bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 1st Feb 2012, 11:22   #201
alastor
I Mod, Therefore I Own

alastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysis
Yeah the nose seems to follow smoothly down to the 550mm maximum, they must be well below the 625mm at the front bulkhead. There's a huge snowplough underneath though, as expected.

Best image so far, the exhausts seem to point towards the rear wheels? Must be aiming for the wings on the ducts.

Last edited by alastor; 1st Feb 2012 at 11:36.
alastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Feb 2012, 11:26   #202
Krazeh
I *am* a Dremel

Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Krazeh is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throbbi View Post
The rake on the nose doesn't look all that steep, have they just made the whole front lower or something?
I think so, it certainly doesn't look like they've kept it at 625mm as far forward as they can. Seems that they've taken the decision to have a gradual drop all the way from the front of the cockpit to the nose.
Krazeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Feb 2012, 11:27   #203
Throbbi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Is that little bubble the exhaust exit?
Worklog - The Amputer!
Throbbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Feb 2012, 11:33   #204
alastor
I Mod, Therefore I Own

alastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysisalastor can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throbbi View Post
Is that little bubble the exhaust exit?
In the middle of the sidepod; I think so. It's hard to tell where it's pointing within that bubble though, could be heading towards the endplates of the rear wing.
Old 1st Feb 2012, 11:39   #205
Throbbi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Throbbi is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alastor View Post
In the middle of the sidepod; I think so. It's hard to tell where it's pointing within that bubble though, could be heading towards the endplates of the rear wing.
Look to be very far forward though, I can't imagine how they'll be able to utilise the gasses all that much. I hate it when teams launch a car at a funny angle and side on, I can't see whats actually going on lol Show the back dammit!
Worklog - The Amputer!
Throbbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Feb 2012, 11:48   #206
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
I reckon that's blowing the rear brake ducts and endplates, looking at the angle from that last pic it looks like it's majority effect will be endplates to my eyes. Not a bad-looking car, but I'd hoped the U-pods would make a return; they looked great.
Old 1st Feb 2012, 11:54   #207
alastor
I Mod, Therefore I Own

The official photos are starting to come out, and it looks like there's an extension on the exhaust shown this morning, pointing downwards towards the diffuser...although that would be illegal. Maybe it's just a hump.

Last edited by alastor; 1st Feb 2012 at 12:05.
Old 1st Feb 2012, 11:54   #208
RedFlames
Bringer of Meh

RedFlames is definitely a rep cheat.RedFlames is definitely a rep cheat.RedFlames is definitely a rep cheat.RedFlames is definitely a rep cheat.RedFlames is definitely a rep cheat.RedFlames is definitely a rep cheat.RedFlames is definitely a rep cheat.RedFlames is definitely a rep cheat.RedFlames is definitely a rep cheat.RedFlames is definitely a rep cheat.RedFlames is definitely a rep cheat.
ooooh.... shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiny....

i agree with krikkit, it looks like the exhausts [if that is what they are] are pointed at the rear brake ducts... and thank god they've gone for a more... subtle nose design than caterham...

EDIT: that piture makes it harder to tell... and on closer look i see i circle on the top of the 'bubble' which appear to be the exhaust pipe... and it appears to be pointed at the rear wing

RedFlames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Feb 2012, 12:06   #209
alastor
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFlames View Post
EDIT: that piture makes it harder to tell... and on closer look i see i circle on the top of the 'bubble' which appear to be the exhaust pipe... and it appears to be pointed at the rear wing
I think you might be right. edit - Some photos going up on the official F1 site now as well, they do seem to be contained within the bubble.

edit - Decent sized official studio shots.

Last edited by alastor; 1st Feb 2012 at 12:37.
Old 1st Feb 2012, 12:21   #210
Jester_612
"Jammy..."

Jester_612 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jester_612 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jester_612 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jester_612 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jester_612 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jester_612 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jester_612 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jester_612 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jester_612 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jester_612 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jester_612 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I was looking at some blokes head thinking it was half a bin lid on the front wheel, I'm very disappointed.

The drivers are gonna need to give it a bit of foreplay before jumping into it if it has extending tailpipes. Most interesting to me was Lewis' 'go faster' stripe, and the team believe that the drivers won't have time to do laundry.

Maybe the U pods hurt the 'coke-bottle', and is it me or is it a little longer - like the fuel tank has been made narrower.

I prefer the look of the unrevealed fish Ferrari.

Just had a hilarious moment, Paddy Lowe was asked directly about the exhaust bulge, and ignored it

i5 2500k @ 3.97Ghz on stock
EVGA GTX 670 FTW @ 1275 Mhz
Jester_612 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Feb 2012, 12:26   #211
alastor
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester_612 View Post
Just had a hilarious moment, Paddy Lowe was asked directly about the exhaust bulge, and ignored it
I noticed that too, he's ignoring most comments about it
Old 1st Feb 2012, 13:17   #212
BentAnat
Software Dev

BentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for president
Loving it!
Love the tight backside, the simpler diffuser, and those exhausts are shure to stir the pool a bit... It looks quick.
Old 1st Feb 2012, 21:22   #213
Jester_612
"Jammy..."

Jester_612 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jester_612 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jester_612 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jester_612 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jester_612 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jester_612 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jester_612 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jester_612 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jester_612 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jester_612 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jester_612 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester_612 View Post
Maybe the U pods hurt the 'coke-bottle', and is it me or is it a little longer - like the fuel tank has been made narrower.
Actually it's the rearrangement of the exhaust system on both counts. It was high up and rearward, but is now more conventional.

i5 2500k @ 3.97Ghz on stock
EVGA GTX 670 FTW @ 1275 Mhz
Jester_612 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Feb 2012, 22:56   #214
bagman
I Mod, Therefore I Own

bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bagman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
From the front it looks awesome with the square side pods. The mirror also look like they stick up a lot more. The exhausts is certainly interesting, in my opinion you would be a fool to question any formula 1 cars design. Also very glad it doesn't have a messed up nose. I am hoping that the new exhaust rules will mean the cars will be even louder and will sound better when coming down the gears.

I am looking forward to seeing Ferrari's, Mercedes and Red Bull's car.

Also why do I get the feeling Red Bull won't be as revealing with their car.

Last edited by bagman; 1st Feb 2012 at 23:01.
bagman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Feb 2012, 00:09   #215
faugusztin
I *am* the guy with two left hands

faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Hehe, Ferrari has a scheduled test on Friday there : http://twitpic.com/8eewrm
Old 2nd Feb 2012, 10:16   #216
alastor
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Quote:
Originally Posted by faugusztin View Post
Hehe, Ferrari has a scheduled test on Friday there : http://twitpic.com/8eewrm
It's continued snowing at Maranello today, which has caused Ferrari to cancel the press event for the launch. Instead it will be online only.

http://www.ferrari.com/English/Formu...e-of-snow.aspx
Old 2nd Feb 2012, 11:24   #217
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagman View Post
...I am hoping that the new exhaust rules will mean the cars will be even louder and will sound better when coming down the gears.
Am I the only one who thought the blown diffusers sounded great? Very un-economical, but a brilliant sound, the sound of pure performance.
Old 2nd Feb 2012, 11:47   #218
BentAnat
Software Dev

BentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for president
Yeh Blown Diffusers sounded great.... especially off-throttle, into corners, they realyl did sound cool.
That being said, I see potential of the new exhausts sounding cool as well.
We'll just have to wait and see...

Now tomorrow can come around so I can see the car that I am expecting big things from - the Ferrari.

Strangely (and the McLaren fan in me hates it), I have a feeling that if any car is going to run away this year, it's the Ferrari... I hope I am wrong...
Old 2nd Feb 2012, 11:58   #219
Krikkit
Super Moderator

I'm not expecting much change from the pre-EBD sound of the cars to be honest... It'll be just as visceral as ever. One thing that always strikes me is how totally controlled they always sound though - a lot of racers sound like there's a wild beast of an engine contained within, lots of popping and banging, rough sounding etc.

The F1 cars I've heard (even HRT's) sound totally controlled, but still incredibly fierce. The only one which wasn't sounding perfect was JB's Honda at Spa, which sounded really awful.
Old 2nd Feb 2012, 12:51   #220
Xye
Supermodder

Xye has yet to learn the way of the DremelXye has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krikkit View Post
I'm not expecting much change from the pre-EBD sound of the cars to be honest... It'll be just as visceral as ever. One thing that always strikes me is how totally controlled they always sound though - a lot of racers sound like there's a wild beast of an engine contained within, lots of popping and banging, rough sounding etc.

The F1 cars I've heard (even HRT's) sound totally controlled, but still incredibly fierce. The only one which wasn't sounding perfect was JB's Honda at Spa, which sounded really awful.
The only race engines I've heard popping and banging are rally cars, which is understandable as they have turbos.
CNC Controller: E8500@3.3GHz (unable to push further)| Asus P5N-D|8800GTS|Barracuda 250Gb| Condensation (Case)
Xye is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode