Folder of the month April 2012

One_Box has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Thanks guys
Old 1st Mar 2012, 20:21   #62
Leroyingo
Multimodder

Leroyingo has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Congrats One Box

i7-2600k @ 4.5 & i3-540 @ 4.4/ 1 x GTX 275 / 1x 8800GTX (all 24/7)
i7-920 @ 4.0 / 1 x GTX 580 SOC / 1 x GTX 275 (occasional folders, mainly for gaming)
Leroyingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Mar 2012, 21:48   #63
cave_diver
Modding Virgin

cave_diver has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by One_Box View Post
In the top 20 overall of our team at last

Well done!

I've finally hit the top 100 of the team! I've still got a 2P opteron workstation I need to switch on as well....

Folding with: E3400, U7300, Opteron, E6750, Athlon64, 8800GTX x 2, GTX260 x 2
http://piro.pirocast.net/badge/fah01...255/538862.png
cave_diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Mar 2012, 13:21   #64
Unicorn
Uniform November India

Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.Unicorn is definitely a rep cheat.
It took a long, slow push over a period of several months, but I managed to finally hit 10 million points after stopping at just over 9 million last year. The final few thousand points actually came from a video encoding machine that I left running in the control room at the arena during the week. It's a noisy brute and it had to stay there this week anyway, so I left the clients running on it

Unfortunately, that's it from me for now folks. My participation in the CC this year is still up in the air at the moment. I've come to the conclusion that my "farm" (which is now down to three machines) costs far too much to run compared to something like dedicated CPU machines running SMP clients, but at the end of the day they're all going to be too costly to run for the next 12 months or so as I'm desperately trying to keep the bills paid and save money to start the GT4 project some time in the next year. So at the moment I'm planning on selling or re-tasking the two remaining dedicated machines that I have and stopping the clients on my file server. I've hit the milestone that I wanted to in this run, and until I can fold more efficiently and afford to do it 24/7, I'm taking a well deserved break. This also has a lot to do with warmer temperatures creeping in and my workshop still not being properly ventilated or cooled to handle 24/7 folding rigs. The noise stopped bothering me a long time ago because the servers make a racket anyway, but the temps get extremely high when the folding gear is running and the 295's constantly scream for cooler air that's never coming.

I won't say goodbye, just "good luck"

Folding stats

"For every stalwart bit-tech-worthy tech out there, another 2 cretinous arse-scratchers are out there pulling your patches and reconfiguring your ****." - Krikkit

Last edited by Unicorn; 10th Mar 2012 at 13:31.
Unicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Mar 2012, 23:36   #65
Christopher N. Lew
Folding in memory of my father

Christopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for president
Congratulations on the milestone

Hope you decide to join us for the Challenge - for some, if not all, of the time.
Old 12th Mar 2012, 17:58   #66
HackJoe
Supermodder

HackJoe is definitely a rep cheat.HackJoe is definitely a rep cheat.HackJoe is definitely a rep cheat.HackJoe is definitely a rep cheat.HackJoe is definitely a rep cheat.HackJoe is definitely a rep cheat.HackJoe is definitely a rep cheat.HackJoe is definitely a rep cheat.HackJoe is definitely a rep cheat.HackJoe is definitely a rep cheat.HackJoe is definitely a rep cheat.
Just passed 20,000,000 points folks, Yay me.

J.
Old 13th Mar 2012, 00:03   #67
Christopher N. Lew

Christopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by HackJoe View Post

J.
Old 13th Mar 2012, 08:12   #68
One_Box
Folder of the month April 2012

One_Box has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher N. Lew View Post
+1
Old 13th Mar 2012, 15:25   #69
Mark_Skeldon
Multimodder

Mark_Skeldon has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Broke through my first million last week

Just put another three i5's into the mix too

Didn't make it into the mag for some reason though :/
i7 2600k @4.6GHz, | Asus Maximus IV Gene-z | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws CL9 | 2x Gigabyte R8 280X | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD | Coolermaster RP Pro 1000w | Coolermaster Silencio 652 | Onkyo SR608 amp | Mordaunt Short components |
Mark_Skeldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Mar 2012, 15:55   #70
Mark_Skeldon
Multimodder

Mark_Skeldon has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Also my sig seems to have stopped displaying correctly.

I can't see it in my posts nor in my CP, yet if I go to preview when I'm writing a post I can. Weird

Folding stats
i7 2600k @4.6GHz, | Asus Maximus IV Gene-z | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws CL9 | 2x Gigabyte R8 280X | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD | Coolermaster RP Pro 1000w | Coolermaster Silencio 652 | Onkyo SR608 amp | Mordaunt Short components |
Mark_Skeldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Mar 2012, 22:02   #71
Leroyingo
Multimodder

Quote:

J.
Congratulatios HackJoe.

Nice work Mark. The Mag is approx 6 weeks behind on the stats.

i7-920 @ 4.0 / 1 x GTX 580 SOC / 1 x GTX 275 (occasional folders, mainly for gaming)
Old 14th Mar 2012, 22:33   #72
DocJonz
Another CPC refugee .....

DocJonz is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DocJonz is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DocJonz is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DocJonz is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DocJonz is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DocJonz is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DocJonz is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DocJonz is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DocJonz is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DocJonz is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DocJonz is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:

J.
Great milestone

(Keeping on the theme ...
I made a similar milestone to yours today ..... but with an extra zero )
Old 14th Mar 2012, 23:12   #73
Christopher N. Lew

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocJonz View Post
Nice One
Old 15th Mar 2012, 03:08   #74
Leroyingo
Multimodder

Way to go Doc

Old 16th Mar 2012, 17:33   #75
ArthurBuse
CustomBitChimps member

ArthurBuse has yet to learn the way of the DremelArthurBuse has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Skeldon View Post
Broke through my first million last week

Just put another three i5's into the mix too

Didn't make it into the mag for some reason though :/
I think it take about 6 weeks for milestones to appear in the magazine.
ArthurBuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Mar 2012, 19:07   #76
phoenicis
Retired Chimp

phoenicis has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Congrats Doc You're almost on me.
Old 18th Mar 2012, 17:00   #77
HackJoe
Supermodder

HackJoe is definitely a rep cheat.HackJoe is definitely a rep cheat.HackJoe is definitely a rep cheat.HackJoe is definitely a rep cheat.HackJoe is definitely a rep cheat.HackJoe is definitely a rep cheat.HackJoe is definitely a rep cheat.HackJoe is definitely a rep cheat.HackJoe is definitely a rep cheat.HackJoe is definitely a rep cheat.HackJoe is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Great milestone

lol.. wow, that's a big one. Congrats. Has any single contributor hit 1 billion points yet? I guess it would be easy enough to check.. *goes checks* huh.. I don't think a solitary person has.. unless 'HSPCS' and 'Awachs' are...

J.
Old 19th Mar 2012, 21:50   #78
DocJonz
Another CPC refugee .....

DocJonz is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DocJonz is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DocJonz is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DocJonz is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DocJonz is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DocJonz is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DocJonz is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DocJonz is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DocJonz is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DocJonz is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.DocJonz is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenicis View Post
Congrats Doc You're almost on me.
Thanks phoenicis.
It's been a long slog, but I'm getting there .... slowly!
Old 19th Mar 2012, 22:34   #79
Leroyingo
Multimodder

Passed the 13 mil mark and got my Aussie mug in the mag as folder of the month.

Old 19th Mar 2012, 22:39   #80
HackJoe
Supermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroyingo View Post
Passed the 13 mil mark and got my Aussie mug in the mag as folder of the month.
Congrats! There used to be a Thread for folder of the month I'm not sure if it made the transition from CPC to bit-tech. Shame for it is your month good sir and your contribution is to be celebrated.

J.