bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 5th Jan 2012, 23:10   #41
KoSoVaR^
Professional Sleever & Modder

KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.KoSoVaR^ is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l3p View Post
The worlds fastest modder! Love your work Richard!
I would rather say like this:
-I hate you Richard !
I had the exactly same idea for the top and the bottom chamber(almost) but with an tripple rad-guard instead ;D
Keep on the good work mate and good luck !
KoSoVaR^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2012, 08:36   #42
JdotH
What's a Dremel?

JdotH has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Kier, I am very pleased to see your efforts.

Are you going to do a window?
Seeing as there isnt one, and most people want to actually see their nifty/expensive stuff inside, you should do an uber window.
Like maybe a window that is double paned so that the liquid cooling can go through it....and in the window you could have your sponsors or some feature for the liquid to pass around/over....oh and quick disconnects so the door can still be removed.

Either way...I am thrilled to see you hadeling this case.
Cheers.
JdotH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2012, 13:57   #43
damien c
Mad FPS Gamer

damien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Subbed!!

Based on your previous work this is going to be an amazing mod!

Looking at this case more and more and thinking of getting one myself as it look's like it could, hold a Quad 120mm rad at the top and 1 in the bottom with a Dual 120mm rad as well.

Still trying to decide what case to use for my next build, but it need's plenty of space for all the rad's I want.

Anyway will be keeping an eye on this.
damien c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jan 2012, 21:33   #44
kier
-----------------

kier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for president

Update: The front

These last few days i've continued with the appearance of the case. I want the front to turn black / white. So I have sawn a piece 3mm black acrylic, the same pattern as the white plate. Only now with the recesses 5mm smaller.

White plate on it

I like the looks of it. Also have now some great air in/ outlets, finishing of this part later

I previously mentioned that the controller is coming in the upper 5.25 compartment togheter with the I/O stuff, all of this in the black and white theme

So marked a 5mm white acrylic piece

To keep everything in place there is coming a piece of black acrylic behind it with recesses for the controller and I/O stuff

Witch is placed like this

To get a nice contrast around the controller, I've cut and filed a edge of 3mm black acrylic

And also made two black strips cut for the I/O stuff

And placed in the Cosmos

For the lower I/O section cut rectangles and circles for the USB and audio

And after some carefully filing

Top I / O section also done, and put everything in it for the looks

Above the Cosmos controller is still a big white surface, this seems to me a nice place to put a display.
For this the perfect display: The Aquaero 5 XT. So ordered and received

Hmm that's a unpleasant surprise, the controller with touch buttons isn't black anymore (like the older version) but Aqua Computer has replaced / filled this with stainless steel buttons.

Itself is looking very nice with the new buttons... but not for this build. So first i'm going to try to get an "older" version. Until I know more I will stop working out the display.

That's it my modding friends

Last edited by kier; 18th Jan 2012 at 08:18.
kier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jan 2012, 02:34   #45
dmcgrath
Master of Pancakes

dmcgrath has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldmcgrath has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldmcgrath has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldmcgrath has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldmcgrath has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldmcgrath has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Ah wow, I love the treatment you did on the front there. I'm still mulling around where all my connectors are going to go back into my mod. This is noteworthy
dmcgrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jan 2012, 04:28   #46
dark4181
Ero-sennin-tebayo

dark4181 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Wow.. just.. wow O.O
Intel e6550, eVGA 680 A1 D00 revision (P32 BIOS, latest drivers) eVGA 7900gs, 2x1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz @ 1.85v, Corsair 620HX, Seagate Barracuda 500GB x2, Pioneer DVR-212D (SATA), CoolerMaster Cosmos S
dark4181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jan 2012, 08:02   #47
Sarakon
The German

Sarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming Saiyan
That front is really awesome, suits the case really well
Old 18th Jan 2012, 10:16   #48
weatherdown
What's this button fo......

weatherdown has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
love the contrast look
EVGA X58 4 Way SLI Classified Mainboard | Intel® Core™ i7 975 @ 3.8GHz | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H50 | Corsair CMD 12GB DDR3 1600MHz | DUAL NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275 896 MB GDDR3 SLi'd | (2) WD 300GB VelociRaptor SATA III | WD 2TB SATA II | WD 3TB SATA III
weatherdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jan 2012, 15:10   #49
kier
-----------------

kier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for president
Update

Just a small update about the cover at the right bottom.
First idea was to make this cover with a angle just like the other side, but a change of plans.
This is now becoming a straight cover, but with 2 HDD attached to it. The place for the HDD's was a bit limited because I removed the HDD cages and almost all the space is occupied by the water cooling products

So this is a nice solution. There will also be a SSD, but this is placed on the side of the 5.25 bay

For the cover I sawn a piece aluminum and marked it

Bent it

Cut out the Fanholes again

And drilled the holes for the HDDs. Of course I will make some adjustments for noise reduction

All placed like this

Also made the recess for the cables

Old 18th Jan 2012, 15:12   #50
[ZiiP] NaloaC
I Mod, Therefore I Own

[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Looking good Kier!
Sui Generis: i7 920, Corsair H50, 6GB Dominator C7 1600, EVGA x58 SLI LE, Corsair F3 120GB SSD & Samsung EVO 250GB SSD, Samsung F3 1TB x 2, Sapphire R9 290, Corsair HX850W, Corsair Obsidian 800D, Iiyama 26" Prolite, Logitech G15, Logitech G5, Sennheiser PC350.
[ZiiP] NaloaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jan 2012, 17:49   #51
SilveR_172
Supermodder

SilveR_172 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSilveR_172 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
looking very nice =)

i want to get sponsored by cooler master for a Cosmos 2 Got loads of ideas floating around !
SilveR_172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jan 2012, 19:45   #52
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
So there's enough space in the bottom chamber to mount drives vertically? -friggen HUGE, man! Brilliant placement, BTW.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jan 2012, 04:17   #53
r1sKas
Orange or White? Lets mod!

r1sKas is a Super Spamming Saiyanr1sKas is a Super Spamming Saiyanr1sKas is a Super Spamming Saiyanr1sKas is a Super Spamming Saiyanr1sKas is a Super Spamming Saiyanr1sKas is a Super Spamming Saiyanr1sKas is a Super Spamming Saiyanr1sKas is a Super Spamming Saiyanr1sKas is a Super Spamming Saiyanr1sKas is a Super Spamming Saiyanr1sKas is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Your just:

**** YEA xD

Great job, will follow it for sure
r1sKas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jan 2012, 21:51   #54
kier
-----------------

Just a small addition

I've covered the two plates with black vinyl, which gives the same black color as the rest of the case

And placed them

Pics with the white front

Old 19th Jan 2012, 22:05   #55
Pranja
Blackwolf

Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pranja is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Good job. Now,please MOAR.
Pranja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Feb 2012, 23:34   #56
Nutman
Never stuck with stock@Hotmods.net

Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
That looks OSM!
Subbed without a doubt.

Project: Nutman - Sponsored by: Coolerkit - Specialtech - EK Waterblocks
Nutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Feb 2012, 19:55   #57
renrenderla
What's a Dremel?

renrenderla has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Looking Good! More updates please!
renrenderla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Feb 2012, 20:16   #58
kier
-----------------

Update!!!

I would like to welcome a great sponsor for this build, the shop that has everything .... IT-Service.be

IT- service/ Eddy Thanks for the nice discounts.

For this build I purchased a nice new mobo: The Asus SABERTOOTH X79

Really a great motherboard, here some pics:

Some standard stuff

And the motherboard

Placed right away in the cosmos

So the Sabertooth, really is a beautiful mobo

I also bought some beautiful rams to fill up the sabertooth, 3 x the Corsair 4 GB DDR3-1600 Kit

I will place EK ram coolers on these.
En last but not least, the white Xigmatek XOF-F1251 fans, which fit perfectly with this build

Placed on top

360 rad fits

In the last update I had shown you the white midplate, Ive adjusted it a bit for 2 pumps

Which will be placed like this

Received approval from my great friend

And also cut a white acrylic plate for the mobo tray

Beneath and beside the motherboard I have a lot of space, this will be filled up
I would like the same line as the EK tops, and I want a nice light distribution in terms of the illuminated midplate. For this I am going to raise the midplate about 4 cm, for this I have sawn and bent an aluminum strip cut

Behind it I placed 2 CFL lights, and we have an illuminated midplate

For an even better light distribution I will do some adjustments, but more on this later.
I've made a bracket for the rad

I still need to make the top bracket but this I will do later

Enough room for the fittings

And here the radiator with fans

Applied a layer vinyl coating to the strip

Looking good I think

Grtzzz

Old 5th Feb 2012, 20:22   #59
dark4181
Ero-sennin-tebayo

dark4181 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Holy crap O.O
Intel e6550, eVGA 680 A1 D00 revision (P32 BIOS, latest drivers) eVGA 7900gs, 2x1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz @ 1.85v, Corsair 620HX, Seagate Barracuda 500GB x2, Pioneer DVR-212D (SATA), CoolerMaster Cosmos S
dark4181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Feb 2012, 20:26   #60
r1sKas
Orange or White? Lets mod!

r1sKas is a Super Spamming Saiyanr1sKas is a Super Spamming Saiyanr1sKas is a Super Spamming Saiyanr1sKas is a Super Spamming Saiyanr1sKas is a Super Spamming Saiyanr1sKas is a Super Spamming Saiyanr1sKas is a Super Spamming Saiyanr1sKas is a Super Spamming Saiyanr1sKas is a Super Spamming Saiyanr1sKas is a Super Spamming Saiyanr1sKas is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Love your fans m8!

Keep going your good work ;D
r1sKas is offline   Reply With Quote

View Mode