bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 11th Jan 2013, 18:50   #1
lancer778544
isnt really an ultramodder...

lancer778544 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlancer778544 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlancer778544 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlancer778544 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlancer778544 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlancer778544 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlancer778544 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlancer778544 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlancer778544 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlancer778544 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlancer778544 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
More Java Security Issues - Disable Java If Not Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuters
(Reuters) - The U.S. Department of Homeland Security urged computer users to disable Oracle Corp's Java software, amplifying security experts' prior warnings to hundreds of millions of consumers and businesses that use it to surf the Web.

Hackers have figured out how to exploit Java to install malicious software enabling them to commit crimes ranging from identity theft to making an infected computer part of an ad-hoc network of computers that can be used to attack websites.

"We are currently unaware of a practical solution to this problem," the Department of Homeland Security's Computer Emergency Readiness Team said in a posting on its website late on Thursday.

"This and previous Java vulnerabilities have been widely targeted by attackers, and new Java vulnerabilities are likely to be discovered," the agency said. "To defend against this and future Java vulnerabilities, disable Java in Web browsers."

Oracle declined to comment on the warning on Friday.
More here. Guide on how to disable Java in browsers here.
AMD FX-8320 | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro | 4GB EVGA GTX 680 Classified | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Corsair CX600 | CM Storm Trooper | Creative Soundblaster X-Fi
lancer778544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jan 2013, 19:27   #2
Evolutionsic
Gives credit where its due

Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.Evolutionsic is definitely a rep cheat.
My microwave use's java please advise if i should disconnect.
Old 11th Jan 2013, 19:36   #3
Cerberus90
petrolhead

Cerberus90 is definitely a rep cheat.Cerberus90 is definitely a rep cheat.Cerberus90 is definitely a rep cheat.Cerberus90 is definitely a rep cheat.Cerberus90 is definitely a rep cheat.Cerberus90 is definitely a rep cheat.Cerberus90 is definitely a rep cheat.Cerberus90 is definitely a rep cheat.Cerberus90 is definitely a rep cheat.Cerberus90 is definitely a rep cheat.Cerberus90 is definitely a rep cheat.
I would presume that for anyone to be able to use the exploit, you'd have to visit a malicious site to begin with, for them to get access to java and run their code to infect you.

Seems a bit of an overreaction to me, sure it's a problem, and should be fixed, but alot of sites use Java, and as long as your not visiting stupid/virus ridden websites, I can't see it causing any problems.

Cerberus90 is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode