View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?
Custom coloured/made cables 6 54.55%
Sleeved cables with heatshrink 1 9.09%
Paracord cables without heatshrink 4 36.36%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 24th Apr 2012, 19:53   #161
Tattysnuc
Thinking about which mod to do 1st.

Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I read somewhere that PCI extenders can cause issues with graphics cards but I can't see why - it's just a bit more copper between you cpu and the card, and statistically, it's not a long piece. Be interested to hear how you get on.

I do love the idea of multiple pc's in a single case - if only Microsoft Windows could somehow link them to form a single computer - imagine the power of being able to use the power of one computer to do day to day tasks, and then bring more online as and when you need it. If only....
Tattysnuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Apr 2012, 20:55   #162
kelmannen
Supermodder

kelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
great progress, really like the mounting of the gpu, quite different =)

Hopes that i someday completes my first scratchbuild...
kelmannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Apr 2012, 09:18   #163
fr0Zen
sabertooth 990FX

fr0Zen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfr0Zen has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattysnuc View Post
I do love the idea of multiple pc's in a single case - if only Microsoft Windows could somehow link them to form a single computer - imagine the power of being able to use the power of one computer to do day to day tasks, and then bring more online as and when you need it. If only....
you can cluster them if you have more than 3 computers, but you sadly dont get 300% preformance
Old 25th Apr 2012, 10:13   #164
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wejjy View Post
Thanks again for the kind words, its quiet in here still though isnt it!?!
Yeah seem to get semi quiet patches sometimes in modding, doesn't mean this isn't awesome though because it is, this is the real lean & green too very lean.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2012, 11:19   #165
wejjy
Hypermodder

wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
It seems to have been quiet for a few weeks now - maybe Easter holidays hangover or something.

Love the straight lines of your build - that partition with the pass through just looks so classy.

Did you always intend to have 2 rigs in there?

Also, be careful planning where that GPU goes - if you do decide to water cool it later, you may find your options curtailed somewhat, but you already knew that.

Have you fired up the SR2 yet?

Glad to hear your daughters recovering well.
Thanks mate, its nice to hear which aspects people like or dislike, and the pass through thingy took a bit of thought, I couldnt work out how to keep the two areas seperate and the clean lines ipuntil that idea popped into my head!

I didnt always intend on having two rigs no, only one to start with, but I wanted a machine specifically for developing on so this idea was born.

SR-2 is still lying dormant, soon to be awoken! Yep daughter is doing well, got an MRI soon to check...

Quote:
I read somewhere that PCI extenders can cause issues with graphics cards but I can't see why - it's just a bit more copper between you cpu and the card, and statistically, it's not a long piece. Be interested to hear how you get on.

Im hoping the PCI extender is ok, if not I will have to improvise (make something!) I will definitely post my findings! As for multiple PC's its a cool idea but it would surely just make windows less stable! Hehe! Im running Lion on the second PC as its far more stable in my experience, and I need that for coding and testing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmannen View Post
great progress, really like the mounting of the gpu, quite different =)
Thanks pal, its really hard to be original in this day and age, so many modders with so many ideas, Im trying to be differentand glad you like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
Yeah seem to get semi quiet patches sometimes in modding, doesn't mean this isn't awesome though because it is, this is the real lean & green too very lean.
Not to worry, its good to hear from a few guys and to have comments about it thats all. Thanks though for your kind words, and to be called lean and green wow, thats awesome!

Thanks guys!
Coolermaster Cosmos II | 3770k @ 4.5Ghz | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 16gb Corsair Vengeance | 2 x EVGA 680's Sli'd | 256gb Samsung SSD | 4 x 2TB Samsung Spinpoints | Asus Xonar | Fully Immersed in Beautiful H2O using EK's Finest + Aquacomputer Aquaero 5XT
Interior Des(k)ign | BitPac | Bitfenix Prodigy Stacker
Modding is addictive!![/CENTER]
wejjy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2012, 11:27   #166
wejjy
Hypermodder

wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.wejjy is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Ok, so over the past few days the progress has been slow and steady, I hate painting things! Originally the case was to be sent to the powdercoaters, but I decided against this as I have the equipment to paint it myself, and I missed my deadline for the drop off to the friendly powdercoaters!

So I prepped the metalwork with IPA and a tack rag, and put on a very thin coat of etch primer, it was cold so the cats were applied in very thin layers and left to flash for a little longer than normal.

After the primer had dried for a couple of days and I next had an opportunity to get to the workshop, I rubbed it doen with a scotch pad (red) and then IPA'd and tack ragged it again. Then I started applying the satin black top coat...

Left it for a couple more days to ensure the paint was ready to start messing about with. In the meantime I took home the trays that sit inside the case and started to put the Dinoc on. I know this stuff has been used a lot in the last few months on builds, but I really like it and its only overkill if you use it everywhere, I plan only to use it in specific areas to enhance the looks rather than detract from it.

Here's the results so far...

There are a few more subtle areas that will be dinoc'd but thats the main areas done for now.

I then started making a few bits for the electronics in the build, only simple stuff for now. The Aquaero will control most things but I want the fans in channels so I needed to make some headers to keep the cabling tidy. Heres what came next...

These will fit underneath the trays and will be controlled via the Aquaero and will make removal of fans and hardware so much easier.

When I finally got back to the workshop, I started building up and wiring the HDD caddy in the left 'wing' of the case, heres how I got on. Ive ordered some sticky pads for the cable tidying and some Adhesive backed Velcro for the SSD mounting, as soon as all the cooling hardware is in, Im hoping to take it home to finish!

Slowly tidying it all as I go...

Reservoirs mounted...

Fan fitted to the right wing

Thats pretty much it for now guys, as I ran out of time, next time will be a big update, Im really excited now as its progressing rather than still in the cutting and modding stages, soon I will have a fully functioning PC!

Thanks!
Coolermaster Cosmos II | 3770k @ 4.5Ghz | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 16gb Corsair Vengeance | 2 x EVGA 680's Sli'd | 256gb Samsung SSD | 4 x 2TB Samsung Spinpoints | Asus Xonar | Fully Immersed in Beautiful H2O using EK's Finest + Aquacomputer Aquaero 5XT

Last edited by wejjy; 2nd Jun 2012 at 21:31.
Old 3rd May 2012, 13:14   #167
Bladesingerz
Hypermodder

Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Nice work wejjy! That collor is awesome! Also love the carbon look you have to the 2 panels, I hope they fit into the picture!
Bladesingerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2012, 14:50   #168
Paslis
Supermodder

Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Nice paint job wejjy look great so far.
Project Ignotus
Paslis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2012, 18:19   #169
kelmannen
Supermodder

kelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
looking good wejjy! paint is always nice

Hopes that i someday completes my first scratchbuild...
kelmannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2012, 20:24   #170
dbradford32
Multimodder

dbradford32 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Looks great! I love the carbon fiber accents. I think carbon is my favorite material, next to titanium and 7005 and 6061 t-6 aircraft aluminum!
Old 22nd May 2012, 11:17   #171
Tattysnuc

Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I'm loving the tidy cabling....
Old 22nd May 2012, 11:18   #172
Tattysnuc

.... and as for using veroboard.... genius! I haven't see that stuff since school
Old 23rd May 2012, 16:12   #173
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wejjy View Post
That's an awesome looking piece mate, nice bit of progress there.
Old 24th May 2012, 01:57   #174
KoSoVaR^
Professional Sleever & Modder

KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
It sure is !
KoSoVaR^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jun 2012, 21:31   #175
wejjy
Hypermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladesingerz View Post
Nice work wejjy! That collor is awesome! Also love the carbon look you have to the 2 panels, I hope they fit into the picture!
Thanks pal, they fit nicely so far, Im pleased anyways!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paslis View Post
Nice paint job wejjy look great so far.
Thanks Paslis, just dont look at my welding

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmannen View Post
looking good wejjy! paint is always nice
Yeah a huge hurdle overcome now, im pleased its getting somewhere finally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbradford32 View Post
Looks great! I love the carbon fiber accents. I think carbon is my favorite material, next to titanium and 7005 and 6061 t-6 aircraft aluminum!
Thanks! I love all those materials too, but Titanium is a nitemare to work with!

Quote:
I'm loving the tidy cabling....
Im trying, theres just so much of it, doh!

Quote:
Thanks mate, I really like it, just hope it all looks the way Im expecting it to when its complete, Ive set the bar high for myself on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoSoVaR^ View Post
It sure is !
Thank you dude!
Old 2nd Jun 2012, 22:54   #176
wejjy
Hypermodder

Sorry its been such a while, Ive had a busy few weeks, firstly got Burgled and then my car got written off so not been around much lately! Anyway finally got down to the workshop and made some progress, annoyingly the little blighters nicked a rucksack whic had a load of bit in it ready to bring with me, so Im missing a few vital parts but hey, I'll get those ordered after the Bank Hols!

Heres what I managed to do...

First up got the mobo in, its tiny winy!

Think it looks pretty next the Carbon Fibre, shame you wont see much of it as its a tight fit to say the least!

At this point I was still trying to work out a way to hold the res, as the mounts sent with it are just too big, but I figured it later on.

Started on the cables, some are sleeved, others will never be seen so are left, lazy I know but its all hidden and time is precious at the moment.

Never used the spiral stuff before, but due to the tightness of the bends on these parts, it was necessary this time, theyre good, but I prefer the look without them, oh well.

The DVD drives were next, these are fixed to trays with super strong Velcro and then slotted in and fitted in place with shortened M4 capheads.

I had already Dinoc'd the divider at home so here it is prior to being fitted. White carbon fibre effect on the one side facing the SR-2 part of the case, and dark blue on the other for the itx theme...

First of all though I had to install the top DVD drive, and the SSD both were fixed down using the same method as the other DVD drive, it works well. The slot loading DVD drives have been a nitemare!! I ordered adapters for the mini sata and power inputs from Hong Kong off Ebay, waited 3 weeks to find out they had sent me micro ones! Doh, then ordeered the correct ones from Scan which fitted, brought them home to sleeve, put them in my rucksack to bring back and guess what, they nicked my rucksack! So Im back to square one! Waiting!

Then onto the divider.

Finally installed the in and out tubing to the outside of the divider, and hey presto, if I had my adapters the itx PC would be running tonight! Doh!

Some glory shots, sorry I only used my phone so not great but gives you an idea of the look...

Thats all until tomorrow, there'll be more then hopefully on the SR-2 if all goes well.

Thanks again to the following awesome sponsors!

Old 3rd Jun 2012, 01:03   #177
Bladesingerz
Hypermodder

Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Nice progress again! Sorry to hear you got burgled though hope they didn't take much...
Bladesingerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jun 2012, 03:27   #178
Furball Zen
Shut up and Mod

Furball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run Crysis
I missed this build and hence the voting. I opt for no shrink on paracord. Done right its quite nice

Guides: Modular PSU ~ FC foam removal Mods: Blue on Black ~ DVD-ROM Worklog: Acronymus ~ Carbide

@furballzen ~ Admin at Xoxide Forums
Furball Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jun 2012, 03:45   #179
Asouter
--------

Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.
wow, what a difference, it's looking very good

Current Project : BITZA
Asouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jun 2012, 14:29   #180
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Looking excellent wejjy & the penetrator fans make it look like an awesome grill.

I'm gutted about my corsair force gt 120gb though, was getting regular but very random BSOD from it & didn't get support from the shop I bought it from so have an expensive paperweight.
Hopefully you have one that plays nice.

Tags
desk mod, dual loop, sr2, watercooled

View Mode