bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 28th Dec 2011, 09:55   #1
ReDoZz
Minimodder

ReDoZz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Project: Black 'n Blue Simplicity - Update 16 December 2012

My name is Benhar and I live Sweden.
I'm going to build and modify a computer system thatís going to reference to my opinions and what
a good-performing computer system needs to be stable, cooled down, quiet and totally clean.
Iím going to put my photography skills just in case taking good and nice looking pictures.
The entire interest started when my twin brother Kosovar^ infected me with his computer projects

The plan about which equipment i need to succeed with te project is a computer case in a ATX-
factor form and be a full tower chassi to make room for all the cooling equipment i would use.
The case going to be modified to fit a 4x120 Radiator, 1x120 radiator in back, 2x240 radiators in
sandwich configuration on the floor, make place for 2 cylinder-formed reservoir outside the 5,25"
bays and find a good place for the water pumps there i can modify incase reducing vibrations and
noise.

I will also modify the side panel with a acrylic window because i want to share my good job to
other people around me and in forums, websites as well.
I have been working on my Power Supply and sleeved all the cables separately with sleeving from
"www.djungelapa.se".In my eyes is that a method to get a special feeling about whatís inside of
the case, it fells more "fully" and not that empty as well the cables are sleeved together.
This system is going to be as quite as possible, noise reductions plates are going to be used
both inside the case but also on places there it lots of free, moving and unused space as the
side panels, bottom- and top panel.
The outside is going to be stock, in color way because i donít like reflective colorís. Just
black both inside and out! And my decided name for this project going to be " Black 'n Blue
Simplicity ".

Hardware:
Case: Fractal Design Define XL Black Pearl
Power supply: Corsair AX1200i
Motherboard: Asus P6X58D-E
Processor: Intel i7 960 + Intel i7 950 (1366)
Ram memory: Corsair Dominator GT 2000MHZ 12GB + Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz 6GB Elpida
Graphics Card: 3x GeForce GTX480
SSD ?
HDD: 1TB WD Green, 1TB WD Green, 2x Western Digital Black 500GB 64MB Raid 1

Water cooling:
Fans: 26x Corsair SP120 High Performance Edition
Fan Controls: ?
Radiators: 1x Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper 480mm, 2x Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper 240mm
CPU block: EKWB Supreme LT + EKWB Supreme LT
SB/NB-block: Bitspower Black Freezer AIX58NS, Bitspower Black Freezer MOS AMOSII &
Bitspower Black Freezer MOS AMOSIII
RAM Block: Bitspower DIMM6 Block Clear
GPU Block: 3x, EK Water Blocks EK-FC480GTX + (EK-GPU LINK)
Reservoir: 2x Water Tank Z-Multi 150 (POM Version)
Pump: 2x Alphacool VPP655 single edition pumps
Pump top: ?
Tubing: Swiftech Clearflex (7 / 16 "ID, 5 / 8" OD)
Fittings: Bitspower Matt Black

Sleeve:
MDPC-X Black, MDPC-X Navy Blue, MDPC-X B-Magic

Sponsors for this project:
Fractal Design - Case
Phanteks USA - CPU coolers, fans
Bitspower - Watercooling parts + fittings
Corsair - PSU & Fans
Cooling Stuff - God price on my order and great services

Last edited by ReDoZz; 15th Dec 2012 at 23:48.
ReDoZz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Dec 2011, 09:56   #2
ReDoZz
Minimodder

Sponsorship from Fractal Design

Hi all Bit-Tech members!
Hope you will like this project log and its results.

I want to thank Adriana at Fractal Design for sponsoring out of a Fractal Design Define XL, but
may regret that I will have to cut and operate the chassis a little.

I will soon begin to remove the mass of unnecessary, and the first thing I will remove the HDD
cages on the lower floor. Instead of cages, I will have two radiators in the "Sandwich PnP
configuration" with the intake on the right side and exhaust on the left.
After that, the drawings made at the top to make room for a 480mm radiators from XSPC or Thermo
Chill

I will also replace the plate in the middle of an aluminum plate where I will have logos and
names of companies that sponsored me during the project. And this will surely CNC milled.

I hope you like the plans so far, but was a quandary in that it can be a lot of changes.
Have a nice continued day!

And here are some pictures of the Define XL that will have saws that Dremels to laugh with joy
during the project.

Old 28th Dec 2011, 09:57   #3
ReDoZz
Minimodder

Working on chassie

Now I have begun to clear the chassis of the unnecessary, as well to save on weight before you to
take several pounds through the project period.
I mentioned in my previous post that I will run the district dual 2x120mm radiatorn down on the
ground floor of a principle called "Sandwich". How it works, I can describe a little short. There
will be an air tunnel that will go through the computer downstairs. The heat will be generated
will go out of the chassis sides where it will be cut and filled radgrills.
The fans on the right side will suck air and blow into the first radiator, a fan behind the first
will help to suck air and blow towards the second radiator, behind the second radiator to direct
a fan to expel the air through the chassis side.

I started by removing the mounting plate for the HDD cage and later drilled out the rivets on the
plane and later on the bottom to remove the.
And even then it started to plan a little how the radiator will sit. May also fit 140x2 but I
will probably run at 120x2 ist to place the radiator better in height.

I also put tape on the back of the motherboard plate as you see, what is inside the margin which
will take away so as not to interfere with the fan air flow.

[U] Some pictures of the work follows below: [/ U]

Old 28th Dec 2011, 10:00   #4
ReDoZz
Minimodder

The hardware im going to use

The hardware im going to use a while untils 8-cored LGA2011 CPUs are avaible

-Asus P6X58D-E
-Intel core i7 960
-Corsair Dominator GT 2000MHz 8-8-8-24 12GB + (12 or 6gb soon)
-2x Asus Geforce GTX480 (one 480gtx coming soon)

Not over to the pictures:

Old 28th Dec 2011, 10:05   #5
ReDoZz
Minimodder

Watercooling parts and plans

I have been thinking clearly about what the parts I'll use for my project. I begin with the radiators:
-a 480 radiator will be placed on top.
-a 120 radiator will be placed back on the chassis
- two 240 radiators will be located in Sandwich Principle on the bottom floor, making it possible I have to remove all hard drive rack there.

- CPU will be water cooled
- Three GPUs will be water cooled with water block from EK with a Serial EK GPU Bridge
- RAM-modules will be cooled with water block
- The motherboard will be cooled with a full cover or block that is adapted for mobo.

These parts, I have received so far:
CPU: EK Water Blocks EK-Supreme LT - Acetal
GPU: EK Water Blocks EK-FC480 GTX - Acetal
RAD: EK Water Blocks EK-cool stream RAD XT 120

Now to the pictures. The pictures can speak a bit of themselves in this case!

Old 28th Dec 2011, 10:08   #6
ReDoZz
Minimodder

Phanteks USA, my second sponsor!

Hey!

Now it was time for a little late update.
Like the title says, I have now been sponsored out Phankteks U.S. and remains my second sponsor during the project!
Now just wait until my products arrive and then there will be some pictures: D!

What they offered me was:

Old 28th Dec 2011, 11:18   #7
KidMod-Southpaw
Super Spamming Saiyan

KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.KidMod-Southpaw is definitely a rep cheat.
Aww, twin brothers modding! So cute! Anyway, looking like a great start, and those fans look like quite something!
KidMod-Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Dec 2011, 11:42   #8
ReDoZz
Minimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidMod-Southpaw View Post
Aww, twin brothers modding! So cute! Anyway, looking like a great start, and those fans look like quite something!
Haha thanks, yes indeed love the colourtheme, and they are going to fit perfectly in my chase
Old 28th Dec 2011, 12:27   #9
KoSoVaR^
Professional Sleever & Modder

KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidMod-Southpaw View Post
We are awsome :P
KoSoVaR^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Dec 2011, 18:44   #10
microsoftPerson
Hypermodder

microsoftPerson has yet to learn the way of the DremelmicrosoftPerson has yet to learn the way of the DremelmicrosoftPerson has yet to learn the way of the DremelmicrosoftPerson has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Glad this thread got sorted out for you. The colors are awesome.
Samsung F3 Spinpoint 1/2 TB + 2TB + Fractal Design Define R3 [black pearl]
microsoftPerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Dec 2011, 19:37   #11
ReDoZz
Minimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by microsoftPerson View Post
Glad this thread got sorted out for you. The colors are awesome.
Thank you so much! They are going to be wonderful!
Old 28th Dec 2011, 20:27   #12
peteski
long live the pc

peteski has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
cant wait to see what you do with the case as i have one
Old 28th Dec 2011, 20:56   #13
ReDoZz
Minimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteski View Post
cant wait to see what you do with the case as i have one
I will plague the chassis considerably, but it will be wonderful with more space for other water cooling items.
I hope you will enjoy it!
Old 28th Dec 2011, 21:05   #14
ReDoZz
Minimodder

Clean the CPU waterblock, sketchung up rad-position on top

Has now taken the big step and started planning what was going to sit on top.
Here I use out of a calculation model for a XSPC RX480 radiator that will fit best!
Will be wonderful to start working soon, but I wait for better times and new purchases will revive the project.

Future sponsors will but there may be surprises!

Also took the opportunity to clean my water block. But I took a couple of different methods to arrive at a desired result.
I started by removing the block and clean POM'et which was very easy. But when we get to the copper part so it became more difficult.
I made a greedy attempt and used ketchup ... proved to be good but not quite 100% effective!
Then I had and bought lemon water and poured into the block and let it stand for four hours while I was doing something else.
When I came back they had all the coverings come off and it was enough just to rinse off with warm water.
But still, it was not 100%.
Then I poured in the squeezed lemon lime and waited an hour and then it was all clean! Above expectations, it was lemon-lime great for cleaning the copper block and it's something that I highly recommend!

Old 29th Dec 2011, 22:41   #15
ReDoZz
Minimodder

Bitspower parts!

Merry Christmas all BT members!! ... And soon a hapy new year!! ... But now for something completely different

I have finally received my long awaited package from Bitspower, and the best part was that the mail guy came and delivered it to the door!
Is not much to say except that the water cooling parts were wonderful and the blocks were too damn fine!

Thanks to MR. V from Bitspower for a great deal and a nice price!
Bitspower is now declared as a sponsor for this project.

But now to the pictures, sad to report that my camera, it is still in service with the Nikon so I had to make a few phone pictures (iPhone 4s), but I promise that new images will replace them with new when my DSLR camera arrives.

Bitspower Hardwere parts:
1x Black Freezer AIX58NS (Matt Black Version)
1x Black Freezer MOS AMOSII POM Version
1x Black Freezer MOS AMOSIII POM Version
1x DIMM6 Block
4x Crystal Link Tube For Cross 5-Slots
2x Water Tank Z-Multi 150 (POM Version)

Fittings:
4x UV-Reactive O-Ring Set For G1/4" (10PCS)
6x G1/4" Matt Black Compression Fitting CC6 For ID 7/16" OD 5/8" Tube
8x G1/4" Matt Black Dual Rotary Angle Compression Fitting CC6 For ID 7/16" OD 5/8" Tube
8x G1/4" Matt Black Dual Rotary 45-Degree Compression Fitting CC6 For ID 7/16" OD 5/8" Tube
4x G1/4" Matt Black Triple Rotary 90-Degree Compression Fitting CC6 For ID 7/16" OD 5/8" Tube

Othert:
2x Thermal Pad A (94x19x0.5MM)
2x G1/4" Matt Black Q-Rotary IG1/4"X3 Extender
2x G1/4" Matt Black Temperature Sensor Stop Fitting
5x G1/4" G1/4" Matt Black Low Pro-file Stop Fitting

Old 30th Dec 2011, 00:06   #16
KoSoVaR^
Professional Sleever & Modder

KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
omehhhnomnomnom!
KoSoVaR^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Dec 2011, 03:11   #17
Bindibadgi
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.Bindibadgi is definitely a rep cheat.
Lovely!

I dunno how people/companies order things from BitsPower though, they have the shittest website ever! :O Glad to see a TW brand still doing it though - they've been going years!
Bindibadgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Dec 2011, 03:13   #18
Rhydian
Supermodder

Rhydian is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Rhydian is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Rhydian is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Rhydian is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Rhydian is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Rhydian is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Rhydian is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Rhydian is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Rhydian is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Rhydian is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Rhydian is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Really nice, this has given me an idea for my upgrade
Rhydian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Dec 2011, 22:10   #19
ReDoZz
Minimodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindibadgi View Post
Lovely!

I dunno how people/companies order things from BitsPower though, they have the shittest website ever! :O Glad to see a TW brand still doing it though - they've been going years!
Thank you so much! It was a little bit hard to contact with them, but when i got contact with MR V everything became better !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhydian View Post
Really nice, this has given me an idea for my upgrade
I hope my log gave you nice ideas , but dont steal my concept haha

Last edited by ReDoZz; 3rd Feb 2012 at 00:00.
Old 8th Feb 2012, 01:41   #20
ReDoZz
Minimodder

Unboxing Phantek CPU-Cooler & Fans

Now I'm back home from my wonderful vaccation. And thats the reason why it was quiet in my log, but apologize for that guys.

Has taken the initiative to take pictures on my fans and the CPU coolers and do a little unboxing guide for those who are looking to buy or just want to see Phanteks creations .
Will thank Phantek USA for this wonderful sponsorship, happiness and love for you <3!

But now the pictures:

- Phanteks PH TC14PE_BL (CPU-COOLER)

- Phanteks PH-F140TS (140mm Fans):

Tags
bitspower, fractal design define xl, phanteks usa, simplicity, watercooling

View Mode