I have seen a fully painted mobo before but this is far better thought out & applied.

Last edited by Waynio; 4th Apr 2012 at 23:44.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Apr 2012, 02:48   #186
Stem83
Addicted to modding.

Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Stem83 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Also a good way to do it.. fill the ram, usb, sound and PCI sockets with old/faulty components then you dont get paint in the wrong places and wear the sockets with the repetitive use.

Glad it worked out for you anyhow. nice one for being crazy brave.
Stem83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Apr 2012, 10:13   #187
paultan
R E V E N T O N

paultan is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.paultan is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.paultan is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.paultan is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.paultan is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.paultan is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.paultan is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.paultan is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.paultan is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.paultan is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.paultan is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetalar View Post
well i saw painted mobo... but i'd better make some 'shield' like on p67 sabertooth... no risk, no warranty voiding... and there still a lot of color on MB - solder, SMDs etc...
I'm still sketching my plan for the cover of this mobo. And I'm not yet finish with cleaning the caps. Hoenstly, all I care about is to achieve my design. No compromises with designs. That's how sensitive I work and design my projects. That's why all my 3 projects are all personal computers. Because not everyone will like my methods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayinBlack View Post
I'm gonna have to come up with something better than that now. However, that looks great. Very nice job painting, BTW. That doesn't look that easy to paint.
Thanks! Just make sure not to over paint it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream1 View Post
Wow just wow no words, no comments.
thanks dude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
As long as you test your mobo 100% before doing something like this & it's good & you don't like the colour scheme of the mobo this is an awesome thing to do.

Was brave & nutty to go & try this & was a slightly worrying part of the log but it worked out excellent.

I have seen a fully painted mobo before but this is far better thought out & applied.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stem83 View Post
Also a good way to do it.. fill the ram, usb, sound and PCI sockets with old/faulty components then you dont get paint in the wrong places and wear the sockets with the repetitive use.

Glad it worked out for you anyhow. nice one for being crazy brave.
Hehe honestly, that's what I have in mind before I painted the board. Make sure everything is 100% working. So I would know if I broke the motherboard along the modding process.

That's a good habit to do, whenever you're planning to void warranties and make some extreme mods. give atleast 1 month to test all your hardwares, if possible, OC them too and maybe tons of gaming or hardcore workloads Before proceeding to your modding session

Thanks Waynio!

UPDATE:
redesign my mod for the Corsair AirFlow Fan2 and Corsair AirFlow PRO

took me 1 hour to remove and mount the stickers

weeeeewwwwhhh~!

Old 5th Apr 2012, 13:20   #188
nagyizom
Supermodder

nagyizom has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnagyizom has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnagyizom has yet to learn the way of the Dremelnagyizom has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
WOW! Cool Stuff!

Previous mods: |Sandcrawler Mod| |Illuminated Mind| |Graphite5|

Follow me on Facebook
nagyizom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Apr 2012, 23:37   #189
amagriva
Multimodder

amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.amagriva is definitely a rep cheat.
Wow Paultan! Bold experiment! I liked it at first glance (not as an afterthought when all has gone OK...)

Obviously if you like Lambos your perception of "safe" is wayyyy beyond common people one!

Just to make you a bit envious, as I'm of your supreme modding skills and ingenuity, I live at 25 Km to Lambos factory and if you drive near S.Agata Bolognese (the tiny village where the factory lies) you can sometimes have the privilege to be " dopplerized" by Lambo testers.

Mod On!!!

Dopplerized: (Growl of Lambo approaching) aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-uu- (Yellow flash overtakes your poor- man Fiat)-oooooooooooo(Growl of Lambo decreasing, slightly changed by doppler effect)-mmmnnnnn-(Growl fading, yellow point vanishing on the road, your arms relax on the steering wheel and you realize you have wetted your pants...

Last edited by amagriva; 9th Apr 2012 at 20:16. Reason: A bit of compassion for an old man's coronary. In France they say touchè but I find the word weak for 32 rows of clutching at straws..
amagriva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Apr 2012, 23:47   #190
Nutman
Never stuck with stock@Hotmods.net

Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Well, modding is all about voiding warranties, going new ways and trying crazy stuff.
I think paultan excels in all 3.

Project: Nutman - Sponsored by: Coolerkit - Specialtech - EK Waterblocks
Nutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Apr 2012, 20:59   #191
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
"I'll leave this up for 2 days to make sure you see this invisible troll"
Cut it short to 1, I really didn't like doing that but I needed to.

Revised RAM cooler mod is excellent, surprised you felt the need to revise something so good but yeah, it's an upgrade.

And sorry for replying to the troll in your quality log Paul, really I am.

Last edited by Waynio; 7th Apr 2012 at 12:27. Reason: Said what I needed to & edited out like said but a day short, a full day is long enough for something like that.
Old 6th Apr 2012, 21:15   #192
Razer2007
Building Proxima

Razer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the DremelRazer2007 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Well done Paul, the work is awesome but very risky as we have clearly seen with some comments... ahem...

Keep up the cool work. It's what makes us coming back all the time.
------------------------------------------------------
Razer2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Apr 2012, 04:24   #193
Foregasm
Multimodder

Foregasm has yet to learn the way of the Dremel

i've got to go change my pants now
Foregasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Apr 2012, 14:31   #194
paultan
R E V E N T O N

Old 10th Apr 2012, 18:12   #195
KayinBlack
I Endure

KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.
Those look like mini-PCIE SSDs. Are they?
Old 11th Apr 2012, 02:44   #196
paultan
R E V E N T O N

sad to say it's not

it's for the GPUs
Old 11th Apr 2012, 02:46   #197
KayinBlack
I Endure

Wouldn't happen to be add-on VRMs then would it?

Don't tell me you got hold of one of those 3 GPU MXM cards. Yes, I knew they existed. I even tried to get one myself. It seemed to be impossible.
Old 11th Apr 2012, 11:30   #198
paultan
R E V E N T O N

planning for the side panel

what do you think?

Old 11th Apr 2012, 13:51   #199
SilveR_172
Supermodder

SilveR_172 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSilveR_172 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Like the ideas for the side very sleek !
SilveR_172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Apr 2012, 00:01   #200
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Sharp, dark & very neat.

You sure know how to compliment a case with detail that looks stock.

Tags
batman, coolermaster, dark knight, mod, paultan

View Mode