bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 3rd Sep 2012, 18:31   #1001
Joey Propane
Supermodder

Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Joey Propane is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentAnat View Post
That said - they came down on him harder than usual because of his frequent clashes this season. It's a stern warning.
That's my thinking too. Personally I think the ban is completely justified, yes it was only a small action that caused a serious incident, but it was an entirely thoughtless one, at least I hope he didn't sit there while the lights were ticking over thinking "Yep, i'm going hard right, screw whoever else might be there."...

I can't remember who said it (possibly Brundle), but they mentioned that Grosjean, as lovely a bloke as he comes across, just doesn't seem to have any spatial awareness at times. With Maldonado's jump start Grosjean had more room than anyone bar Jensen and Kumui at the start, he could have went straight down the middle or kept left but instead moved over THE ENTIRE WIDTH of the track, to the point of crowding Lewis onto the white lines, you just cannot do that at the start of a race when your in the middle of the pack.

There's no doubt in my mind someone sat down with Maldonado after that news came through and warned him he'll be next to get a race ban if he carries on driving with his balls and not his brain.
Joey Propane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Sep 2012, 18:57   #1002
stonedsurd
Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Propane View Post
... if he carries on driving with his balls and not his brain.

I agree with the rest of your post though. Despite the apology, this carries the same blame as we are all so quick to chuck at Maldonado - "Mistakes such as [x] are unacceptable at this level, so stop being a knob."

There's no question that Grosjean is quick from turn 1 onward, fair in quali and a generally affable chap all round. There's also no question that he's been involved in more starting incidents than anyone else this season and has retired more competitors at the start than anyone else this season (AFAIR). For that, following the shenanigans at Spa, the penalty is thoroughly deserved. What I'm wondering is why they didn't crack down as harshly on Pasta earlier. Perhaps even the FIA recognize the money and viewership he's bringing in and are reluctant to screw with that? I dislike flimsy conspiracy theories but there is just so little to justify their (in)action.
Old 4th Sep 2012, 06:41   #1003
BentAnat
Software Dev

BentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for president
I reckon it's got more to do with the nature of the incidents he was involved in.
I reckon if the starting incident at Spa was caused by Maldonado, they would have hit him with a harsher penalty than Grosjean, simply because his actions lately smack more of ignorance than a shortage of skill (when compared to Grosjean, whose starting shenanigans seem like rookie mistakes).

As it stands, the worst that Walldonado has done was take out one or two cars in less serious accidents, making it hard to hit him with a race ban while at the same time at least SEEMING like the punishment fits the crime.

Grosjean would IMHO also not have been hit as hard had the accident been less serious (i.e. NOT almost clipped Alonso's head).

Make no mistake, the stewards are keeping a close eye on Maldonado, and slapping him as hard as they can, but I feel that he's been lucky not to have caused something more serious so far.
Old 4th Sep 2012, 09:16   #1004
GreatOldOne
Wannabe Martian

GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
On a lighter note, this races "Tooned" was the best yet IMHO.

I feel the need - the need for Tweed!
"Maybe we're on Mars because we have to be, because there's a deep nomadic impulse built into us by the evolutionary process, we come after all, from hunter gatherers, and for 99.9% of our tenure on Earth we've been wanderers. And, the next place to wander to, is Mars. But whatever the reason you're on Mars is, I'm glad you're there. And I wish I was with you."
- Carl Sagan

A GOO-ster is Born - Build Diary RSS I'm a Great Oakley product tester! My purpose built testing centre

Last edited by GreatOldOne; 4th Sep 2012 at 09:19. Reason: YouTube code wrong
GreatOldOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Sep 2012, 11:24   #1005
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
Do you mean that one? I think you mean this one (which was actually aired this weekend... )

Old 4th Sep 2012, 12:05   #1006
GreatOldOne
Wannabe Martian

GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!GreatOldOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Maybe - I'm doing this blind as You tube is blocked at work.
"Maybe we're on Mars because we have to be, because there's a deep nomadic impulse built into us by the evolutionary process, we come after all, from hunter gatherers, and for 99.9% of our tenure on Earth we've been wanderers. And, the next place to wander to, is Mars. But whatever the reason you're on Mars is, I'm glad you're there. And I wish I was with you."
- Carl Sagan

A GOO-ster is Born - Build Diary RSS I'm a Great Oakley product tester! My purpose built testing centre
Old 4th Sep 2012, 12:17   #1007
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
Ah, FTFY then.
Old 4th Sep 2012, 12:46   #1008
samkiller42
For i AM Cheesecake!!

samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.samkiller42 is definitely a rep cheat.
The wipers on the visors creased me up. I hope they introduce more characters to it.

Sam

The Laptop: Dell Vostro 3450, SB i3 2350m, 8GB DDR3, 256GB 830 SSD, Intel 6235 Wifi N/BT 4.0, Dell 5550 3G/GPS
The Server: Phenom 2 x6, 8GB DDR3, 3TB Seagate, 2TB WD Green, 2*1TB Samsung F1
samkiller42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Sep 2012, 12:52   #1009
GreatOldOne
Wannabe Martian

I liked the motivational sat nav.

Maybe they ought to license that tech so they can sell it to RedBull, for those times when Seb gets all Princess Stampifoot
- Carl Sagan

Old 4th Sep 2012, 13:01   #1010
Anfield
Hypermodder

Anfield is definitely a rep cheat.Anfield is definitely a rep cheat.Anfield is definitely a rep cheat.Anfield is definitely a rep cheat.Anfield is definitely a rep cheat.Anfield is definitely a rep cheat.Anfield is definitely a rep cheat.Anfield is definitely a rep cheat.Anfield is definitely a rep cheat.Anfield is definitely a rep cheat.Anfield is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentAnat View Post
Grosjean would IMHO also not have been hit as hard had the accident been less serious (i.e. NOT almost clipped Alonso's head).
Don't forget that the Lotus team was formed from the remains of the Renault team and now think back a couple years and what happened in one certain race when Renault caused a Safety Car incident on purpose?
Anfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Sep 2012, 13:04   #1011
BentAnat
Software Dev

BentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for presidentBentAnat should be considered for president
I dunno... I think that has rather less to do with it. bygones and such... but it's not impossible...

At the end of the day, I feel that the sporting code needs a long, hard looking-at.
Old 4th Sep 2012, 13:16   #1012
GreatOldOne
Wannabe Martian

Ha! Malduhnado can't even keep it on the island during a demo run:

The comments are quite amusing
- Carl Sagan

Old 4th Sep 2012, 14:23   #1013
Krikkit
Super Moderator

I read about it, but I was hoping a video would surface. Love the first top-rated comment:

Quote:
Drive-through penalty for Hamilton.
Heh.
Old 4th Sep 2012, 14:46   #1014
faugusztin
I *am* the guy with two left hands

faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.faugusztin is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krikkit View Post
Love the first top-rated comment:
That is because on Youtube Hamilton is responsible for every racing incident. Guy in a racing car takes out some mechanics in other team in DTM? "Hamilton's fault". Crash in GP3 in this year ? "Hamilton's fault" .
Old 4th Sep 2012, 15:29   #1015
Shirty
R.I.P. KidMod

Shirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming SaiyanShirty is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Conflict in Syria?

Hamilton's fault.
Old 4th Sep 2012, 19:27   #1016
sp4nky
BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

sp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousp4nky - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
But on here, the opposite is different. Hamilton drives into someone? No way can it possibly be his fault.
Old 4th Sep 2012, 20:59   #1017
B1GBUD
A Paragon of Virtue.... Apparently

B1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Hamilton is a bit like Marmite, you either love him or hate him. I like Marmite BTW.

As for those saying that the race ban for Lady boy Grosjean (the missus calls him that, apparently he has pretty eyes) was a bit harsh, anyone remember the 2 race ban that Jenson got when he was at Honda in 2005? He was docked his 3rd place points in Imola due to the fuel tank inside a fuel tank finding. That was harsh!
( Kid you dont want either only bud is any good lol )
B1GBUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Sep 2012, 06:56   #1018
BentAnat
Software Dev

^^ True, that.

Anyway, so after a few rumours about Lotus possibly letting Jaimie Alguersuari race in Italy (which I would have liked), since he's Pirelly driver and has actually driven a car this year, Lotus has confirmed that Jerome D'Ambrosio, in his capacity as Lotus tester will take Romain Grosjean's spot at Monza.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/102235
Old 5th Sep 2012, 07:26   #1019
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by B1GBUD View Post
As for those saying that the race ban for Lady boy Grosjean (the missus calls him that, apparently he has pretty eyes) was a bit harsh, anyone remember the 2 race ban that Jenson got when he was at Honda in 2005? He was docked his 3rd place points in Imola due to the fuel tank inside a fuel tank finding. That was harsh!
That wasn't a driver ban though - that was a technical infringement by the team, a completely different matter. For the record, that was exactly the right call too imo.
Old 5th Sep 2012, 08:51   #1020
B1GBUD
A Paragon of Virtue.... Apparently

B1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming SaiyanB1GBUD is a Super Spamming Saiyan
The point I was making was that it was the teams fault, not the driver. They should have penalised the team, not the driver.
( Kid you dont want either only bud is any good lol )
B1GBUD is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode