bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 11th Jan 2012, 09:54   #1
brumgrunt
Ultramodder

brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.brumgrunt is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Zotac announces second-generation Zbox mini-PCs

Zotac has officially unveiled its next-generation Zbox mini-PCs, with Intel and AMD options available.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...eration-zbox/1
brumgrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jan 2012, 10:18   #2
steveo_mcg
I Mod, Therefore I Own

steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
How have I never heard of these before, they look perfect for a living room pc.

Oh, just found this at the top of the googleing... http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/pcs...ni-pc-review/1
Old 11th Jan 2012, 10:43   #3
MSHunter
Mod Master

MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.
I hope they fixed the fan noise issue. The last one had some negative customer reviews on Amazon due to noisy fan.

PC Audio: AKG 271 mk II + Samson Go mic. + Asus Xonar D2X
Amp: DENON PMA510AE, Speakers: TANNOY MERCURY F1
MSHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jan 2012, 10:52   #4
l3v1ck
really joined on Dec 24th 2004.

l3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremell3v1ck has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Speaking of living room PC's.....
When was the last time we saw a new media case with a screen built in to the front. I'd be interested to see what the latest is on them.
The old Dennis Forums (CPC, PC Pro, Mac User etc) - Meeting Place lives on. You're welcome to visit it HERE
l3v1ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jan 2012, 11:20   #5
MSHunter
Mod Master

MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.MSHunter is definitely a rep cheat.
You mean like this:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lenovo-ideaC...6277161&sr=1-6

?

Old 11th Jan 2012, 11:29   #6
M7ck
Ⓜod Ⓜaster

M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.M7ck is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHunter View Post
I don't think that's what he meant.
Old 11th Jan 2012, 11:30   #7
----jimbo----
What's a Dremel?

----jimbo---- has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I have one that I bought for my Bedroom as a HTPC, I needed to be quite obviously so I fitted a SSD. The fan noise is outrageously for such a small unit but I fixed it by simply leaving the side of the case off! That done you can hardly hear it at night, although annoyingly when on standby the LED flashes and is possible equivalent to a 10,000 watt bulb!
----jimbo---- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jan 2012, 12:51   #8
MSHunter
Mod Master

Ways to deal with LEDs:
Tip-ex, Duct Tape or dremmel :P
I used an Exact-o-knife to disconnect the power to LEDs in my case fans.

Though is you want fanless zero moving parts your better building your own. there are some Asus MB with giant coolers and if you need a fan then go quitepc they have some good ones with 9DB.

Old 11th Jan 2012, 13:33   #9
----jimbo----
What's a Dremel?

----jimbo---- has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
There are no LED wires as it's all built on the board however black insulation tape works (-;

Could have built my own, but it is a small well specced bit of kit that mounts to the back of my TV, unlike your recommendation of a "Giant Cooler"
----jimbo---- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jan 2012, 14:35   #10
MSHunter
Mod Master

True when I was looking at the E-350 I was more interested as using as media server. Hence big heat sing plus one huge slow spinning quite fan.

Old 11th Feb 2012, 05:15   #11
Mac_Trekkie
Source Engine's #1 fan!

Mac_Trekkie has yet to learn the way of the DremelMac_Trekkie has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Awww, did Zotac drop the VIA Nano x2 option?
The Brass Balls: i7 870 @ 4.2ghz | Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ | 8gb G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600 | GPU: ZOTAC GTX 560 Ti 448-core 1,280mb | Motherboard: MSI P55-GD65 | Case: ThermalTake Element G | ThermalTake 850w PSU | Samsung Spinpoint F3 1tb | Corsair Nova 32gb SSD
Mac_Trekkie is offline   Reply With Quote