bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 10th Jan 2012, 10:06   #1
brumgrunt
Ultramodder

brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
GlobalFoundries starts IBM chip production at Fab 8

AMD fabrication spin-off GlobalFoundries has begun 32nm SOI production at its New York Fab 8 plant.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...uction-fab-8/1
brumgrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2012, 15:54   #2
----jimbo----
What's a Dremel?

----jimbo---- has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Knowing GF I dare say we will see yields in the single digit percentages.
----jimbo---- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2012, 16:03   #3
littlepuppi
Currently playing MWO and loving it

littlepuppi is definitely a rep cheat.littlepuppi is definitely a rep cheat.littlepuppi is definitely a rep cheat.littlepuppi is definitely a rep cheat.littlepuppi is definitely a rep cheat.littlepuppi is definitely a rep cheat.littlepuppi is definitely a rep cheat.littlepuppi is definitely a rep cheat.littlepuppi is definitely a rep cheat.littlepuppi is definitely a rep cheat.littlepuppi is definitely a rep cheat.
You would hope IBM has implemented some best practice and yields will be good, not sure they will mess the worlds seconds biggest tech company around in the same way they do AMD.
250GB Evo | 1TB SSHD | 500GB SATA
littlepuppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2012, 16:17   #4
Rustypouch
Multimodder

Rustypouch has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
the supercomputer-cum-expert system
What the...is that right?
Old 10th Jan 2012, 19:02   #5
DBA
I do my modding with a spoon

DBA has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
the supercomputer-cum-expert system that shot to fame
Just sprayed half a cup of coffee all over my monitor!
DBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2012, 19:27   #6
do_it_anyway
Supermodder

do_it_anyway has yet to learn the way of the Dremeldo_it_anyway has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Believe it or not, that is completely correct -

Quote:
Cum - preposition
with; combined with; along with (usually used in combination): My garage-cum-workshop is well equipped.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/cum
do_it_anyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2012, 20:49   #7
MrGumby
CPC 464 User

MrGumby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MrGumby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MrGumby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MrGumby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MrGumby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MrGumby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MrGumby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MrGumby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MrGumby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MrGumby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MrGumby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I lold
MrGumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2012, 21:28   #8
Crossing
Modder

Crossing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Crossing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Crossing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Crossing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Crossing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Crossing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Crossing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Crossing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Crossing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Crossing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Crossing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Damn, I just visited IBM at Albany's College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering for a school project. Now this happens. This must be very new, they didn't mention GlobalFoundries while I was there.
Crossing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2012, 23:40   #9
debs3759
Was that a warranty I just broke?

debs3759 is definitely a rep cheat.debs3759 is definitely a rep cheat.debs3759 is definitely a rep cheat.debs3759 is definitely a rep cheat.debs3759 is definitely a rep cheat.debs3759 is definitely a rep cheat.debs3759 is definitely a rep cheat.debs3759 is definitely a rep cheat.debs3759 is definitely a rep cheat.debs3759 is definitely a rep cheat.debs3759 is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ----jimbo---- View Post
Knowing GF I dare say we will see yields in the single digit percentages.
it wasn't all of GF's plants that were under-producing. I think it was just one plant that caused the bad press.

HeatWare
debs3759 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jan 2012, 09:10   #10
Rustypouch
Multimodder

Rustypouch has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by do_it_anyway View Post
Believe it or not, that is completely correct -

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/cum
I never would of known any other definition of 'cum' if it wasn't for this thread. Nice play on words though, bit-tech. I also rofl'd.