bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 28th Dec 2011, 16:39   #21
coolamasta
Folding@Home CC Captain 2010/11/12

coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.coolamasta is definitely a rep cheat.
THIS IS GOING TO BE AWESOME

I was only thinking about a month or so ago that after seeing 2 of the other amazing desk builds that maybe I should build one using my SR-2 hardware as I have the space but in reality I don't have access to all the metal work machines so it probably wont happen for me but im glad someone is building a monster desk with an SR-2 and I hope you over-clock the hell out of it, im rock solid @ 4.2ghz with my X5650's

Oh and are you not going to use the EK SR-2 chipset water block?

My Main Rigs:~ H2O'd i7 3770K @ 4.5 - 16GB - H2O'd GTX 670 | Asus Z9PE-W8, EP-Xeon 2670 @ 3.2 - 16GB
| ~~~ My Current Dual EP-Xeon 2670 Project ~~~ | ~~~ My Mitsubishi Evo Track Car Project ~~~ |
coolamasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Dec 2011, 20:07   #22
peteski
long live the pc

peteski has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
nice work mate love your craftsmanship. cant wait for more updates

p.s sweet hardware

Last edited by peteski; 28th Dec 2011 at 20:15.
peteski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Dec 2011, 23:02   #23
KoSoVaR^
Professional Sleever & Modder

KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
This has moved from good to freaking awsome !, that layout is just so perfect!
KoSoVaR^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Dec 2011, 07:50   #24
Briaireous
Multimodder

Briaireous has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The detail you have put into the desk is truly inspiring! great job cannot wait to see more
Briaireous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Dec 2011, 21:34   #25
The Boy Riley
Minimodder

The Boy Riley is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.The Boy Riley is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.The Boy Riley is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.The Boy Riley is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.The Boy Riley is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.The Boy Riley is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.The Boy Riley is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.The Boy Riley is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.The Boy Riley is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.The Boy Riley is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.The Boy Riley is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
So I thought I'd throw up a quick update before I disappear for new year I've been finishing off the legs today, as the metal rod for the attachment arrived a few days ago.

After the weekend I should be powering ahead with the frame as I now have a time restraint on the use of the workshop, but I'll explain that one at the end

Righty, today saw the lathe coming out to play, everyone, meet the little lathe...

half a leg base and the bar to fit into it

The best part of using a lathe, it makes finishes like this take about 30 seconds

and add the little feet

I'll be finishing the bars next week

The reason why I need to stop faffing about; My Dad (proud owner of this workshop) is building a 4 inch scale traction engine, he hasn't been able to carry on with it as he's been waiting for a casting...

The cylinder block, so he needs me to get off the milling machine and clean all the aluminium off it so he can start work on this :P

Happy New Year !
The Boy Riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jan 2012, 20:10   #26
l3p
www.^.nl

l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.l3p is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Somehow I also fall for these desk builds
Was already following this build somewhere else.
Glad you started your buildlog here now!
l3p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jan 2012, 02:31   #27
The Boy Riley
Minimodder

The Boy Riley is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.The Boy Riley is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.The Boy Riley is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.The Boy Riley is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.The Boy Riley is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.The Boy Riley is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.The Boy Riley is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.The Boy Riley is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.The Boy Riley is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.The Boy Riley is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.The Boy Riley is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l3p View Post
Somehow I also fall for these desk builds
Was already following this build somewhere else.
Glad you started your buildlog here now!
Thanks I seem to have ended up on quite a few sites now, started out on one I posted on years ago another where I used to work, then two that I bought stuff from and it has just sort of carried on

But the comments and suggestions and questions I've been getting have been worth the upkeep

thanks again to everyone for reading, should be getting back into it this week before I get bullied out of the workshop.
Old 2nd Jan 2012, 02:35   #28
The Boy Riley
Minimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolamasta View Post
THIS IS GOING TO BE AWESOME

Oh and are you not going to use the EK SR-2 chipset water block?
a sneak peak just for you

Old 2nd Jan 2012, 04:21   #29
ozzylow
Multimodder

ozzylow has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Loving this build, trim your finger nails please.
ozzylow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jan 2012, 06:59   #30
as899
Multimodder

as899 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelas899 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The machine is too strong, the Chinese players generally do not have such a machine
as899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jan 2012, 14:45   #31
The Boy Riley
Minimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzylow View Post
Loving this build, trim your finger nails please.
lol Haven't been climbing as much as I've been doing this, hence the nails got long, saw my own photos and realised how grim they were :P
Old 24th Jan 2012, 19:22   #32
The Boy Riley
Minimodder

So I've been a bit quiet of late, I wanted to have a bit more done for this update but it might be a week or so until I can get the rest done so it seemed like a good point to stop and post some pictures

Here's where we left off, I was about half way through the leg pieces, they had incomplete uprights and no end caps.

And then on with the new stuff

Finishing up the leg attachment bars

Making space for the power switch and usbs

Milled the slot for the DVD drive

These were a bit of a pain in the arse to make... but the came up nice in the end

Right, back to the frame finished up the small angled sections so I could mount the panels to them...

and an attached leg...

The end caps came out well too

And back to the dvd drive...

That's all for now as far as the desk goes The screws holding the usbs and DVD drive are just ones I found that fit, I'm waiting on the new ones that match the rest of the desk

Should be getting my replacement blocks from EK this week and I think I've found the colour I want to paint the frame... the panels will be black powder coat so mat black.

I was doing some climbing at an indoor wall a week or so ago and spotted a water bottle lying about... a red sigg bottle to be a bit more precise.

So what do you all think about...

Red?
Old 24th Jan 2012, 19:53   #33
RabidCicada
Multimodder

RabidCicada has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
This is amazing. You have plans for the desk top to be openable (As in open like a lid) so you can access parts easier?
RabidCicada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jan 2012, 21:08   #34
Sheiken
Wat?

Sheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitSheiken is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
I think you should leave it raw.

Looks phenomenal with those nuts and bolts.
Sheiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jan 2012, 23:55   #35
The Boy Riley
Minimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidCicada View Post
This is amazing. You have plans for the desk top to be openable (As in open like a lid) so you can access parts easier?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheiken View Post
I think you should leave it raw.

Looks phenomenal with those nuts and bolts.
The glass is the same size as the top so it will just sit on top, it's heavy enough to not go anywhere of its own accord so to get inside you just slide the glass off

and the bolts are stainless so they will stay the same for good I like to be able to see the gubbins when I build stuff, so the frame will be the red, the joints will be brushed or powder black same as the panels, but hopefully i can render some full quality images of the corners from my designs, but it may be quicker to build it and find out, the current pc isn't feeling up to it :P
Old 25th Jan 2012, 00:31   #36
Conica
Minimodder

Conica has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I like that red on the Sigg bottle, just remember that the powder coating will only be a one-tone colour laid on thick, so make sure you pick the exact shade you like

Loving the build, It's the attention to detail that definitely makes this one worthwhile

Edit: Spazzy Spelling.
Conica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jan 2012, 10:37   #37
Jezzafool
What's a Dremel?

Jezzafool has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I AM IN AWE! (and v jealous )
Jezzafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jan 2012, 11:42   #38
yassarikhan786
Ultramodder(Not)

yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.yassarikhan786 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Amazing metal work man. Can't wait to see more .
|| Motherboard: Asus P8P67 Pro (B3) || CPU: i7 2600k || Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 580 Super OC || Memory: Mushkin Blackline 8GB || SSD: Corsair Force 3 120GB || HDD: WD Caviar Black 2TB || CPU Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 || Power Supply: BeQuiet Dark Power Pro P9 750W || Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D || Monitor(s): Dell U2410 + HP w1907v || Keyboard: Logitech G510 || Mouse: Razer DeathAdder
yassarikhan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jan 2012, 21:09   #39
peteski
long live the pc

peteski has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by yassarikhan786 View Post
Amazing metal work man. Can't wait to see more .

same here mate
Old 22nd May 2012, 19:26   #40
The Boy Riley
Minimodder

Currently having a revival more to come soon.

Tags
desk, sr-2, sr-2 desk, the boy riley

View Mode