bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 1st May 2012, 11:29   #121
kier
-----------------

kier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for president
Thanks y'all

kier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2012, 13:32   #122
Phyonics
Modder

Phyonics has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Looking sweet
Phyonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2012, 14:59   #123
Noob?
Dremel?

Noob? is definitely a rep cheat.Noob? is definitely a rep cheat.Noob? is definitely a rep cheat.Noob? is definitely a rep cheat.Noob? is definitely a rep cheat.Noob? is definitely a rep cheat.Noob? is definitely a rep cheat.Noob? is definitely a rep cheat.Noob? is definitely a rep cheat.Noob? is definitely a rep cheat.Noob? is definitely a rep cheat.
Thats one sweet case, if prices come down, I'm snapping one up!

Builds looking good mate!
Noob? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2012, 20:54   #124
kier
-----------------

kier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for presidentkier should be considered for president

Second loop ready without any major problems

Old 1st May 2012, 22:42   #125
SilveR_172
Supermodder

SilveR_172 has yet to learn the way of the DremelSilveR_172 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Would have gone with black in the 2nd loop , But thats all good project , Like it alot , you got it all up and running now ?

benchmarks ? :P
SilveR_172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2012, 23:07   #126
Nutman
Never stuck with stock@Hotmods.net

Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Wonderful, wonderful.

What tube is that?

EDIT: Nevermind... found the answer by actually READING the worklog. What gives???

Quote:
Originally Posted by kier View Post
For the tubing i am using Masterkleer 3/8 ID - 1/2 OD Clear
How does it hold up when the fluid heats up? You make some pretty tight bends in some of your builds. Ever had it kink up on you when the fluid gets hotter?

Project: Nutman - Sponsored by: Coolerkit - Specialtech - EK Waterblocks

Last edited by Nutman; 1st May 2012 at 23:20.
Nutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2012, 12:40   #127
kier
-----------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilveR_172 View Post
Would have gone with black in the 2nd loop , But thats all good project , Like it alot , you got it all up and running now ?

benchmarks ? :P
Not ready yet, need to do the front, place a window in the sidepanel and some small stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutman View Post
Wonderful, wonderful.

What tube is that?

EDIT: Nevermind... found the answer by actually READING the worklog. What gives???

How does it hold up when the fluid heats up? You make some pretty tight bends in some of your builds. Ever had it kink up on you when the fluid gets hotter?
I specially didnt use the tygon tube (kinks easily), but some with better stiffness. so hopefully this will work

Old 3rd May 2012, 20:28   #128
kier
-----------------

Tonight I spent some time to the front. I changed the plan to put the usb and other stuff into the front regarding the looks and the space behind the panel.

I think this looks better now without the, usb stuff and without the touch buttons from the Aquaero. These doesn't look good and do not work properly in my opinion

So i've cut 3 pieces of 3mm acrylic. The first one looks like this

And two of them like this. One of them with a smaller recess for the display

Everything put together

The touch buttons I do not need because I can set everything with the remote control. And once set I usually do nothing more with it, just look at the temps. The remote has a good range like this, so it's okay

Placed in the Cosmos

Power on

I doubt whether I'm going to put black or carbon on the acrylic.

Old 3rd May 2012, 22:21   #129
Foregasm
Multimodder

Foregasm has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Absolutely beautiful. You are a true modding genius.
Old 4th May 2012, 12:19   #130
kier
-----------------

Thanks m8

Old 4th May 2012, 12:35   #131
Spreadie
http://goo.gl/vNwEky

Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.Spreadie is definitely a rep cheat.
Lovely build. Your cable management is stunning.

I too was wondering about the tight bends in the tubing - which looks great BTW. Have you had any experience with Tygon laboratory grade tubing?

2500K|Z77E-ITX|8GB|680|3007WFP-HC|DS Cube
Spreadie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2012, 15:17   #132
kenco_uk
I unsuccessfully then tried again

kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.kenco_uk is definitely a rep cheat.
So crisp! I love the individual holes for the cable management, just so over the top
Old 5th May 2012, 02:20   #133
dirky90
Supermodder

dirky90 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dirky90 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dirky90 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dirky90 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dirky90 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dirky90 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dirky90 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dirky90 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dirky90 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dirky90 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.dirky90 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
kier - a quick question mate, how do you keep all the cables parallel without any zip ties or anything?? my cables always seem to do there own things.

cheers
dirky90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2012, 07:59   #134
kier
-----------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spreadie View Post
Lovely build. Your cable management is stunning.

I too was wondering about the tight bends in the tubing - which looks great BTW. Have you had any experience with Tygon laboratory grade tubing?
Thanks Spreadie, Only experience is with watercooling. But for this build i've ordered 3 brands.
Feser, Masterkleer and Tygon for testing the curves. Feser was the one with the most stiffness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenco_uk View Post
So crisp! I love the individual holes for the cable management, just so over the top
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirky90 View Post
kier - a quick question mate, how do you keep all the cables parallel without any zip ties or anything?? my cables always seem to do there own things

cheers
Thank you,
Do you mean the Sata, GPU or 24pins cable? The Sata is done with zip ties behind the mobo tray, the gpu and 24pins are holding the parallel position because the individual holes. Straight lines from hole to connector.

Old 7th May 2012, 18:11   #135
kier
-----------------

The wurst thing happened to me .... lost the flat cable connecting the PCB push button and the controller.
In the beginning I was thinking that I must put the flatcable somewhere save before I lose it.
So I've lost it . Fortunately there was Ruud from Coolermaster, who still has parts of the Cosmos
Cooler Master Europe Store for all your spare parts.
Ruud... thanks man!

And everything is online again

Inverse color display is a nice thing

slide panel closed again, nothing to see anymore

Cable management is still a big mess, but this is how I placed the controller

This will become more organised ​​
Drilled a hole for the switches and HDD LED

And I have cut a 3mm black piece of acrylic to make a cover for the side bay, I don't like holes and slots So this will disappear.

Made a second layer and cut out the form of the CM push buttons.

Placed the first layer back

Second layer on top

Past some black film on the second layer

And the result

Nice, tight and the good color.
I also been busy with the XL window for the Cosmos. What appeared to be quite a challenge because lots of plastic and little space

The acrylic window I've made ​​1cm larger as the existing hole.

Need to put more pressure on the edges , but this is how it becomes

For pasting the metal cover back on the plastic, I used contact adhesive. This is because I don't have to much space for double sided tape, and it just needs to be good. Placed everywhere clamps and other stuff, which will stay on for a night. And need to make the inside a bit nicer. Ofcourse after installing the window wanted to see how it looks.

And also have been playing with the enlightened midplate for some nightshots. I'm also thinking to put some lights in the midsection or top.

That's it for now...Grtz.

Old 7th May 2012, 23:57   #136
Nutman
Never stuck with stock@Hotmods.net

Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Nutman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
+1 rep for using the word "wurst"!!!

Project: Nutman - Sponsored by: Coolerkit - Specialtech - EK Waterblocks
Nutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2012, 00:07   #137
jhanlon303
The Keeper of History

jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
+rep

john
Old 8th May 2012, 05:51   #138
wratterus
Minimodder

wratterus has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
So clean, looks fantastic.
wratterus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2012, 06:31   #139
kier
-----------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutman View Post
+1 rep for using the word "wurst"!!!
Thanks for the rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhanlon303 View Post
+rep

john
Thanks John

Quote:
Originally Posted by wratterus View Post
So clean, looks fantastic.
Have change the front a little bit. The made the white acrylic black. Hope you like it

Old 8th May 2012, 10:45   #140
Overminde
Multimodder

Overminde has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Wonderful build this is looking just great

View Mode