View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?
Custom coloured/made cables 6 54.55%
Sleeved cables with heatshrink 1 9.09%
Paracord cables without heatshrink 4 36.36%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 8th Mar 2012, 18:32   #121
wejjy
Hypermodder

wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Update 8/3/2012 - Cannot believe Ive been nominated for mod of the month!!

So I cracked on at my workshop for a couple of hours yesterday, determined to get this thing finished, but again a plan arose! If you can work it out Im offering a 120mm phobya waterproof fan to the winner...haha. Here's your one and only clue! If you look closely there are markings on the panel, the markings say 170mmx170mm... guess away!

Anyway, fun over! Onto the buildlog progress, last time round I figured how to mount the Res's invisibly as I didnt like the brackets I previously used, so heres how it all fits...

So you basically tighten the four grub screws to align it in the hole perfectly and jobs done, hidden and strong, just what I like!

Then I tack welded the two rear panels in place.

Didnt like the rad mounting option still but Ive now sorted it again, the fourth incarnation!

Still waiting on the rear IO panel from LD so used an old one for now to roughly measure things up, fitted the mobo tray in place first and then started off with the square measuring and measuring again.

Happy with the size and fit of the rear mobo panel so started cutting...

The cables will all run through here as they will be attached to various gizmos, all will become clear! Rasduino contained!

This is the case with the skeleton complete for the first time! Hooray, its off to be powder coated soon, meanwhile I'll be working on the electronics, vero board, arduino, and soldering iron at the ready!

Ive also worked outed an awesome way to paracord cables...its easy and neat and tidy without the obligatory burned fingers! I will put a post in the modding section soon and link it here, hope it helps!

Also Ive noticed Ive been nominated for the Mod of the Month! Which Im absolutely made up about!!!! So thank you all for your support!

Thanks again for the support from sponsors:

Coolermaster Cosmos II | 3770k @ 4.5Ghz | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 16gb Corsair Vengeance | 2 x EVGA 680's Sli'd | 256gb Samsung SSD | 4 x 2TB Samsung Spinpoints | Asus Xonar | Fully Immersed in Beautiful H2O using EK's Finest + Aquacomputer Aquaero 5XT
Interior Des(k)ign | BitPac | Bitfenix Prodigy Stacker
Modding is addictive!![/CENTER]

Last edited by wejjy; 10th Mar 2012 at 17:50.
wejjy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Mar 2012, 19:01   #122
Bladesingerz
Supermodder

Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
You got my vote man! You deserve to win it !
Bladesingerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Mar 2012, 07:54   #123
wejjy
Hypermodder

wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladesingerz View Post
You got my vote man! You deserve to win it !
Thanks pal, I really appreciate your support!
Coolermaster Cosmos II | 3770k @ 4.5Ghz | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 16gb Corsair Vengeance | 2 x EVGA 680's Sli'd | 256gb Samsung SSD | 4 x 2TB Samsung Spinpoints | Asus Xonar | Fully Immersed in Beautiful H2O using EK's Finest + Aquacomputer Aquaero 5XT
Old 10th Mar 2012, 11:36   #124
wejjy
Hypermodder

Nobody wants a Phobya 120mm fan for free?!? Whats the world coming to?
Old 10th Mar 2012, 14:15   #125
catsol75
What's a Dremel?

catsol75 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
my guess would be a mini itx board in the 17x17
catsol75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Mar 2012, 14:26   #126
wejjy
Hypermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsol75 View Post
my guess would be a mini itx board in the 17x17
Correctimondo! PM me your address and i'll get it posted out to you next week mate!
Old 10th Mar 2012, 17:41   #127
wejjy
Hypermodder

I received the I/O shield from LD Cooling, its awesome, the quality is truly amazing. Rather than tapping the holes they press little inserts into them, and the blanking plates etc are just all perfect, I cant rate them highly enough! The powder coating quality is top notch too, thanks guys. I'll be fitting this tomorrow hopefully!

The case is off to the powder coaters next week, so it'll be onto the wiring etc next, I'll try to update things mid week if possible. Im excited about seeing it all in paint! Then its the fun bit, water + hardware!!!

Also gotta make the monitor bracket, Ive sorted it all on paper, just need to crack the welder out and get on with it, it will look like the monitors are floating, and will allow them to rotate from landscape to portrait, all in eyefinity setup, with this..... Soon to be 2!

See you all soon!
Old 11th Mar 2012, 02:37   #128
Bladesingerz
Supermodder

Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Will you be building a wallmount fully from scratch? Or will you use some brackets to attach to the back of the screen?
Old 11th Mar 2012, 18:20   #129
wejjy
Hypermodder

Quote:
Will you be building a wallmount fully from scratch? Or will you use some brackets to attach to the back of the screen?
Im hacking the original dell mounts a little to steal the swivelling brackets from them, but I will be making the majority from scratch as its the only way to make it appear invisible. It needs to be low profile but have lots of adjustment so its only custom that will do I think.
Old 13th Mar 2012, 16:39   #130
wejjy
Hypermodder

Poll added, please vote even if you are just passing through as I would like as many opinions as possible? Thanks!
Old 17th Mar 2012, 10:19   #131
wejjy
Hypermodder

The poll looks interesting so far, not what I expected though! But good!
Old 19th Mar 2012, 21:21   #132
wejjy
Hypermodder

Very brief update, and shoddy photos as I took them in a hurry sorry. Better ones will follow soon I promise, its just a start as theres a tonne of wiring to do on this one!

So I removed all of the original cables from the Phobya fans I have, and bolted them onto a rad grill I have with the correct spacings so I could work on the back of the fans. I then set about making my custom cables from scratch! Heres the progress...

And the finished product...

DONT PANIC! I have designed some custom stickers to go over the old phobya ones that will also match the rest of the fans as I have Silverstone ones in there too, more to come soon folks!

Ordering some bits and pieces for the m-itx build soon. Should I do the build log seperately to this one until I combine the PC into the desk, or run it inside this log, thoughts please?
Old 19th Mar 2012, 23:57   #133
Zoubiey
What's a Dremel?

Zoubiey has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Have possible missed it but where will the PSU be?
Zoubiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Mar 2012, 16:17   #134
Bladesingerz
Supermodder

I think you should just do the m-itx build log here, after all, it will be inside this desk right?

I still don't understand what you plan to do with it though...
Old 21st Mar 2012, 21:36   #135
wejjy
Hypermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoubiey View Post
Have possible missed it but where will the PSU be?
Aha, the first person to ask! Thank you! It will be at the rear, behind the IO panel, there is a gap due to the shape of the desk, it will be covered dont worry, but hidden away!

Quote:
I think you should just do the m-itx build log here, after all, it will be inside this desk right?

I still don't understand what you plan to do with it though...
I agree, and since you are the only person to comment, its unanimous! Thanks Blade! All will become clear dont worry, Im working on a sketchup model to show my plans and try to get some feedback on, but it keeps changing all the time so its taking a while... Will happen soon I promise!
Old 21st Mar 2012, 21:37   #136
wejjy
Hypermodder

A little more progress today, although its not very orderly as Im doing the final few jobs really befor paint. I fitted the IO panel, but have run out of gas for the welder and cannot get any until Friday so had to resort to just getting the prep done, which was frustrating.

Here's what I managed to get completed today then, bear with me!

First up I carefully dropped the motherboard of all motherboards into the gap it will live in soon, so that I could measure the IO panels placement correctly... After a little fiddling I marked it up on the backplate

Marked up

Then I set about the rear panel with mi trusty plasma cutter, steadily cutting the required shape out...

After a little work with the file to smoothe the edges nicely, it looked like this...

Once welded it will be part of the rear panel rather than being screwed/rivetted on, ie seamless, which is the look I wanted.

Its held in here with masking tape, as I said before, Im out of 'Cougar' for the welder, so friday evening this will be getting welded in proper.

To speed things up, I prepped the side panels for paint a while ago, so today since I was limited for time, I wiped them down with a bit of de-greaser aka IPA, and a tak-cloth and put the first coat of etch primer on. Its gone on well, thin coats with a minute or two in between, no runs, no sags and even! Perfect! Next is the top coats!

And the other side...

And finally, one glory shot, had to put this on just to give you all an idea of the final overall
look im going for... Hope you like it...

Thanks again for looking, comments are always welcomed!

Thanks again for the support from sponsors:

Old 21st Mar 2012, 21:41   #137
Fuganater
Supermodder

Fuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run CrysisFuganater can run Crysis
The backplate is going to be sick!
Old 21st Mar 2012, 21:52   #138
wejjy
Hypermodder

Thanks pal! Its something different, its so hard to be original with so many awesome modders coming up with ideas all of the time!
Old 22nd Mar 2012, 06:29   #139
kelmannen
Supermodder

kelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by wejjy View Post
*snip*

Then I set about the rear panel with mi trusty plasma cutter, steadily cutting the required shape out...

*snip*

After a little work with the file to smoothe the edges nicely, it looked like this...
Gimme! i want that file that makes backplates! =P

I want a surfboard! (ITX) silent surfstation

Hopes that i someday completes my first scratchbuild...
kelmannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Mar 2012, 07:56   #140
Votick
My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

Votick is definitely a rep cheat.Votick is definitely a rep cheat.Votick is definitely a rep cheat.Votick is definitely a rep cheat.Votick is definitely a rep cheat.Votick is definitely a rep cheat.Votick is definitely a rep cheat.Votick is definitely a rep cheat.Votick is definitely a rep cheat.Votick is definitely a rep cheat.Votick is definitely a rep cheat.
First thread I have ever subscribed to on this forum.
Looks amazing can't wait to see if finished and the hardware WOW!!!

I hope your daughter is recovering well too.

| Apple Mac Mini (late 2012) | Intel® Core™ i7-3720QM 2.6GHz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600mhz |
|Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD | LG IPS225V X 2 |

http://stats.bish.pro/
http://uk.linkedin.com/in/cbishop92/
Votick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
desk mod, dual loop, sr2, watercooled

View Mode