bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 9th Jan 2012, 14:43   #1
brumgrunt
Ultramodder

brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Corsair H100 Review

Corsair looks to grab the top spot with the H100 in the all-in-one liquid cooler market.

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cooling/2012/01/09/corsair-h100-review/1

Last edited by brumgrunt; 9th Jan 2012 at 14:49.
brumgrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jan 2012, 15:26   #2
steveo_mcg
I Mod, Therefore I Own

steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Shouldn't there be a price as reviewed? I know its not difficult to find a price but it helps to give a reference point for the Value score.

Good review though.
Old 9th Jan 2012, 16:13   #3
rogerrabbits
Banned

rogerrabbits has yet to learn the way of the Dremelrogerrabbits has yet to learn the way of the Dremelrogerrabbits has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Lol 4 degrees better than a Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro - at full speed! Seems pretty pants.
rogerrabbits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jan 2012, 19:06   #4
Taffy
Folding for Margaret 17/3/2011 RIP

Taffy has yet to learn the way of the DremelTaffy has yet to learn the way of the DremelTaffy has yet to learn the way of the DremelTaffy has yet to learn the way of the DremelTaffy has yet to learn the way of the DremelTaffy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I would like to have seen the figures for a 4 fan setup, my Lian Li has the necessary 2 fan cutout and I was waiting for this review but am a little dissappointed especially as the article mentions that the controller has the connectors for the 4 fans
Old 9th Jan 2012, 19:17   #5
AoE
Banned

AoE is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.AoE is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.AoE is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.AoE is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.AoE is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.AoE is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.AoE is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.AoE is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.AoE is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.AoE is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.AoE is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Nice I will get my H80 tomorrow cant wait
AoE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jan 2012, 20:36   #6
Combatus
Custom PC/bit-tech modding sections

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo_mcg
Shouldn't there be a price as reviewed? I know its not difficult to find a price but it helps to give a reference point for the Value score.

Good review though.
Added! Doh!
Is the res loud, like, constantly making you need a piss loud?
Combatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jan 2012, 20:38   #7
Combatus

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerrabbits
Lol 4 degrees better than a Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro - at full speed! Seems pretty pants.
Not on the LGA2011 system which is why it wins an award
Old 9th Jan 2012, 22:23   #8
Bakes
Hypermodder

Bakes has yet to learn the way of the DremelBakes has yet to learn the way of the DremelBakes has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'm going to 'be that guy' and point out that if you have enough for a LGA2011 setup, you probably have enough for a 'proper' watercooling loop. It costs more, sure (I'd place a good setup at around 180) but would give superior cooling.
Bakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jan 2012, 23:25   #9
thetrashcanman
Angel headed hipsters

thetrashcanman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.thetrashcanman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.thetrashcanman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.thetrashcanman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.thetrashcanman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.thetrashcanman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.thetrashcanman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.thetrashcanman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.thetrashcanman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.thetrashcanman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.thetrashcanman is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Piece of cack
Old 9th Jan 2012, 23:36   #10
littlepuppi
Currently playing MWO and loving it

littlepuppi is a Super Spamming Saiyanlittlepuppi is a Super Spamming Saiyanlittlepuppi is a Super Spamming Saiyanlittlepuppi is a Super Spamming Saiyanlittlepuppi is a Super Spamming Saiyanlittlepuppi is a Super Spamming Saiyanlittlepuppi is a Super Spamming Saiyanlittlepuppi is a Super Spamming Saiyanlittlepuppi is a Super Spamming Saiyanlittlepuppi is a Super Spamming Saiyanlittlepuppi is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I run it with 2 x GT's blowing through with enermax's on the outside for looks, 4.6ghz it only just goes over 60 degrees on IBT at Maximum, amazing cooler.

PS chip is 3930k
250GB Evo | 1TB SSHD | 500GB SATA
littlepuppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2012, 00:34   #11
Gradius
IT Consultant

Gradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for presidentGradius should be considered for president
You guys should put the noise on graphics too, as important as cooling factor is also the SILENT from it!
Gradius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2012, 00:44   #12
Pookeyhead
It's big, and it's clever.

Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.Pookeyhead is definitely a rep cheat.
This concurs with my findings. The H100 is rubbish. BTW.. you can't possibly live with it on medium or full unless you change the fans. It's stupidly noisy. It's also rubbish, and struggles to cool my 4.7 overclock. IBT running with fans on high, sees 83 degrees. No idea how littlepuppi gets those temps, but fans can't make up that much difference.
MAIN RIG |Intel i7 3960X @ 4.7GHz Asus Rampage IV Extreme 16Gb Mushkin DDR3 2133 512GB Samsung 830 SSD 4TB of HDD Storage 4GB EVGA GTX670 Superclocked SLI Corsair 650D Eizo ColorEdge CG303W & Dell 2007FP Logitech Z623
EARTH| Celeron E3200 Gigabyte G31M-ES2L LSI SAS9260-8i 3TB RAID5 Headless - VNC administered
MOON | Thecus N3200pro 3TB RAID5
Pookeyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2012, 01:07   #13
Combatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes
I'm going to 'be that guy' and point out that if you have enough for a LGA2011 setup, you probably have enough for a 'proper' watercooling loop. It costs more, sure (I'd place a good setup at around 180) but would give superior cooling.
They probably do but water-cooling is still a very niche area and many people simply don't want the hassle/are afraid of leaks etc etc. For those people, some of the new all-in-one liquid coolers are the next best thing and are far easier to install.
Old 10th Jan 2012, 01:10   #14
LennyRhys
Air Cooled

LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.LennyRhys is definitely a rep cheat.
Depends on the chip Pookey - Simon's 990X runs a good 10C cooler than the 980X I had before at the same frequencies. Some chips just run insanely cool, and it's lilkely that littlepuppi's is one of the good uns.

The hierarchy of non-extreme CPU cooling should be simply Air -> Water. Closed loop coolers are nothing more than "pretend" water coolers which are beaten by high end air, which is why I will never get one.
Old 10th Jan 2012, 04:01   #15
Kruelnesws
Minimodder

Kruelnesws has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Well I already bought mine on boxing day I had it planned as part of my new build with the 2600k with a much higher overclock. I want to see if I can hit the magic 5ghz. Be it that people with full tilt liquid cooling loops are hitting 5.2ghz+. I've seen people with aggressive air cooling hit 4.7+ with no problems. Well, too late i now own it and no regrets, i got a hell of a deal $85 CAD... bahahaha. Find out in the next month or so how it fairs when i push the hell outta my 2600k! I did have to get 2 adapters so it would fit in my df-85 for the top but that was little effort.
Kruelnesws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2012, 05:55   #16
DesertFox
Modder

DesertFox has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Last page has "Corsair H80 Performance and Conclusion" title.
i7 2600k@ 4.5GHz / Noctua NH-C12P / Maximus IV Extreme / Corsair 8GB Vengeance / Corsair Force GT 120GB x2 in RAID 0 / 4TB JBOD / MSI GTX580 Twin Frozr II SLI / Samsung SA950 27" LED 3D LCD / Z5500s / Steelseries Xai + 7G
DesertFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2012, 08:15   #17
MjFrosty
Hypermodder

MjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youMjFrosty - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
90% for LGA 2011? Really? Honest to god, really? It's a weak cooler, I wouldn't advise anyone use it unless you're not planning on overclocking with the X79 chipset. Proper watercooling is a must IMO.
Old 10th Jan 2012, 08:52   #18
Toka
Fully Outer Joined

Toka has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
No comments on noise then? I don't want to buy a cooler if the only way it really works is by sounding like a hair dryer...

H100 Colours are the wrong way round in the AMD graph on page 2 btw, and the key is wrong on all 3 graphs.
Old 10th Jan 2012, 18:21   #19
lilgoth89
Captin Calliope

lilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
the corsair h series are VERY loud when running full tilt,
but a decent pair of fans will lower temps AND noise ( sythe GT's are what im using on my h70 )
quieter AND better temps = win
Old 10th Jan 2012, 21:36   #20
Picarro
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Picarro is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I have an H80 paired with two GT1250's @ 7v and the noise that irritates me the most is the pump noise -.-'
Intel Core i5 2500k @ 5gHz -:- Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 -:- 2x4 gbCorsair Vengeance 1,5v 1600mHz -:- Gigabyte Windforce X3 GTX 670 -:- Crucial M4 128 gb -:- Samsung F3 Spinpoint 640 gb -:- Corsair H60 with 2x Gentle Typhoon 1850 in push-pull -:- Corsair HX650 -:- Lian Li A05FN -:- Dell U2410 flanked by 2x Dell U2001FP -:- BenQ W1000+ -:-
Picarro is offline   Reply With Quote