bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 23rd May 2012, 06:49   #41
Foregasm
Multimodder

Foregasm has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
words seem to be evading me at the moment...
Old 23rd May 2012, 07:47   #42
Squigly
MODfiend.. ~twitch~

Squigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
A+ craftsmanship!!! sub'd
Squigly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jun 2012, 10:40   #43
bluc
Supermodder

bluc has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
That mobo omg what a beast and the desk matches it perfectly!!
Old 6th Jun 2012, 10:55   #44
Meelobee
Hypermodder

Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Meelobee is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Wish I had tools like that. Your build looks great so far and you're hardware makes me drool
Meelobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jun 2012, 18:54   #45
The Boy Riley
Minimodder

The Boy Riley is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.The Boy Riley is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.The Boy Riley is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.The Boy Riley is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.The Boy Riley is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.The Boy Riley is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.The Boy Riley is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.The Boy Riley is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.The Boy Riley is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.The Boy Riley is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.The Boy Riley is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluc View Post
That mobo omg what a beast and the desk matches it perfectly!!
Its almost as if I built is specially :P

Thank you for all kind responses, just started a new job so bit hectic, been working on the desk last weekend though, got the fans and the aquaero so I'm finishing a few bits in the workshop then going to crack on with the wiring, will post the pics as soon
The Boy Riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Jun 2012, 11:29   #46
bluc
Supermodder

very nice work
Old 7th Jun 2012, 20:00   #47
munkey
Modder

munkey has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Nice looking desk, I've been working on a design for one for some time now and I appreciate the many ideas I've gotten from this build. Can't wait to see it when it's done.
munkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jun 2012, 19:41   #48
The Boy Riley
Minimodder

The Boy Riley is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.The Boy Riley is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.The Boy Riley is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.The Boy Riley is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.The Boy Riley is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.The Boy Riley is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.The Boy Riley is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.The Boy Riley is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.The Boy Riley is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.The Boy Riley is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.The Boy Riley is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Zomg :O updates!

UPDATES :O

so here's what you might expect when I've been quiet for this long...

But just started a new job so on with the build

Frame back together and panels back on

Got the second pump, now I don't need to dismantle the current pc to rob its D5

Made the threaded strips that retain the I/O shield on the back panel... these took longer than you might think, but they turned out really nice.

Cut the mesh to size for the radiator chamber vents

Got the fans the other day so dropped them in

And checked to see if the board fits with the newly attached I/O shield ( it does )

currently at the point where all the places for HDD's and the aquaero are drawn on, so working out what needs to be cut to accommodate the wiring for everything and trying to deicide how I want the cooling to look

more to come soon.

Last edited by The Boy Riley; 11th Sep 2013 at 09:44. Reason: Fixed images
Old 11th Jun 2012, 02:38   #49
Bladesingerz
Supermodder

Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Bladesingerz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
awesome to see some new progress man, it looks great!
Goodluck with your new job!
Bladesingerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jun 2012, 10:56   #50
RobotNerd
What's a Dremel?

RobotNerd has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The mesh covering for the radiator chambers and their plates look absolutely fantastic.

I saw your plan was to paint any panels black and it looks like red for the frame, but I think the look of the angle braces and the corner brackets as bare aluminum against the red and black would really match the motherboard and water blocks, and provide some nice accent pieces to the desk.

Really amazing and precise work.
RobotNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jun 2012, 18:13   #51
The Boy Riley
Minimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotNerd View Post
The mesh covering for the radiator chambers and their plates look absolutely fantastic.

I saw your plan was to paint any panels black and it looks like red for the frame, but I think the look of the angle braces and the corner brackets as bare aluminum against the red and black would really match the motherboard and water blocks, and provide some nice accent pieces to the desk.

Really amazing and precise work.
Thanks i was thinking that initially, but went with stainless bolts throughout so all thr joints will be black again red with shiny bolt.

I do see where your coming from though. I've got some spare joints, I was going to not get them powder coated so I could see what they look like after would be quite cheap to make up another set of joints if it looked awesome, just time consuming.

and thanks about the mesh, took a while to machine the groove they sit in, so I'm really pleased with how it turned out
Old 24th Jun 2012, 19:36   #52
The Boy Riley
Minimodder

Been getting on with the wiring layout and tubing this weekend, so here's some pictures

Picked up some fittings so I could see what they look like in person and how many I'll need with the layout etc, got some test tubing too so don't get scared off by the horrible white tube.

Dropped the Radiators in one side and put the grills on, last thing I wanted was to put my finger through one of them whilst wrestling tubing.

This seemed like the easiest and least kink-worthy way to do the rads and it looks awesome, the pictures unfortunately don't do the fittings justice.

moved onto playing with the motherboard, so I cracked out the CPU and RAM blocks for a play.

these look nice, but I'll be swapping the angles for 90 degrees then I wont need any other rotary joints for the rest of the board (apart from ram block to res at the end)

Found some tubing from my last rig (shows the quality of Tygon as its been sat for 4 1/2 years and is still perfect) using the tygon gave a much better visual than the white stuff but it is only 7/16 so the real thing will be a smidge thicker but the extra flex was really noticeable compared to the XSPC white stuff. I was a bit shocked at the difference as a lot of people I've spoken to rave on about the XSPC tubing, but then again Tygon is about 5 times the price...

Spent the rest of today cutting down some offcuts of box section to start the hard drive brackets and they look good so far

Reverse progress :O

Had a setback with the wiring, I had to send back my Aquaero so I'll be jumping back on the fans and whatnot once I get a new one, should be trying to forge ahead with the rest of the wiring though.

Thanks for reading

Last edited by The Boy Riley; 11th Sep 2013 at 09:51. Reason: Fixed image links
Old 25th Jun 2012, 01:20   #53
bluc
Supermodder

Awesome craftmanship and insane hardware
Old 25th Jun 2012, 03:38   #54
Furball Zen
Shut up and Mod

Furball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run Crysis
Ill only ever use Primochoill tubing. Try it and you might say the same thing

Guides: Modular PSU ~ FC foam removal Mods: Blue on Black ~ DVD-ROM Worklog: Acronymus ~ Carbide

@furballzen ~ Admin at Xoxide Forums
Furball Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jul 2012, 18:14   #55
The Boy Riley
Minimodder

Just a quick update today, in the process of finding some bits and pieces so I finished the HDD mounts this afternoon.

Stole some screws from an old Thermaltake case I used to have (first water cooled build... memories...) then added some rubber dampers from a maplins DIY kit (it's screws were crap) then milled the indents into the brackets

Last edited by The Boy Riley; 11th Sep 2013 at 09:55. Reason: fixed image links
Old 1st Jul 2012, 22:12   #56
Furball Zen
Shut up and Mod

Furball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run CrysisFurball Zen can run Crysis
On the rads, why dont you just jump from the two inner ports instead of inner to outer? Theres no difference in flow and it will clean that up good.

Guides: Modular PSU ~ FC foam removal Mods: Blue on Black ~ DVD-ROM Worklog: Acronymus ~ Carbide

@furballzen ~ Admin at Xoxide Forums
Furball Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jul 2012, 17:31   #57
The Boy Riley
Minimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furball Zen View Post
On the rads, why dont you just jump from the two inner ports instead of inner to outer? Theres no difference in flow and it will clean that up good.
It makes the angle on the inner port a really tight angle to the plate, I need it to come through high on the bulkhead
Old 2nd Jul 2012, 18:55   #58
Reconnec7ed
Minimodder

Reconnec7ed has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I would recommend forming the tubes in hot water and do away with the 45 degree fittings
Just a suggestion looks great!
Reconnec7ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jul 2012, 13:24   #59
Squigly
MODfiend.. ~twitch~

Squigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the DremelSquigly has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
please Please PLEASE tell me this project hasn't been shelved?!?!
Old 24th Jul 2012, 13:43   #60
Noob?
Dremel?

Noob? is definitely a rep cheat.Noob? is definitely a rep cheat.Noob? is definitely a rep cheat.Noob? is definitely a rep cheat.Noob? is definitely a rep cheat.Noob? is definitely a rep cheat.Noob? is definitely a rep cheat.Noob? is definitely a rep cheat.Noob? is definitely a rep cheat.Noob? is definitely a rep cheat.Noob? is definitely a rep cheat.

MOTM? When its done?

Unbelieveably brilliant!
Noob? is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
desk, sr-2, sr-2 desk, the boy riley

View Mode