bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Technology > Hardware

Old 23rd Dec 2012, 08:46   #1
TeenGeek
Multimodder

TeenGeek can run CrysisTeenGeek can run CrysisTeenGeek can run CrysisTeenGeek can run CrysisTeenGeek can run CrysisTeenGeek can run CrysisTeenGeek can run CrysisTeenGeek can run CrysisTeenGeek can run CrysisTeenGeek can run CrysisTeenGeek can run Crysis
GTX 670 Compatibility?

Hey all, in my PC, I have two MSI Power Edition GTX670's. I was curious if getting a 4GB 670 would be incompatible in SLI with the other 2 2GB cards? (yes, I do know that my current mobo only supports two GFX cards) I know that you are supposed to be able to pair any 670 with any other, but I was wondering if the different quantities of memory would cause an issue.
Fractal Design DEFINE R4, 3 Noctua NF-14, Intel Core i7 3770k, Phanteks PH-TC14-PE, Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe, 2 Nvidia GTX 670, Asus Xonar D1, Seasonic X-Series 1K, 2x8GB gskill 2133mhz, 3TB barracuda, 256 OCZ Vertex 4
TeenGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Dec 2012, 09:06   #2
Bladesingerz
Hypermodder

Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
It will work but The 4gb card will only use 2gb of its ram when you run it in sli.
Bladesingerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Dec 2012, 09:48   #3
TeenGeek
Multimodder

TeenGeek can run CrysisTeenGeek can run CrysisTeenGeek can run CrysisTeenGeek can run CrysisTeenGeek can run CrysisTeenGeek can run CrysisTeenGeek can run CrysisTeenGeek can run CrysisTeenGeek can run CrysisTeenGeek can run CrysisTeenGeek can run Crysis
Thanks, also, If I had two 4GB cards, would they both use all 4 GB then?
Fractal Design DEFINE R4, 3 Noctua NF-14, Intel Core i7 3770k, Phanteks PH-TC14-PE, Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe, 2 Nvidia GTX 670, Asus Xonar D1, Seasonic X-Series 1K, 2x8GB gskill 2133mhz, 3TB barracuda, 256 OCZ Vertex 4
TeenGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Dec 2012, 10:04   #4
Big_malc
Ultramodder

Big_malc is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig_malc is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig_malc is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig_malc is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig_malc is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig_malc is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig_malc is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig_malc is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig_malc is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig_malc is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig_malc is a Super Spamming Saiyan
yep they will run the same or one will lover its self to match the other eg 2gb card 4gb card run at 2gb

4gb and 4gb all good
Only I will remain
Big_malc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Dec 2012, 13:52   #5
Bladesingerz
Hypermodder

Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Yep, SLI cards will also run at the lowest clock speed and smallest memory that one of the cards has.
Bladesingerz is offline   Reply With Quote