bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 10th Dec 2011, 10:30   #1
arcticstoat
Who is the Milkman?

arcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysisarcticstoat can run Crysis
Roccat Isku Review

The Roccat Isku can talk to mice, just like Dr Doolittle.

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/201...-isku-review/1
Old 10th Dec 2011, 11:17   #2
RobJapan
Minimodder

RobJapan has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Thanks for the reviews as always, but as a side note at the end could you give us a keyboard/mouse/motherboard that you actually DO recommend when the review is of a poor product.

For example, in this review the last line would be something like.

"With this keyboard being a total stinker, we continue to recommend the (insert keyboard name here)"

Just a thought!

Merry Christmas!
RobJapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Dec 2011, 12:07   #3
fdbh96
I *am* a Dremel

fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.fdbh96 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobJapan View Post
Thanks for the reviews as always, but as a side note at the end could you give us a keyboard/mouse/motherboard that you actually DO recommend when the review is of a poor product.

For example, in this review the last line would be something like.

"With this keyboard being a total stinker, we continue to recommend the (insert keyboard name here)"

Just a thought!

Merry Christmas!
Brilliant idea
fdbh96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Dec 2011, 15:43   #4
sear
Multimodder

sear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for president
$120 USD for a keyboard that isn't even mechanical? Scandalous. Why anyone would buy that thing at this price is beyond me.
sear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Dec 2011, 16:08   #5
wafflesomd
I *am* a Dremel

wafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysiswafflesomd can run Crysis
I usually just buy whatever keyboard I can find at walmart for $15 u.s.

I mean I can understand paying a premium for a good mouse, but what's the point in a fancy keyboard?
wafflesomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Dec 2011, 16:10   #6
longweight
Possibly Longbeard.

longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wafflesomd View Post
I usually just buy whatever keyboard I can find at walmart for $15 u.s.

I mean I can understand paying a premium for a good mouse, but what's the point in a fancy keyboard?
Is that a troll comment? You pay good money for a decent mechanical keyboard, it makes a vast difference to the quality of your typing.
longweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Dec 2011, 16:19   #7
shuffle
What's a Dremel?

shuffle has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Microsoft Sidewinder x4 - job done.. great keyboard
shuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Dec 2011, 16:31   #8
blinkieleblind
Tings and such

blinkieleblind has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
+1 for the sidewinder
Old 10th Dec 2011, 17:23   #9
xaser04
Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.xaser04 is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by longweight View Post
Is that a troll comment? You pay good money for a decent mechanical keyboard, it can make a vast difference to the quality of your typing.
Fixed that.

Keyboards (the look and typing feel) are completely subjective. Some might love mechanical keyboards, others not so much.
xaser04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Dec 2011, 18:19   #10
Kasvain
Minimodder

Kasvain has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
hmm

Last edited by Kasvain; 10th Dec 2011 at 18:21. Reason: bad english
Kasvain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Dec 2011, 18:20   #11
Kasvain
Minimodder

Kasvain has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
"Isku" is a word from finnish language and it means "impact" or "shock". I have to say that is very appropriate name for a keyboard, especially if you lose often a game.
Kasvain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Dec 2011, 23:23   #12
ssj12
Hypermodder

ssj12 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
my god it looks like they took Razer's design and added pointless other things and fugilfied it.
ssj12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Dec 2011, 01:08   #13
S1W1
Multimodder

S1W1 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitS1W1 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitS1W1 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitS1W1 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitS1W1 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitS1W1 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitS1W1 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitS1W1 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitS1W1 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitS1W1 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitS1W1 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
It's disappointing that so many peripheral manufacturers seem to think that they can get away with labelling unexceptional or even low quality products as 'gaming gear', adding a gimmicky and not particularly functional new feature and some pretty lighting to justify the premium price.

That said, I do like the striking blue backlight
It's just a shame the rest of the keyboard is so unexceptional...
AMD X6 1090T OC @ 3.75GHZ | Corsair H50 cooler | 8GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHZ | Asus M4N98TD Evo Motherboard | Gigabyte GTX 670 2GB OC| XFX 750W Black Edition PSU | Samsung 1TB Spinpoint F3 HDD | 300GB WD Velociraptor | Samsung 840 250GB SSD | NZXT Hades mid tower with red LEDS and engraved side panels | Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit | Asus Xonar DX |
=== Alienware M11X R3 laptop ===
S1W1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Dec 2011, 09:36   #14
ledbythereaper
Multimodder

ledbythereaper has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Buying a new keyboard tomorrow, do people recommend the Razer Blackwidow?
ledbythereaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Dec 2011, 03:50   #15
sear
Multimodder

sear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for presidentsear should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by ledbythereaper
It's a great mechanical keyboard, but aimed towards gaming. Looks good, has good drivers, macro keys are nice, but if you want a straight-up keyboard I still think the Das Keyboard is probably the best all-around one you can buy.
sear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Dec 2011, 13:09   #16
fingerbob69
Hypermodder

fingerbob69 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfingerbob69 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
"This meant an extra key press every time we took a break from our PC."

Oh! the hardship of it. lol.
Antec 902, Asus P6T se, i7-920 D0 oc@3.6ghz, Asaka Nero S, 6gb Corsair, Thermaltake 750w Evo Blue, XFX 4890 + Artic Twin Turbo Pro, Asus Xonar DS, BFG Ageia PhysX, 2x 500gb Seagate HDD, Win7 hp, NEC ea231wmi, MS X4, Cordless Mouseman optical(deceased)..now a Roccat Kova+
fingerbob69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Dec 2011, 15:22   #17
Farfalho
Supermodder

Farfalho has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by fingerbob69

Someone is lazy at BT.

I have my eyes set on this keyboard for a while since it combines the best of Valo and Arvo. Had a Valo but so many options and some construction flaws made me get rid of it. So Isku or Arvo for me.
The light for me is ok since I'm a touch typist (shame of you not being), all I have to do is take what you said regarding the quality and responsiveness and test. If I deem it you're wrong about that, I'll keep it, if not, I will come back and stand beside your review and return it for another one.

I guess mechanical keyboards (haven't tried one yet) is blurring your judgement on non-mechanical ones
Farfalho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Dec 2011, 19:51   #18
Sloth
#yolo #swag

Sloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming SaiyanSloth is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaser04 View Post
Fixed that.

Keyboards (the look and typing feel) are completely subjective. Some might love mechanical keyboards, others not so much.
Even as one of the converted I'd agree with this. I'm no better at typing after buying a mechanical keyboard. SteelSeries really bugged me with their website because they claim that their mechanical boards will "make you a better typist". It's just different key technologies, they're still in almost exactly the same locations and furthermore the whole "2mm to activate" thing doesn't make that big of a difference in keypress speed.

What certainly is evident is the smooth and crisp stroke and activation of mechanical switches compared to the mushy and vague presses on cheap rubber domes. While this is technically subjective you'll be hard pressed to find people who legitimately prefer rubber domes once they've tried a switch that fits their tastes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssj12 View Post
my god it looks like they took Razer's design and added pointless other things and fugilfied it.
Thought this was a Razer product upon seeing the picture, a little surprised to read the title!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledbythereaper View Post
Never used it myself but it's often recommended as good way to try out a mechanical board. It's got a lot of the gaming features and stylings of rubber dome boards which many mechanicals lack.

You might also want to consider the Black Widow Stealth, it uses different switches for its keys which you may prefer. The regular BW uses Cherry MX Blues, moderate resistance and a noticable "click" when pressing so you can hear and feel when it's activating. The Stealth uses Browns, slightly less resistance, no click and only a slight "bump" feel when pressing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fingerbob69 View Post

You say that now, but actually imagine it! Seems obnoxious.
Old 12th Dec 2011, 21:27   #19
GeorgeStorm
Aggressive PC Builder

GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.
As a recent convert to mechanicals, I'd no longer want to pay anywhere near that much for that kinda keyboard.

On the black widow front, it's probably a good way to get into mech keyboards since it still has a lot of the looks and features of normal 'gaming keyboards'.
I'm currently using a Ducky 1087 with blues and I love it, already fallen in love with the sound and am looking at picking up another keyboard for my other PC (although will probably try other switches, maybe browns)
Old 14th Dec 2011, 03:27   #20
mi1ez
Game Boy Modder

mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!mi1ez - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
This is less of a problem for touch-typists, but even we don’t know where the ‘~’ key usually lives, or whether the per cent symbol is above the 4 or the 5 key, so we found ourselves constantly peering over the top of the keyboard to read the symbols.
Try moving to Aus then. I'm still totally lost!