bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 24th Nov 2011, 08:47   #1
arcticstoat
Who is the Milkman?

arcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysis
Minecraft Review

Block block. Who's there? A Minecraft review, finally.

http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/pc/20...craft-review/1
Old 24th Nov 2011, 08:59   #2
Journeyer
Mod Master

Journeyer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Journeyer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Journeyer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Journeyer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Journeyer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Journeyer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Journeyer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Journeyer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Journeyer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Journeyer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Journeyer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Minecraft is pure awesome wrapped in greatness and sprinkled with digital cocaine.
Sadly I had to tear myself away from it due to a sudden huge demand for my attention from the real world - whatever that is.

ASUS Sabertooth 990FX || FX-8150BE || 16Gb Corsair DDR3 1866Mhz || 2xGTX285 SLI || 2xOCZ Agility 3 120Gb RAID0 for OS
Journeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Nov 2011, 09:06   #3
centy
DFI Nutter

centy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I like it.
I was once without tools, blocks or torches in a deep cave, as my friend block jumped his way out I felt a strange sense of panic and claustrophobia as I realised I was being left behind.
NO other game has ever provoked such a strong feeling in me, this is just one example of why this is such a great game.
centy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Nov 2011, 09:29   #4
TheKrumpet
Once more, into the breach!

TheKrumpet can run CrysisTheKrumpet can run CrysisTheKrumpet can run CrysisTheKrumpet can run CrysisTheKrumpet can run CrysisTheKrumpet can run CrysisTheKrumpet can run CrysisTheKrumpet can run CrysisTheKrumpet can run CrysisTheKrumpet can run CrysisTheKrumpet can run Crysis
Couldn't agree more with this review. One thing I will say though is Minecraft gets truly great if you give yourself a project. Something like creating a massive castle, or a bunch of farms with the produces being routed into a storage area with a bunch of waterways or... well anything you like. Gives yourself a goal and stick at it. There is nothing more satisfying in the realm of gaming as when you put that final block in place.

To quote Moriquendi - "Resistance is Relix" - stonedsurd
TheKrumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Nov 2011, 09:44   #5
PingCrosby
Supermodder

PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.PingCrosby is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I might buy this, first review of it I've read.
PingCrosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Nov 2011, 09:54   #6
steveo_mcg
I Mod, Therefore I Own

steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I keep meaning to play this but on the rare occasion I get half an hour to my self I generally take the opportunity to blast on Altitude. How well does this lend to short bursts of play?
Old 24th Nov 2011, 09:56   #7
Ending Credits
Bunned

Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Ending Credits is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I wouldn't say minecraft lends itself to short burst but you can play like that if you want and it can be quite good for working on specific projects. You'll probably want to spend a few hours on it occasionally though, not to mention the fact that I often involuntarily find myself having wasted a few hours or even a few days on it inadvertantly.
Ending Credits is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Nov 2011, 09:57   #8
MajorTom
Multimodder

MajorTom has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Short bursts of play are difficult. It's addictive and time disappears when you play it. It's no easier to put down that Skyrim for me. I need a few hours at a time to feel like I've accomplished something.

I like Minecraft. It's best with friends.
Old 24th Nov 2011, 09:58   #9
Redd13
Minimodder

Redd13 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Redd13 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Redd13 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Redd13 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Redd13 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Redd13 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Redd13 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Redd13 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Redd13 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Redd13 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Redd13 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
this game should be packaged with windows... its a must have for everyone!
Redd13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Nov 2011, 10:35   #10
B1GBUD
A Paragon of Virtue.... Apparently

B1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming Saiyan
What is a skellington? are you sure it's not a skeleton?

Awesome game BTW, once you pick it up its bloody hard to put down.
( Kid you dont want either only bud is any good lol )
B1GBUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Nov 2011, 10:42   #11
Anneon
Multimodder

Anneon has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
One of the few yet to give it a try. Will put it on my to play list.
Anneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Nov 2011, 10:50   #12
DbD
Supermodder

DbD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DbD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DbD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DbD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DbD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DbD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DbD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DbD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DbD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DbD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DbD is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
My kids have spent hours building fantastical structures. It is digital lego - only much cheaper and tidier.
DbD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Nov 2011, 10:50   #13
loftie
I *am* a Dremel

loftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I know when I first saw minecraft my thoughts were the same as Clives and Harrys. "What the hell is the point of this?" I asked one of my mates. Then we bought it - when it was half price because of someone getting married? - and played it and it was fun.

While it may not look like much, it's very fun to play especially with friends. When we started, we had no idea what we were doing, all we knew was that at night, bad things come for you. Hurrying around gathering as many resources as possible, watching the sunset. Then just before it gets dark, we dug a hole in the ground, and hid for the night. 3 of us in a pitch black hole, trying not to smash eachother in the face with a pickaxe!

I would say to Clive and Harry, give it a go together on multiplayer, and don't look up how to build stuff. :P

The only thing I don't really like about MC, is the performance isn't great imo.
Old 24th Nov 2011, 10:57   #14
yassarikhan786
Ultramodder(Not)

yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Really good review. I will try this game at some point, but at the moment I am too engaged in other games like BF3 .
|| Motherboard: Asus P8P67 Pro (B3) || CPU: i7 2600k || Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 580 Super OC || Memory: Mushkin Blackline 8GB || SSD: Corsair Force 3 120GB || HDD: WD Caviar Black 2TB || CPU Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 || Power Supply: BeQuiet Dark Power Pro P9 750W || Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D || Monitor(s): Dell U2410 + HP w1907v || Keyboard: Logitech G510 || Mouse: Razer DeathAdder
yassarikhan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Nov 2011, 11:10   #15
chemo
True Jungle Brother

chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.chemo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
this game is such a change of pace from the normal fps/drive sim's etc.
its made even better if you find a decent server to join
chemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Nov 2011, 11:40   #16
Yemerich
I can has PERSUADETRON?

Yemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitYemerich is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
What about the aether mod? does it still works with v1.0 of minecraft?
Aether is a MUST have for minecraft.
Hades (Best advanced casemod design CP-Brazil 2010)

Take a look on my projects here.
Yemerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Nov 2011, 11:45   #17
XXAOSICXX
Supermodder

XXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitXXAOSICXX is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1GBUD
What is a skellington? are you sure it's not a skeleton?
*facepalm*
XXAOSICXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Nov 2011, 12:12   #18
Sutura
Modder

Sutura has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Very accurate review. Really good observations in the conclusion. I fall for the latter group 'don't like minecraft'. I just don't get it and the graphics..huh. I just don't want to spend time in it, time I can spend in SC2 getting into upper devision
Old 24th Nov 2011, 13:11   #19
Xir
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.
Ah...now it makes sense.
In the Demo I played, there's neither resource gathering nor crafting.
Just appearing/disappearing blocks, never understood what's so cool about it.
X1800XT 512mb Sapphire
200GB Samsung SP2004C 24" Asus something 1920x1080
Xir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Nov 2011, 14:04   #20
misterd77
Multimodder

misterd77 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
whats left AFTER the dragon ?.....the propensity for geeks to geek out always amazes me, If I played this, my mates would slag me to the point of me commiting hari kari, "aww look, he built a pretty castle, its got a garden and waterfall, how cute", now, if it had a deathmatch feature, or even a challenge mode, it might interest me, imagine having just 30 minutes to build defenses before your hit with 30 dudes intent on destruction, then the idea of building structures has meaning, otherwise its pointless....
misterd77 is offline   Reply With Quote