bit-tech.net

Old 21st Mar 2012, 17:03   #81
Tattysnuc
Thinking about which mod to do 1st.

Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Well, I'm down to a single machine (from 3x i7's) due to finances and incompetence [I broke a board ] but I have just finally cracked the 10 million mark! Woo hoo!
Old 21st Mar 2012, 17:43   #82
debs3759
Was that a warranty I just broke?

debs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyandebs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyandebs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyandebs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyandebs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyandebs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyandebs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyandebs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyandebs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyandebs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyandebs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
That's bad news on the board. What happened? Has something blown, or was it some sort of impact damage (which may be possible to repair)?

Congrats on the 10 million

HeatWare
debs3759 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Mar 2012, 18:35   #83
Christopher N. Lew
Folding in memory of my father

Christopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattysnuc View Post
finally cracked the 10 million mark!
I hope you haven't broken that as well.
Old 21st Mar 2012, 18:44   #84
Tattysnuc

Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Tattysnuc is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by debs3759 View Post
That's bad news on the board. What happened? Has something blown, or was it some sort of impact damage (which may be possible to repair)?

Congrats on the 10 million
the Swiftech retaining frame that you mount under the motherboard broke leaving the thumbscrew stuck. I had to cut the rear retention frame, and in trying to remove it I've scratched the back of the board. To cap it all, as I was removing the board from the case last night, I've left the watercooling loop installed, and the CPU block swung hitting the CPU socket area - bending the pins. I really do hope and pray the CPU is ok, otherwise I've consolidated 2 perfectly good working systems into... none, realising the value of only one of them.

I'm selling some of my bits to pay my bills at the moment, so I can't really afford to replace the board - I will try though... somehow. The memory, PSU etc are all fine, just the CPU and mobo I can't test.

Thanks for your help with this. I really do appreciate it. It really is reinforcing my view that I'm folding for the right team...
Old 21st Mar 2012, 18:55   #85
debs3759

debs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyandebs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyandebs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyandebs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyandebs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyandebs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyandebs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyandebs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyandebs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyandebs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyandebs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
If you want a mostly working (only one memory channel works because of a broken pin - I've been planning to use it in a benching system) Maximus IV Gene-Z we can work something out for a fair price (assuming the CPU tests good when it gets here) - possibly a trade for your spare 750W PSU. I would, of course, test it with your processor before sending, once I've tested the processor.

HeatWare
Old 22nd Mar 2012, 10:03   #86
Tattysnuc

Quote:
Originally Posted by debs3759 View Post
If you want a mostly working (only one memory channel works because of a broken pin - I've been planning to use it in a benching system) Maximus IV Gene-Z we can work something out for a fair price (assuming the CPU tests good when it gets here) - possibly a trade for your spare 750W PSU. I would, of course, test it with your processor before sending, once I've tested the processor.
Hmmm. I'd definitely consider that.

First things first, let me know how the CPU is because if that's no good, it all becomes moot

Thanks again for testing it for me. I did wonder why you had a board all set up sat around. It's not the first time I've done this - that's the reason I have an X58 board. Bought it several years ago with an OEM copy of Win 7, and for one reason or another the 2 sets of tri-memory channels are reduced to only 2 working slots, so I've popped the 2x4gb memory from my Z68 board in here.
Old 22nd Mar 2012, 19:54   #87
Tattysnuc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattysnuc View Post
Hmmm. I'd definitely consider that.

First things first, let me know how the CPU is because if that's no good, it all becomes moot

Thanks again for testing it for me. I did wonder why you had a board all set up sat around. It's not the first time I've done this - that's the reason I have an X58 board. Bought it several years ago with an OEM copy of Win 7, and for one reason or another the 2 sets of tri-memory channels are reduced to only 2 working slots, so I've popped the 2x4gb memory from my Z68 board in here.
CPU is sharted. B0!!0ck$. Time to start all over again....
Old 22nd Mar 2012, 21:28   #88
debs3759

If it's any consolation, I blew up the PSU in my SB-E system today. Spilt more water than I realised when I was moving the chiller from one system to the other (I'll be glad when I have all my systems plumbed in with QDCs). Fun all round. Not so bad for me though, coz I had a spare PSU that will do until I replace the one I nuked.

HeatWare
Old 28th Mar 2012, 09:52   #89
ArthurBuse
CustomBitChimps member

ArthurBuse has yet to learn the way of the DremelArthurBuse has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
The team reached five thousand million points earlier this week and is close to seven million work units. Well done everyone.
ArthurBuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Mar 2012, 23:59   #90
Christopher N. Lew
Folding in memory of my father

Christopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for presidentChristopher N. Lew should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArthurBuse View Post
The team reached five thousand million points earlier this week and is close to seven million work units. Well done everyone.
That's quite impressive. Well done to all team members however large or small their PPD.

I just overtook the CustomBitChimps after many weeks, which means we must be close to the 2012 Chimps Challenge.
Old 10th Apr 2012, 21:02   #91
Votick
My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

Votick is a Super Spamming SaiyanVotick is a Super Spamming SaiyanVotick is a Super Spamming SaiyanVotick is a Super Spamming SaiyanVotick is a Super Spamming SaiyanVotick is a Super Spamming SaiyanVotick is a Super Spamming SaiyanVotick is a Super Spamming SaiyanVotick is a Super Spamming SaiyanVotick is a Super Spamming SaiyanVotick is a Super Spamming Saiyan
3 mill next update

THE KRAKEN
Intel Xeon X5670 X2 (12C 24T) | 196GB DDR3 | 128GB SSD X2 RAID0
500GB WD Velociraptor X2 RAID 0 | Nvidia Geforce GTX670 | Creative SoundBlaster Fatal1ty Pro | Intel® X540 10GBe Ethernet Dual NIC
Votick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Apr 2012, 22:54   #92
FingAZ
Minimodder

FingAZ has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
1 Million! Yay! Feels a bit noobish, but every little helps! Hoping to reach 2mil early May...
Old 17th Apr 2012, 19:54   #93
Slowlemon
Multimodder

Slowlemon has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hi all, this is my first post on the Forum but i`ve been folding for team 35947 for a couple of months.
I hit the top 500 in the team today and hit 900,000 points. I am working my way up the listings one step at a time, I should hit 1Million next week.
Slowlemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Apr 2012, 02:36   #94
Leroyingo
Multimodder

Leroyingo has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Congrats FingAZ on your fist million. I better watch out as you have just appeared as a threat to overtake me in 10.1 years.
Congrats also slowlemon and welcome to the forum.

i7-2600k @ 4.5 & i3-540 @ 4.4/ 1 x GTX 275 / 1x 8800GTX (all 24/7)
i7-920 @ 4.0 / 1 x GTX 580 SOC / 1 x GTX 275 (occasional folders, mainly for gaming)
Leroyingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Apr 2012, 23:34   #95
StreetSam
Supermodder

StreetSam has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hi All,

Well at last I'm there 100,000,000 here's to the next one. (hundred million)
Old 19th Apr 2012, 00:23   #96
debs3759

Congrats on the 100 million!

HeatWare
Old 19th Apr 2012, 00:36   #97
cave_diver
Modding Virgin

cave_diver has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSam View Post
Hi All,

bloody well done!

Folding with: E3400, U7300, Opteron, E6750, Athlon64, 8800GTX x 2, GTX260 x 2
http://piro.pirocast.net/badge/fah01...255/538862.png
cave_diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Apr 2012, 00:44   #98
Slowlemon
Multimodder

Slowlemon has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Leroyingo, thank you for your kind words.
StreetSam, congratulations that is a big milestone. keep it up.
Slowlemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Apr 2012, 07:19   #99
Scorpuk
Supermodder

Scorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run Crysis
Yay 3 million and going strong. :-)

Shame the HPCS beta will be ending shortly. Bye bye ~28k ppd.

Folding Summary
Phantek Enthoo Primo; Asus Sabertooth X79; i7-3930K; 2 x EVGA GeForce GTX TITAN BLACK Hydro Copper Signature; 16GB DDR3 2400MHz; Silverstone SilverStone SST-ST1200-G; Samsung 500GB 840 Evo; 2TB HDD; Windows 7 Ult. 64bit.
Scorpuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Apr 2012, 08:21   #100
DocJonz
Another CPC refugee .....

DocJonz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!DocJonz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!DocJonz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!DocJonz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!DocJonz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!DocJonz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!DocJonz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!DocJonz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!DocJonz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!DocJonz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!DocJonz - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSam View Post
Hi All,

Great job
Welcome to the 9-digit club