bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Project Logs

Old 26th Feb 2012, 08:49   #121
Asouter
--------

Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.
Damn I wish I had access to a workshop like that .... err well maybe not it'd be wasted on me , great skills mate

Current Project : BITZA
Asouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Feb 2012, 08:54   #122
Paslis
Supermodder

Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrizzle View Post
Ohhhh, that is nice

Can you be persuaded to send the drawings of the I/O Panel out to me? Or are they only for yourself? Mad props
Thanks myrizzle and i made 3 in total so i have 2 left maby you are interested in 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnG3L View Post
Awesomeness in its wow kingdom!!!!!
Thanks AnG3L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
Too good, looks like one pulled from another case it's so good.
Thanks waynio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoSoVaR^ View Post
Awsome , wouldnt it be better with 9 pci-e expansionslots instead of 7 ???
Thanks mate but 7 is enough for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
Isn't an ATX enough power?
Would you want a rig generating that much heat just over your crotch?
-Forget I asked...
Hehe my tought Cheapskate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteski View Post
nice work mate
Thanks mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig - toyoracer View Post
Real nice back-plate, any chance you will fill the corners and short side on pci area to have even flange all around.
Thanks craig and that depends on how it looks when all stuff is build in.Its mounted whit screws so i always have a chance to fill the corners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selfmindles View Post
Nice work!!!!!
Thanks Selfmindles.
Paslis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Feb 2012, 08:55   #123
Paslis
Supermodder

Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Paslis - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asouter View Post
Damn I wish I had access to a workshop like that .... err well maybe not it'd be wasted on me , great skills mate
Thanks Asouter.
Old 11th Mar 2012, 17:50   #124
Paslis
Supermodder

Update 7 - 11 March 2012

Last week i received a very nice package from Noiseblocker with the multiframe casefans for my desk.Noiseblocker sponsord me with a huge discount.

The package with the multiframe casefans.

Thank you very much Noiseblocker and specially Andreas.

This weekend i made the bracket for the column to mount my lcd panels.First i collected all the materials i needed and cutt,drilled and welded them.

All parts are finisht.

Now its time to putt them together and mount the bracket onto the column.

Now thats finisht i can mount the panels and this is how it looks.

I also made a short movie of the panels in action.I was suprised how smooth they move.The column makes no noise and it lifts the panels roch solid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0Xyn...d2AUAAAAAAAAAA

This was it for today and more to come.
Old 11th Mar 2012, 19:46   #125
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.Cheapskate is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paslis View Post
Someone want's a hug. Slick work.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Mar 2012, 19:57   #126
peteski
long live the pc

peteski has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paslis View Post

This weekend i made the bracket for the column to mount my lcd panels.First i collected all the materials i needed and cutt,drilled and welded them.
you make it sound so easy lol . looking good mate love them two screens
Old 11th Mar 2012, 20:22   #127
Asouter
--------

Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.Asouter is definitely a rep cheat.
Very smooth, loved the vid. Does the column have a lower limit ? Those panels would look even better if they went low enough to hide behind the desk. The visual impact of them appearing from the back would be stunning. Love the engineering on your build

Current Project : BITZA
Asouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Mar 2012, 20:25   #128
kelmannen
Supermodder

kelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
And HOW did i miss this!?!?!?!? Fantastic work mate! Have done a little tig welding, sell the machines so need to know what im selling... :-) Have also worked as field mechanic so there i used a lot of arc welding in steel but not much tig, that's is to bad because i wan't that knowledge now and need it to build alu stuff :P

At my work we just call those rivets (the threaded ones) pop-nut :-P that might be becuse in swedish the common name for a rivet is pop-nit (nit=rivet) and then pop-nut comes very handy even tho it's english :-P

do you still have some leftover pci bracket?
kelmannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Mar 2012, 04:54   #129
myrizzle
Multimodder

myrizzle has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmannen View Post
And HOW did i miss this!?!?!?!? Fantastic work mate! Have done a little tig welding, sell the machines so need to know what im selling... :-) Have also worked as field mechanic so there i used a lot of arc welding in steel but not much tig, that's is to bad because i wan't that knowledge now and need it to build alu stuff :P

At my work we just call those rivets (the threaded ones) pop-nut :-P that might be becuse in swedish the common name for a rivet is pop-nit (nit=rivet) and then pop-nut comes very handy even tho it's english :-P

They call them pop-nut in Denmark too
myrizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Mar 2012, 05:11   #130
craig - toyoracer
Supermodder

craig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysiscraig - toyoracer can run Crysis
I see you mounted a back plate cover, very clean.

Slick adjustable arms and the new column mounting looks so much nicer. Good work mate.
Old 12th Mar 2012, 05:13   #131
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
Superfine work Paslis & that monitor setup is pure cheesecake & then the super smooth motion of the lift, man this really is a dream rig dude.

Really fitting name for the project. rep
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Mar 2012, 14:44   #132
Paslis
Supermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate View Post
Someone want's a hug. Slick work.
Didnt see it that way but your right it needs a hug. Thanks Cheapskate.

Quote:
you make it sound so easy lol . looking good mate love them two screens
Thanks peteski and it was allot of work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asouter View Post
Very smooth, loved the vid. Does the column have a lower limit ? Those panels would look even better if they went low enough to hide behind the desk. The visual impact of them appearing from the back would be stunning. Love the engineering on your build
Thanks Asouter and i can lower the bracket but the dimensions of the desk are to small to lett the panels hide.

Quote:

Thanks mate and good to hear you did some welding also.Thanks for the swedish lesson and i have 2 pci bracket leftovers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrizzle View Post
They call them pop-nut in Denmark too
Nice to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig - toyoracer View Post
I see you mounted a back plate cover, very clean.

Slick adjustable arms and the new column mounting looks so much nicer. Good work mate.
Thanks craig and your right about the new column mounting it looks indeed better.

Quote:
Superfine work Paslis & that monitor setup is pure cheesecake & then the super smooth motion of the lift, man this really is a dream rig dude.

Really fitting name for the project. rep
Thanks Waynio.I am very happy with the end result and im still impressed with the motion of the lift.The panels didnt move at all.
Old 12th Mar 2012, 15:02   #133
Korvus
May contain traces of sanity.

Korvus - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Korvus - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Korvus - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Korvus - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Korvus - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Korvus - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Korvus - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Korvus - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Korvus - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Korvus - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Korvus - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Very neatly done, very impressive
Korvus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Mar 2012, 18:48   #134
quizz_kid
Squid

quizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youquizz_kid - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Amazing work as always there Paslis!!

Follow me on: http://www.facebook.com/enannanvision
quizz_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Mar 2012, 22:13   #135
Paslis
Supermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech_Jakl View Post
Very neatly done, very impressive
Thanks mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quizz_kid View Post
Amazing work as always there Paslis!!
Thanks quizz-kid.
Old 17th Mar 2012, 18:39   #136
Paslis
Supermodder

Update 8 17 March 2012.

Today i started with the foot for the desk.Im gonna use a frame with plastic feet and 2 mount plates for mounting the columns.On top of the frame there will be a cover.

First i cutt the pieces im using for the frame.

Then i drilled the holes for the M8 rivet nuts and put them in.

These are the plastic feet im gonna use.

Then i drilled the holes in the mounting plates for the columns.The holes are 12,5mm and thats the hole i need for a M10 stainless steel welding nut.

Welded the nuts.

All parts are finisht so now its time to put all the pieces together.

Then i mounted the plastic feet and the frame is finisht.

This was it for today and more to come.
Old 17th Mar 2012, 18:54   #137
Waynio
Mmmm Donuts

Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.Waynio is definitely a rep cheat.
That is an awesome pile of progress, think my motivation is really high now to get back onto doing mine.
Waynio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Mar 2012, 19:47   #138
peteski
long live the pc

peteski has yet to learn the way of the Dremel

i did wounder what the hols were for and now i know great work +rep to you
Old 17th Mar 2012, 20:34   #139
kelmannen
Supermodder

kelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelkelmannen has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:

he's workbench is a jig-table, usually used to reproduce stuff very exactly, but somtimes also used as a mountingtable for welder (as in this case) :P Downside is that they are VERY expensive... '-_-
I guess he also have a couple of extensions to "build" things in 3D?

Hopes that i someday completes my first scratchbuild...
kelmannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Mar 2012, 14:16   #140
Paslis
Supermodder

Quote:
That is an awesome pile of progress, think my motivation is really high now to get back onto doing mine.
Yeah i know it was a good day. Go for it mate.

Quote:

Thanks peteski. kelmannen's explanation is right so i dont have to tell anything more.

Quote:
he's workbench is a jig-table, usually used to reproduce stuff very exactly, but somtimes also used as a mountingtable for welder (as in this case) :P Downside is that they are VERY expensive... '-_-
I guess he also have a couple of extensions to "build" things in 3D?
Your right kelmannen and i also have some extensions.

View Mode