bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 29th Nov 2011, 08:03   #1
arcticstoat
Who is the Milkman?

arcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysis
Hardware 29 – We are not Server Admins

Now that both Intel and AMD have released their next-gen, super-fast processors, James, Clive, Paul and Antony gather in a dingy room to discuss the fall-out. We should stress that this isn’t a server room, so they’re still a bit disappointed by what amounts to a pair of server CPUs in consumer guise...

http://www.bit-tech.net/blog/podcast...a-server-room/
Old 29th Nov 2011, 09:16   #2
scott_chegg
It's a tool.

scott_chegg should be considered for presidentscott_chegg should be considered for presidentscott_chegg should be considered for presidentscott_chegg should be considered for presidentscott_chegg should be considered for presidentscott_chegg should be considered for presidentscott_chegg should be considered for presidentscott_chegg should be considered for presidentscott_chegg should be considered for presidentscott_chegg should be considered for presidentscott_chegg should be considered for president
I'm a server admin. :-)
My System: i5 2500K @ 4.7Ghz | MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz | Corsair H-50 Push-Pull with Silent Eagle 2000's | Silverstone Raven RV03 | EVGA 670 FTW | Dell SP2309W | Antec 750W TruePower Blue | Win 7 x64 | Crucial 64GB C300 for OS | Samsung 830 256GB for Active Games & a 1TB Samsung for Steam. Perphiperals: Roccat Kone+ Max V2 | CMStorm Quickfire Pro with Cherry Reds | Cyborg F.L.Y 5 stick for flying and a Logitech DF GT for driving.
scott_chegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Nov 2011, 10:26   #3
Hustler
Supermodder

Hustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for president
I Cant download the MP3....'0' byte size file
Hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Nov 2011, 10:35   #4
Claave
You Rebel scum

Claave has yet to learn the way of the DremelClaave has yet to learn the way of the DremelClaave has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustler
We were having some FTP issues last night, it looks like the file's there but we'll give the server shake, bash the side of it and threaten it with violence. Just give us ten minutes or so and try again.

Win more things with CPC and bit-tech
Claave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Nov 2011, 10:36   #5
Jamie
ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Jamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the DremelJamie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustler
I've cleared our CDN cache as it might have been incorrectly cached somewhere. Please try again in a few minutes.
Old 29th Nov 2011, 10:40   #6
Hustler
Supermodder

Hustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for presidentHustler should be considered for president
The violence directed at the FTP worked..)

Happily downloading now..
Hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Nov 2011, 12:45   #7
MaverickWill
Dirty CPC Mackem

MaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run Crysis
Wewt! Back to business!

At the risk of over-stepping the line as a reader/listener, it wasn't that long ago that you guys said the podcasts may be suspended indefinitely. Are you in much of a position to let us know anything about the behind-the-scenes issues at this time?
Old 29th Nov 2011, 12:47   #8
Trefarm
No matter what... It's all good

Trefarm has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Word from Our Sponser... that was a joke right?
Old 29th Nov 2011, 13:36   #9
GravitySmacked
Mostly Harmless

GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Excellent, something decent to listen to on the way home from work tonight.

Find me on Wii U, Xbox Live and PSN under GravitySmacked
GravitySmacked is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Nov 2011, 13:58   #10
MaverickWill
Dirty CPC Mackem

MaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trefarm View Post
Sadly, I don't think so.

I wouldn't have minded so much if Clive had done the pimping, but the generic female voice sounded a bit jarring. Also would have been nice to talk about a specific range of TT gear, as opposed to just "We are Thermaltake. Buy our stuff!". There's been some good reviews of the Overseer chassis, and the Frio works wonders for many people.

Needless to say, the advert's already been edited out on this end.
Old 29th Nov 2011, 14:20   #11
Sutura
Modder

Sutura has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hardware podcaaaast!!! Kaboom baby! In rear with the gear. It's about time Thank you. I want to be part of the podcast, PM to me if you have something that can be done online
Old 29th Nov 2011, 14:44   #12
Claave
You Rebel scum

Claave has yet to learn the way of the DremelClaave has yet to learn the way of the DremelClaave has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickWill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trefarm View Post
Sadly, I don't think so.

I wouldn't have minded so much if Clive had done the pimping, but the generic female voice sounded a bit jarring. Also would have been nice to talk about a specific range of TT gear, as opposed to just "We are Thermaltake. Buy our stuff!". There's been some good reviews of the Overseer chassis, and the Frio works wonders for many people.

Needless to say, the advert's already been edited out on this end.
you want us to blur the boundary between editorial and advertising? Nope, not happening.

Win more things with CPC and bit-tech
Claave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Nov 2011, 16:38   #13
John_T
Supermodder

John_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickWill
[RE: Advertising in the podcasts]
Adapt to survive, I don't see a problem with it. If having adverts ensures the podcasts keep getting made, fine by me.

BTW, for James:

http://www.ebuyer.com/search?q=usb+to+ps2

Never chuck a good keyboard, even a yellowing beige one!
John_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Nov 2011, 17:01   #14
MaverickWill
Dirty CPC Mackem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claave View Post
you want us to blur the boundary between editorial and advertising? Nope, not happening.
Oh, I'm not necessarily saying that. More something along the lines of "This podcast was brought to you by our sponsors Thermaltake, so if you happen to buy a Frio online, tell them we sent you so we get more monies! Yay!"

Heck, even if you or one of the other guys read out the announcement verbatim, it'd be easier on the ears. The continuity in voices might help it sound more appropriate? Just a thought.
Old 29th Nov 2011, 18:55   #15
John_T
Supermodder

John_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the DremelJohn_T has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I can see what you're getting at, and doing it that way wouldn't infringe upon editorial impartiality (like the Shure microphones plug), but, I quite like the sound a woman's voice myself.

Just saying...
John_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Nov 2011, 20:05   #16
Trefarm
No matter what... It's all good

Trefarm has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Just to clarify, I don't have a problem with the adverts.

Bit-tech's popularity is largely based upon how deeply contributors and staff interact with the community, maybe the financial types should consider 'Podcasts' to an aspect of this and not seek to monetize it, but that's an argument for another day.

If your going to have adverts at least try telling the companies involved they can't just give a script to the first girl they see and record what she says in one take.

It was soo amateurish I honestly though you were having a laugh and kept waiting for the punchline.
Old 29th Nov 2011, 20:23   #17
GravitySmacked
Mostly Harmless

GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GravitySmacked is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I have no problems with the advert, it was short and helps run the site.

Find me on Wii U, Xbox Live and PSN under GravitySmacked
GravitySmacked is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Nov 2011, 21:05   #18
Whindog
Supermodder

Whindog has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The add is fine....its only at the start and finish. Takes nothing away from the podcast whilst making sure we stil get podcast and Bit-Tech on a weekly (chuckle) and daily basis.

Keep up the good work guys.
Old 1st Dec 2011, 09:24   #19
javaman
May irritate Eyes

javaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for presidentjavaman should be considered for president
I think we're not seeing more gpu's due to the increasing cost of manufacturing. Look how much trouble the current nodes have given especially in wasted wafers. Manufacturers need to recover some losses before trying to push boundries again. I also wouldn't be surprised if next gen consoles have take up some manufacturing space as well as AMD developing hardware for all the next gen. Both AMD and Nvidia are developing other products like tegra, Llano that not only take up space but other resources. Yes they probably have separate design teams but there's bound to be some overlap. I imagine the shareholders of AMD jumpy enough after bulldozer without the company trying to rush out another product just to meet an imaginary deadline.
javaman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Dec 2011, 10:46   #20
Lizard
@ Scan R&D

Lizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run CrysisLizard can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_T
BTW, for James:

http://www.ebuyer.com/search?q=usb+to+ps2

Never chuck a good keyboard, even a yellowing beige one!
Thanks mate, have some rep
Lizard is offline   Reply With Quote